Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup Prediction Falmouth Town v Truro City

Too scary to predict a scoreline.

I was thinking of the Attendance

Truro so far 497 and 668 at their two Home games.

As very few travel in the Southern League it will be an ideal hop to Bickland for the City followers for a rare Away game.

Lets say Falmouth can attract another 100 to add to the 128 from their armchairs and perhaps a gate of 800 for next Saturday.

Yes a Friday night or Sunday kick off would have been an ideal situation but I think the FA insists on a Saturday afternoon start unless there is a good reason for a change and then a 7 day notice must be registered.

Looking at the previous round ties played on Friday/Sunday the reasons given were for

two clubs groundsharing,cricket/athletics using the ground and even a wedding reception at the club.

Reading the Truro forum the City fans are looking out for the Burger Van and McEwans Export in the clubhouse-hope all are well stocked.

Guest plainmoor

What a shocking attendance given all the hype, I think you can squarely lay the blame at truro's feet, as said peviously, they have had home gates of 497 and 668, falmouth have an average home gate of 100, so that means that there was 200 stay away fans who couldn't be arsed to travel 12 miles down the road, these are the same fans that can't be arsed to travel to any away game.

I bet come teh next home game, they will have charged up the battery on their mobility scooter and will be seen pootling along to the ground.

On another note how much did teh gate collection make? I think that it is bad practise not to have already given a total after so many people had put money into the buckets, I want to know where my money went to!

Guest plainmoor

You presume so much in a name! what shall we read into yours.......(Big G) = Fat Git ??? it may it may not, and for your information I do not come from Torquay, nor do I live there and nor do I support them, it is mearly a name that has a great double meaning for me, my name is Moor, no e just plain Moor, the coincidental chance that a sw football team plays at a ground with teh same name as I have chosen is just that, coincidental.

One thing you can be certain of is that (looking) through the records Torquay FC have never really had more than around 2000 home gate in the past 20 years, but they do have travelling suport that goes all over the countRy unlike the Truro band wagon jumpers, so tell me why didn'tat least 200+ not go to a game that was 12 miles from home???

A picture of Torquay and the Forum name 'Plainmoor' seemed to give an indication of where your loyalties might lie. If I had a picture of The Kings Road at Chelsea and used the forum name 'Stamford Bridge' then I know what conclusions I would expect people to draw.

I really don't know what Truro or its Supporters have done to upset you Plainmoor but you really seem to have it in for us - we seem to get on with most other people and clubs but something has really rattled your cage. Whatever it is then it is your problem... just expect the odd swipe back occasionally as in common with most fans we will be defensive towards our Club.

Oh, and by the way, I think you will find that there were 250+ Truro Supporters at the Falmouth match. Most Clubs would be grateful to have that many additional paying customers come through the turnstiles. 250 is about the level of Truro's 'core' support - the rest are people just coming to watch an entertaining game.