Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results - Saturday August 23rd

Thanks for the idea Bundi, as sensible as everything you say during matches! :P

I was at Frogpool, refereeing 1st v 2nds, 8-1!

As I dont know all the facts I cant comment on why it was played at Pool School, and not at Roskear, just that towards end of the week pitch still was'nt ready??

TITANS 4 MADRON 2

Good game played on a dream of a pitch, best i ve seen park road. Titans were 1 up at half time thanks to Tim James, the 2nd half was far more open and full of drama, further goals from matt eddy (2) and an own goal gave the titans the 3 points in there first ever mining 2 game in the end the better team came out on top. :drink::D:yahoo: :thumbsup:

Cornish New Boys .v. Trevenson Res. played at our place because the Roskear pitch wasn't marked out is what the lads were saying. Well played to the New Boys, 2 early second half goals knocked the stuffing out of us after going in at the break 1 down. We lost our 'keeper at half time which was a blow but well done to John taking over the duties. Pretty even game all in. The grass was a tad long which was a bit of a leveller for both teams. Good luck to New Boys for the season, looking forward to the return fixture and more banter with Pete and Alex!

The pitch was all finished yesterday. Someone from the club rang me late yesterday and i inform that it was ready. Maybe they already swicthed just in case never mind.

Mining League Div 2

Sennen 2 (2) V (0) 3 Threemilestone Res

Threemilestone scorers: Martin Jay, Elliott Jolly & Josh Turner (pen)

A very slow start from Threemilestone saw Sennen take advantage and score two goals in the first half with the wind.

Second half saw the Stones put the pressure onto the homeside and eventually this told with three second half goals without reply. All in all a satisfactory start to the new campaign but a big improvement is needed for the Stones to challenge for any sort of honours.

Well done to both sides for a really good and entertaining game which was excellantly ref'd. :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Mining League Div 2

Sennen 2 (2) V (0) 3 Threemilestone Res

Threemilestone scorers: Martin Jay, Elliott Jolly & Josh Turner (pen)

A very slow start from Threemilestone saw Sennen take advantage and score two goals in the first half with the wind.

Second half saw the Stones put the pressure onto the homeside and eventually this told with three second half goals without reply. All in all a satisfactory start to the new campaign but a big improvement is needed for the Stones to challenge for any sort of honours.

Well done to both sides for a really good and entertaining game which was excellantly ref'd. :yahoo::thumbsup:

agree with you there luffy the ref was superb!!

Troon 7 Spice of life 0

Troon started very slowly, and nerviously!! spice were probably the better side for the first 20 mins because of that but did not create anything, then troon scored a good goal throught richie ward and added another 5 mins later when a good one two on the wing put shane richards through who never looked like missing. 5 mins after that danny bell got the ball in a simular position and again finished cooly making it 3-0. Then just before half time the ball was driving in from the right by shane richards and it managed to find its way into the net, shane had claimed it like any good striker would!!! lol !! 4-0 ht

Troon stepped it up a gear straight from the kick off secodn half and were staight ontop of spice, who themselves were on having a few half chances on the break, troon scored from a corner when clayton reynolds hit the crossbar and darren mitchell was quickest to react and headed in from 4 inch's....!! shane richards was then put in by jason smeeth and turned his defender easily and slotted to complete his hatrick...! then the skipper jamie marles created a great chance for himself,doing all the hardwork by beating 2 players and the keeper....only to miss from 2 yards out...open goal!! but the pitch was to blame....honestly!!! lol!! i';ve fined myself!! lol!! but i did make amends when shane won another header and i ran onto it and unleashed one from the edge of the box that gvae the keeper no chance....moddest i know!! lol!

so 7-0 the final score in a game that troon never looked like losing, although Spice have got a good team down there, and they will probably be there or there abouts at the end of the season....which says alot for troons side this season after this result..! happy days and good times up troon army this season me thinks!!! all the best Spice for the season.. :smiley20::drink:

man of the match between shane richards with his goals....but also woody at left back,great delivery all game and solid.. and also beefy...the choice's of quality makes it too hard!!lol

Mining Division 1.

Threemilestone 0, Four Lanes 1.

A poor performance from the stones, but well done to the young four lanes team, who worked hard in the second half to defend their lead. could of grabbed another as tms pushed forward late on.

Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

TITANS 4 MADRON 2

Good game played on a dream of a pitch, best i ve seen park road. Titans were 1 up at half time thanks to Tim James, the 2nd half was far more open and full of drama, further goals from matt eddy (2) and an own goal gave the titans the 3 points in there first ever mining 2 game in the end the better team came out on top.

Matt Eddy is the ultimate fox in a box !!!!!