Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish Sports Radio

Guest tommo

:c: Hi guys

If you would like to record your Saturday match report using your computer (on a program like sound recorder) save it as a mp3 preferably. Iwill broadcast it on a new radio show online.

The Football Show will run on sundays and wednesdays 1900-2300.

This weeks show is a test run and will be mostly music.

But after that you will be the presenters. Visit the website for more details.

www.cornishsportsradio.com

Thanks Tommo

Well, well, well! Now THERE'S an idea! Not original, mind: there used to be a programme on FM radio that covered ALL Cornish sport on Saturday afternoons....

Small problem, though. Er - how do I "record as an MP3 file"? I have absolutely NO idea what that means! I have a microphone on my PC because I Skypephone friends round the world, but there my knowledge ends. It might be an idea to write simple, key by key instructions for other over-21s like me. Do I need some special software, in which case, what?

Sorry for any confusion, the link is Cornish Sports Radio

Simplified instructions:

1. Go to start menu

2. open accessories

3. Open the Sound recorder

4. Record your broadcast

5. Save as ... The name of your report. this will then save as a wav file.

6. Send your report attached to an e-mail to mail@cornishsportsradio.com

7. I will convert your files for you.

8. REMEMBER This Sunday is test and there will now doubt be hiccups

ps. and its also a bit of fun for everyone to have a go at presenting.

Yes mate, unless you shout loudly and I'll pick it up on mine lol.

Hopefully you'll be able to ring them through to the site soon.

Don't want to spend to much mone yet, cos its only for fun. Its a non-profit site

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting the Radio show up and running.

Music license did not turn up, also the Package i had would not of covered the demand.

The response by everybody has been brilliant, Hopefully by next saturday my License will be through.

Has you wil see, to make match reports easier I've now added a dial up telephone number and SKYPE (just for you Tom) lol

Fingers crossed for next week.

A voicemail system is now activated for your match reports

Thanks and again Sorry

Tommo :(

Good News

From next week we will deliever Your match reports via Podcasts.

They will be available to listen to or download on Mondays From the website. However no music until license sorted.

If you know any unsigned Bands that would like to get there music aired, send them my way. We will able to play this without the license. Plus give them a much needed boost to there Profiles.

The Toilet Monsters from Stithians will be providing music for the shows.

:yahoo:

hi

Sorry it will be on www.cornishsportsradio.com

I will gather reports from people via the new Tel No. 0117 230 8147 on Sunday from 1200. I will cue you in then i will record your match report.

When I have enough reports i will put together the Podcast, It will then be available to listen to or download from the website.

It should be a bit of fun, we'll see how it goes.

ps . I was about to upload the first report from Ken (Torpoint v Bodmin) and the host took the blooming site down for maintenance

Hi guys,

We are now ready to broadcast your shouts and Match reports on Sunday @ 1900.

This a Packed week of football, not only do we have a full local proramme, but you are free to comment on The Champions League qualifiers / Uefa cup etc. You can advertise for players etc . Its you call, say what you want but keep it clean.

Those who continually swear etc will be barred.

The Stations Voicemail is now active. Get Calling now.

Tel No. 0117 230 8147 :thumbsup:

When listening to the show on sunday, just click the play button and you will be directed to the Station using UBroadcast.com.

When the show is finished I will keep it playing on loop until the next show.

Hmm. Still having problems. Having found out how to transfer voice recordings from my mobile 'phone onto my PC so that perhaps I can record interviews to send you, I thought I'd have a closer look at the site. "Click below", it says, to hear the programme. There's nothing to click on that I can see, except something for the web site designer. Is it this coming Sunday - Aug 31st - that it all starts? Am I missing something? I intend to go to the Falmouth/Truro game this Saturday: I was thinking I could do a piece for the site.

Hmm. Still having problems. Having found out how to transfer voice recordings from my mobile 'phone onto my PC so that perhaps I can record interviews to send you, I thought I'd have a closer look at the site. "Click below", it says, to hear the programme. There's nothing to click on that I can see, except something for the web site designer. Is it this coming Sunday - Aug 31st - that it all starts? Am I missing something? I intend to go to the Falmouth/Truro game this Saturday: I was thinking I could do a piece for the site.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your interest. Your match reports can be phoned through to my voicemail system usingthe telephone number: 0117 230 8147.

Hopefully there will be some interest else it will be a very short show lol.

Tom if you e-mail me : mail@cornishsportsradio.com

I will you e-mail you some easy ways to record and some ideas.

Thanks Tommo

Tommo, a question I have is will the station run through Widnows Media Player or will you need to download any software to listen to the show.

Richard

Hi mate

When you click on the play button at the bottom of the page on sunday a new player called Ubroadcast should load. This is a safe player. it is programmed to load to my station. once loaded you will see the number 19274 and jump. 19274 is our station number just press jump and you there.

Cheers Tommo

Well ..... any comments?

I unfortunately can't make any, for some reason couldn't get the "play" button to light up! I was able to click on one of the others and listen to that one giving out a message, so presumably I have the right software etc on my PC!

I'm interested to hear from others though. :rolleyes:

Hi Dave

Thanks for your interest. There were a few server issues, hopefully ironed out by next week. I had 4 match reports and a few other segments to add in. I am currrntly tinkering and will hopefully replay the show on Friday night. I'm on the verge of sorting out a phone in system as well.

The biggest problem is converting all the different formats of software i receive, but we'll get there like British Rail. We may even have a nice musical interlude this weekend.

Cheers

Wayne

mail@cornishsportsradio.com

• 1 month later...