Cornwall Football Forum

Question for the referee's amongst us????

Whilst watching a ECPL game yesterday, a player was fouled and the referee called for the physio to come on to the field of play. When the treatment had finished the player got up and carried on with the game. The management of the opposite team then asked if the player had to leave the pitch, to which the referee replied "not at this standard." Can't say i've ever heard this before in the ECPL and would appreciate an explanation from an official if possible.

Cheers

Let's be sensible here guy's. In my opinion the main issue is the huge problem with consistency and clarity in the laws of the game and only in a perfect world would the standard of the match officials at local levels, match that of the professional levels, and afterall without the officials giving up there time where would we be without them??

Im sure those who know me will think this is a little rich coming from someone who maybe too often appeals (not complains!) towards officials, but im a firm believer that by the end of a season it all equals itself out no matter who or what officials we all get, but as I previously mentioned its the inconsistency week in, week out of the laws applied by different match officials that concerns me the most.

Guest Blackshirt

John

I myself remove all players ( except goalkeepers ) when the trainer / physio has entered the field of play, if its a top senior game or a lowly game then i allow the player to return at the halfway line when the play in far enough away so he will not gain any advantage by coming on.

Of course this is not always adhered to by referees but I believe its in the laws so it must be done .

even if it does seem a petty thing to do, :drink:

regards Blackshirt

my body was a temple but now its more like a Dome.

Guest Dermot

I agree with Blackshirt,if the Trainer/Physio comes on to the Pitch to assess the players injury the player should leave the pitch for treatment unless the injury is too serious and that should be observed at all Levels of the game. :c:

As for the keeper Dave it would be a bit strange if they had to go off for treatment especially if it was a penalty or a corner,but its just common sense really,blimey I cant believe I just put that down,a Referee using common sense,I will get slaughtered on here saying that. ;0) :lol:

when perranwell played newquay yesterday two of our players collided, the ball went out for a corner and the physio came on to treat them both they both had to go of the pitch at the half way line and wait for the corner to be taken before they could come back on.

Turned out to be quite a decent counter attack in the end, the ball broke from the corner and there were two extra players coming on to the pitch on the half-way line!

This rule may need reviewing. Do the FA (or Cornish FA :c:) ever seek feedback from clubs, managers or players about the rules of the game? This rule, along with the active/passive offside rule have possibly not been as beneficial as first imagined. But what will it take for the rules to be amended? And how long? Saying that, we all love a bit of controversy and rules that cause controversy are usually a good starting point for debate! :smiley20:

Guest Dermot

Its a good way of stopping players wasting time,if a player goes down with a fake injury (i am sure no one ever does) :glare: The Ref gets the player off the pitch and lets the game continue and lets the player back on when the Ref feels satisfied that the injury is healed and Ok to carry on (if you catch my drift) ;0) :smiley20:

Guest Sport Lover

Concerning injuries why is football one of the only contact sports that stops play for injuries?

I understand stopping the game for a serious injury or a head or neck injury. Rugby, rugby league and hockey all carry on even though there is an injury. The players gets attended to and the game continues.

If this was introduced into football a lot of players wouldnt stay down. At all levels of football players are encouraged to 'go down' with an injury to get the game stopped. Toughen up guys :-)