Cornwall Football Forum

ENGLAND v CZECK VERDICT

I among millions of others was bemused by the England peformance last night. So lets go through the squad.

David James (6) - Still the best goalkeepr around despite his age I appear to be one of the few that thought he did the right thing in charging out of his area, simply because there was no attacker anyway near the box and he had plenty of cover. The free kick he let in had to be one of the best ever seen.

Wes Brown (6) - This guy does his best but not a patch on Gary Neville. A great goal and will always give his best for the cause.

Rio Ferdinand (7)- How this guy was not named captain has to be the biggest mystry for some time When ever he plays alongside Terry he has to baby sit him. Keeoping an eye on Terry and the opponents is difficult which at times affects his own performance.

John Terry (5) - Another million pund poser who quite frankly does not warrent his place let alone be the England captain. He was totally at fault for the other Czeck goal when he completely left the striker alone and didn't even make a challenge. Will most probably be a star against Andorra

Ashley Cole (5) - He seemed confuesd by what was happening in front of him.

Gareth Barry (6) - Works hard and is a genuine up and down midfielder unfortunately with Gerrard and Lampard not sure of their role in the team he did not have the best of games.

Davod Beckham (6) - I felt sorry for Becks because he had nobody to work with inside so did not have the confidence to run at defenders. His energy levels are terrific and when he lost the ball or sensed danger he worked hard to get the ball back. What was astonishing was the comments from the studio about Beckham chasing the ball. It tells you the level of coaching we have around these days. If you go chasing then somebody occupies the postion you have just vacated. Unfortunately with no Hargreaves inside and lazybones Lampard not having any football brain to cover Beckham he was often left isolated.

Frank Lampard (5) - Who on earth ever said this guy was an international, he is not at Chelsea where everyone does the work for him. His energy levels were low and his team work and need to do his share of the workload was as usual sadly missing.

Jermain Defoe (6) - Jermain does have the ability but it seems a bit late in trying to work out who he is supposed to work with who up front.

Steven Gerrard (6) - Once again what on earth is the position he is supposed to be playing. he should either be centre or on the right You have to feel sorry for the lad.

Wayne Rooney(5) - My adivce to Capello is to look at every video he can of Rooney at Manchester United so that he knows where to play him and who with

Substitutes

Jonathon Woodgate (5) - Bringing on Woodgate exposed Terry for what he is, a very average defender whio needs good players around him. When Ferdinand went off Terry was left isolated and his lack of ability was exposed. Woodgate is worth a try alongside Ferdinand.

Emile Heskey (5) - A whole hearted player but now out of his depth at this level.

Joe Cole (6) - I was a little surprised to see him left out of the starting line-up. His exclusion seemed to unbalance the side.

Jermaine Jenas (5) - Hadn't relaised he had come on. Pretty annoymous because he was put in a no win situation.

Stewart Downing (5) - Give me a break he is another who thinks he is better than what he really is but another who is out of his depth at this level,

David Bentley (5) - Similar to Downing, he thinks he is better than what he really is. makes far to many mistakes and quite franky if that is all we have to replace Beckham then Becks will be around for a few more years yert.

So what is the message to Capello.

Firstly he has to get Hargreaves back ASAP.

As soon as Gary Neville is fit he should go straight into the team as Captain.

Take the captaincy off Terry and tell him he must earn his place.

Introduce Woodgate to play alongside Ferdinand

Tell Bentley, Downing and Heskey thanks but no thanks.

It has to be goodbye to lazy poser Lampard. He just does not earn his place and he gerts £150k A WEEK many people don't earn that much in 10 years let alone a week. He just will not work for the team only for Team Lampard.

If only Scholes hadn't retired. If Hargreaves can't play we must find another combatitive midfielder who can do the job.

The major point is Capello must stop picking players because of their reputation. He must pick the best team.

A very, very dissapointing performance and the crowd duly let Capello know. The honeymoon is now over.

England

1 David James, 2 Wes Brown, 3 Ashley Cole, 4 Gareth Barry, 5 Rio Ferdinand (15 Jonathan Woodgate, 58), 6 John Terry ©, 7 David Beckham (19 Jermaine Jenas, 79), 8 Frank Lampard (17 David Bentley, 79), 9 Jermain Defoe (21 Emile Heskey, 46), 10 Steven Gerrard (20 Joe Cole, 58), 11 Wayne Rooney (18 Stewart Downing, 68)

Substitutes not used

12 Paul Robinson, 13 Glen Johnson, 14 Wayne Bridge, 16 Matthew Upson, 22 Theo Walcott, 23 Joe Hart.

Guest mariner

Well done captain sherry for getting turned inside-out by baros (lol) for the goal. And all we could muster where 2 goals from set play shocking just not good enough at the mo, and not sure if we will be in 22 months time!

I don't know about the rest of you, but has the performances of our so-called England football stars over the last couple of years drained everyone of their enthusiasm for the national team, I know I'm getting to the point where I don't even care about England playing anymore, cos I know it's just gonna be the same old load of c*ap. I watched about 5 minutes of the game last night and was thoroughly bored, I know it was a friendly, but I don't think I've watched a complete England game since 2006.

By no means is this an anti-national team rant because I'm as passionate about my country as the next man, and nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing a successful, exciting national team, but I just feel it's getting tiresome watching the same old faces flattering to deceive and succession of managers not brave enough to bang some heads together.

I among millions of others was bemused by the England peformance last night. So lets go through the squad.

David James (6) - Still the best goalkeepr around despite his age I appear to be one of the few that thought he did the right thing in charging out of his area, simply because there was no attacker anyway near the box and he had plenty of cover. The free kick he let in had to be one of the best ever seen.

Wes Brown (6) - This guy does his best but not a patch on Gary Neville. A great goal and will always give his best for the cause.

Rio Ferdinand (7)- How this guy was not named captain has to be the biggest mystry for some time When ever he plays alongside Terry he has to baby sit him. Keeoping an eye on Terry and the opponents is difficult which at times affects his own performance.

John Terry (5) - Another million pund poser who quite frankly does not warrent his place let alone be the England captain. He was totally at fault for the other Czeck goal when he completely left the striker alone and didn't even make a challenge. Will most probably be a star against Andorra

Ashley Cole (5) - He seemed confuesd by what was happening in front of him.

Gareth Barry (6) - Works hard and is a genuine up and down midfielder unfortunately with Gerrard and Lampard not sure of their role in the team he did not have the best of games.

Davod Beckham (6) - I felt sorry for Becks because he had nobody to work with inside so did not have the confidence to run at defenders. His energy levels are terrific and when he lost the ball or sensed danger he worked hard to get the ball back. What was astonishing was the comments from the studio about Beckham chasing the ball. It tells you the level of coaching we have around these days. If you go chasing then somebody occupies the postion you have just vacated. Unfortunately with no Hargreaves inside and lazybones Lampard not having any football brain to cover Beckham he was often left isolated.

Frank Lampard (5) - Who on earth ever said this guy was an international, he is not at Chelsea where everyone does the work for him. His energy levels were low and his team work and need to do his share of the workload was as usual sadly missing.

Jermain Defoe (6) - Jermain does have the ability but it seems a bit late in trying to work out who he is supposed to work with who up front.

Steven Gerrard (6) - Once again what on earth is the position he is supposed to be playing. he should either be centre or on the right You have to feel sorry for the lad.

Wayne Rooney(5) - My adivce to Capello is to look at every video he can of Rooney at Manchester United so that he knows where to play him and who with

Substitutes

Jonathon Woodgate (5) - Bringing on Woodgate exposed Terry for what he is, a very average defender whio needs good players around him. When Ferdinand went off Terry was left isolated and his lack of ability was exposed. Woodgate is worth a try alongside Ferdinand.

Emile Heskey (5) - A whole hearted player but now out of his depth at this level.

Joe Cole (6) - I was a little surprised to see him left out of the starting line-up. His exclusion seemed to unbalance the side.

Jermaine Jenas (5) - Hadn't relaised he had come on. Pretty annoymous because he was put in a no win situation.

Stewart Downing (5) - Give me a break he is another who thinks he is better than what he really is but another who is out of his depth at this level,

David Bentley (5) - Similar to Downing, he thinks he is better than what he really is. makes far to many mistakes and quite franky if that is all we have to replace Beckham then Becks will be around for a few more years yert.

So what is the message to Capello.

Firstly he has to get Hargreaves back ASAP.

As soon as Gary Neville is fit he should go straight into the team as Captain.

Take the captaincy off Terry and tell him he must earn his place.

Introduce Woodgate to play alongside Ferdinand

Tell Bentley, Downing and Heskey thanks but no thanks.

It has to be goodbye to lazy poser Lampard. He just does not earn his place and he gerts £150k A WEEK many people don't earn that much in 10 years let alone a week. He just will not work for the team only for Team Lampard.

If only Scholes hadn't retired. If Hargreaves can't play we must find another combatitive midfielder who can do the job.

The major point is Capello must stop picking players because of their reputation. He must pick the best team.

A very, very dissapointing performance and the crowd duly let Capello know. The honeymoon is now over.

England

1 David James, 2 Wes Brown, 3 Ashley Cole, 4 Gareth Barry, 5 Rio Ferdinand (15 Jonathan Woodgate, 58), 6 John Terry ©, 7 David Beckham (19 Jermaine Jenas, 79), 8 Frank Lampard (17 David Bentley, 79), 9 Jermain Defoe (21 Emile Heskey, 46), 10 Steven Gerrard (20 Joe Cole, 58), 11 Wayne Rooney (18 Stewart Downing, 68)

Substitutes not used

12 Paul Robinson, 13 Glen Johnson, 14 Wayne Bridge, 16 Matthew Upson, 22 Theo Walcott, 23 Joe Hart.

Wouldn't happen to be a Man Utd follower by any chance would you ECPL?.

Just an opinion but yes I am.

One of the other things which I think most people noticed was that there was no GAME PLAN or even a PLAN B. I hope we are all wrong but it does not at the moment look good for the future of England.

Anyone got any ideas because I'm stumped. I was able to watch the match on a mates TV because he has Setanta All I can say is thank goodness i'm sticking to SKY TV.

Another point and this goes back to to the vast influx of foreign players and managers. Clubs have for a long time looked inwardly and have absolutely no interest in supporting England by playing English players.

What happens when the money runs out and the money men move on.

I get the impression there just isn't the England talent around.

Guest The Old Man

ECPL you wont be happy till Capello picks this team:

1. Foster

2. Neville

3. Neville

4. Hargreaves

5. Ferdinand

6. Brown

7. Beckham

8. Carrick

9. Campbell

10. Rooney

11. Scholes

And England play at Old Trafford.....

No bias from you :P

Well Scholes wont be playing will he, Sven made sure he didnt enjoy playing for England so he quit cos was being played on the left instead of through the middle, oh just the same as is happening with Gerrard then.

Wouldnt agree totally that its down to the foreigners coming in as we still have a big pool of players to choose from, certainly bigger than Chechs Croats Turkey Spain and probably any other team at the Euro's.

Guest Sport Lover

Over paid, over rated, lack of pride, lack of tatics, lack of entertainment, lack of self believe.

When your getting 150 grand a week why should you care?

The GB oOympic team are a credit to us all and done use all proud.

There is always one. No constructive critisism just a very silly posting with absolutely no content. Not to worry it made me chuckle. Are you sure you are not The silly Old Man.

Phil Neville plays for Everton, Beckham for LA Galaxy and Scholes wont play for England. :SM_carton::wacko:

So what is your take on the subject, do you have any views about players, tactics or even the manager?

Well said Sport Lover. Did you know that the average swimmer and I am not talking about just the top ones trains in the water for 24 hours a week. People like the Patten girl puts in 800 kilometres a week, or 500 miles. Puts it all in to perspective doesn't it. Apart from getting to the pool at 5.30am.

I'm afraid footballers don't know they are living. The only reason they get their money is because millions of us love the game and support it. All I can say is thank goodness I don't have to buy Setanta.

Guest The Old Man

ECPL....you being a Manchester United fan can surely remember that the great Alex Ferguson took three and a half years before he got to grips with his team. How long has Capello been in charge? Not twelve months yet...of course he's still learning the strengths and weaknesses of his players.

I'm sure in time he will stamp his style and systems on these very talented, over-paid prima donnas and I'm sure when the World Cup comes around in 2010 we will be in the mix. :thumbsup:

I'm afraid we have to get there first. We are paying this guy millions of pounds a year. We have been made to look like idiots over the last few years and unfortunately at this level you have to deliver. If you want to blame someone then Barwick is your man. This overblown office clerk picked the last two managers after 'careful deliberation' and has got it very, very wrong both times.

And the other thing Capello has the pick of the best players in the country. The fans rightly booed him after the game not because we only drew but in the manner in which we played.

The other problem is the players.

I spotted in todays Plymouth Herald an article headed PREMIER DONNAS EMBARRASSED BY OLYMPIC HEROES written by Bill Richards. It goes on to say: 'Overall with one or two notable exceptions England's players have added disinterest and complacency to their list of non achievements. In my view David Bentley typifies all that is wrong with English football at preseent. I may be doing the Tottenham winger a dis-service, but he seems to hold an inflated and grossly innacurate opinion of his abilities.

Bentley is a microcosm from the malaise that is English football - mediccraty dressed up as the crown jewels. What's even more depressing is that even a hardened and talented pro like Fabio Capello seems unable to improve things, either. Or maybe he just dosn't care anymore having given them up as a lost cause'.

I think the vast majority of the country will agree with his sentiments. And yes another club I have followed for years is Spurs and to think that Berbatov looks like going and is replaced by a player who if I remember correctly decided he din't want to play for England under 21's because he was to tired. That says it all

In a few words our top players and yes I will not include David Beckham have no guts and no desire

My view, go and watch your local football team and enjoy.

Guest The Old Man

So you are judging Mr Capello on England's friendlies??? How is he supposed to find the right players for the job if he doesn't experiment with his line-ups and tac-tics???

Surely the time to judge the man is when we play competitive matches???

Even the mighty reds lose friendlies, dont they???

If we dont qualify for the World Cup, then by all means CRUCIFY him.

:wacko:

So what has mr Capello been doing the past 12 months? Surely he has watched replays of matches from the last few years so try and find out what went wrong, who he thinks is'nt up to it anymore, what tactics havent been tried, what has been tried but failed!!? Surely he has been told by the likes of Stuart Pearce and Trevor Brooking their ideas as to why it all went wrong. You would hope so anyway but it s not looking like it at the minute hence the same uninspiring, paceless, unprofessional, lazy side, captain and tactics being chosen!

And Sven WAS judged on friendlies, thats why so may thought he was actually good and a success because his win rate was half decent but look what happened at tournaments....FAILURE!! Let's hope Fabio oes it the other way round

Guest Sport Lover

To show you what concerns a lot of football players most I'm sure I saw Beckham advertising Sharpie Pens on TV!!!!!

How low will they sink to get a few extra quid are times really that hard in the Beckham household?

Some of the Olympic GB team are funded and graded something like A, B, and C If you dont achieve you have your funding reduced or withdrawn. That would certainly make for an interesting introduction into football.

Guest The Old Man

Hey Sport Lover.... if a pen company offered you easy money what would you do? Sayno thanks I've got principles?

And as for grading our Olympic hopefuls...the ones who make up the numbers and dont get through the first round of qualifying get C sponsorship. Those who achieve better are B sponsored and the medalists A funded.

Isn't that the way of the professional footballer?

Lower league teams pay reasonable money

Higher league teams pay good money

Premier league teams pay even more

Isn't this the case in any occupation? :wacko: