Cornwall Football Forum

D & C POLICE XI V ARGYLE LEGENDS

Torpoint Athletic central defender Jamie Evans and his wife Jo,only married a few weeks, recently received some awful news.

Jo has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Millbrook keeper Dan Pen-Collins has organised the above match.

The game will take place at The Mill, Torpoint. Kick off 1pm Sunday 31st August.

A BBQ and refreshments will be available all day followed by an auction of goods to include a bike, digital camera, golf tickets and other items.

A donation would be appreciated on the gate with a suggested amount of £3 for adults and £1 for children.

A raffle will be held in the Club after the game, and if any other clubs can help by donating prizes, please send to:

The Chairman

Torpoint Athletic FC

The Mill

Mill Lane

Torpoint

Cornwall

PL11 2LJ

Please support this cause and help raise funds for Cancer Research and to enable Jamie & Jo enjoy the rest of their time together.

Guest betti1

So sorry to hear this devastating news. Jamie played for us at Millbrook and was always friendly. This sort of news certainly brings home the triviality of football I think. Only 2 weeks ago a young lad in Millbrook aged 23 died leaving a partner and two young children and 4 weeks ago a lad my son plays rugby with died of cancer leaving a daughter of 21/2 and his wife pregnant (I am sure a lot of people will have known him as he lived locally).

Maybe I sound bitter but when you look at some of the scum living ie Ian Huntley, Ian Brady etc, it makes you wonder who decides our fate!!

I will pass some raffle prizes into the club for your use at the match and will put up a poster in our club advertising it if you have one.

I hope that they can enjoy whatever time they have together

My thoughts are with them, if only thoughts and best wishes could make everything better!

Sharan