Cornwall Football Forum

JUNIOR CUP DRAW WEST

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES. SOME CRACKING TIES.

CARHARACK V WEST CORNWALL

CHACEWATER V HOLMANS

CORNISH NEW BOYS V MAWGAN

CROWN INN GLORY V HELSTON ATH

FAL ALBION V LIZARD

FROGPOOL V TRISPEN

GOONHAVERN V MULLION

GWINEAR V CONSTANTINE

HALSETOWN V TRURO CITY

HAYLE V WENDRON

HEAMOOR V PENRYN

ILLOGAN V CURY

LANNER V SCHOOL OF MINES

LUDGVAN V GULVAL

MADRON V STITHIANS

MARAZION BLUES V ST IVES MARINERS

MAWNAN V ST BURYAN

MOUNT AMBROSE V RESUDGEON

NEWLYN V CAMBORNE PARK

PENDEEN V FAL ATH

PERRANPORTH V ST DAY

PERRANWEL V FALMOUTH TOWN

PORTHLEVEN V FOUR LANES

PORTREATH V CULDROSE

RED UTD V ST KEVERNE

ROBARTES V TITANS

SENNEN V RUAN MINOR

ST IVES V ST AGNES

ST JUST V TROON

3MILESTONE V MOUSHOLE

TREVENSON V SPICE

STORM HAVE A BYE

talking of going back in time the perranporth st day tie will bring back a few memorys for the current perran side playing in the competition!!! incidently who are the lowest league club to have ever one the junior cup?? because perranporth must be quite high on most peoples lists as favourites!!!or will the duchy 5 lads be ineligable for the competition?

"Hard to call" ties at Chacewater,Falmouth Albion,Halsetown,Madron,Mawnan,Newlyn,Pendeen,Perranwell,Porthleven,Portreath,Redruth Utd,St.Ives,St.Just,Threemilestone & Trevenson.What a draw this is for the first round!

Robartes playing Titans in a recent friendly,prospect of mkc & Rappo returning to Frogpool,Perranporth v St.Day recent competitive matches,this has thrown up some great future talking points!

Guest titan1

gaffer u kept a clean sheet in goal cant be that bad , couldnt think of a better draw i think u deserve a replay win lose or draw its going to be a good game :drink:

Guest chacewater 7

other than chacewater, obviously,i would say the team 2 watch will be st keverne. done well last year and have had a good pre season.always tough team 2 play against especially at home. fal ath have a tough draw down pendeen but should win through that game. holmans have a decent side this year,glad we have a home tie against them

Unfortunatly for us the tie of the round has got to be Chacewater V Holmans.

Although Dave Marks has had a "great" pre season and strengthened the Holmans Squad this year he has also lost a number of rising stars to the 1st Team.

Chacewater is never an easy place to get a result and the defending FHFL1 Champions must feel they have a good chance to progress in what will hopefully be a cracking tie.

Guest NORTHERNB*****D

What a lovely draw for us(FAL ATH). Always a horrible place to go to and now we have to make 2 trips this season, we are so lucky

Guest mariner

For fal ath away 2 Pendeen promoted div 2 side last season, and again last season away to St KKKeverne promoted div 2 side Hmmmmm just a little joke on my part no harm intended lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yes as you can get all those things and still stay in the land of the living!! :yahoo:

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT PENDEEN, THEY ARE STILL AS FAR AS I AM AWARE THE ONLY TEAM IN CORNWALL TO WIN THE JUNIOR CUP ON 3 CONSECUTIVE SESON'S! :thumbsup:

Well done I was completly unaware of that that is some achievment!!

Still a hell hole though!!

they may have won it 3 times in a row but it was before i was born!!!

just kidding ( i was born in 1981 tho)

we are down there this saturday in the league

not bad place to go but just in the arseend of nowhere

incidentally the last time i played down there was for duchy 4 west side veryan in the junior cup in the 1997-1998 season

won 11-1 and i can home with 5 stitches after banging heads with an opponent, missed out on a hat trick too!!! that was the biggest win of the round

we then progressed to the 2nd round to be beaten 12-1 by DUCHY at draceana, that was the biggest winning margin in that round!! and i scored our goal with a headband on that i used to cover my freshly healed skin!!!

BECAME A BIT OF A TRADITION WEARING THE HEADBAND

Aggie got through to the area final about 5 years ago I think, after beating Perranporth at our place, what a day that was!!! Good old Thommo!!! that was a real derby, 90% of Aggie team were Aggie boys, 100% of Perrans team were Perran boys!!! they took defeat quite well though to be fair to them!! Then we lost to Holmans in the Area Final at Newquay 2-1

We were in FHL2 at the time! May even have been 3 actually!

No Darren you were definately in Division 2 at the time and gained promotion to Division 1 that same season. :thumbsup:

I remember the area final at Newquay, that was a cracking game also, we all came along to support Aggie but got some funny looks from the other spectators because we were singing Perranporth songs in the stand !!!

The romance of the Junior cup. Cant help but notice that on Easter Monday the game always seems to mean alot more to the Junior teams that it does the Senior teams. The spectators are more passionate too :smiley20:

Pendeen did not win it three years in row,Cat,but still a superb achievement to do it 3 times in 4 years.

Morwenstow have also won it three times but the Biscovey,Penryn and Cornwall Mills clubs have won the cup four times.

I STAND CORRECTED, I DID HOWEVER RESEARCH IT AFTER I HAD PUT IT ON, THANKS SOCCER FOLLOWER, I THINK IT'S FAIR TO SAY PENDEEN HAVE A LOT OF HISTORY WITH THAT CUP! :D