Cornwall Football Forum

Silvestre Signs For Arsenal!

Smithy

Silvestre has put pen to paper on a lucrative 2 year deal beleived to be around £10 a game plus travel expenses :lol::lol: joking!!! :lol: (not sure how much he's on)

Good cover for our backline/clichy

strange signing though if u ask me.

1. he's 31

2. why move from a bench to sit on a bench? (unless wenger is going to move toure to dcm)

3. why did man utd let him join a rival?

hopefu;;y this isnt the one big signing wenger was talking about!!

still nice to know we have quality cover for clichy now!! traore got raped against man utd in fa cup last yr!!

in wenger we trust

Think fergie let him go because, he's a little bit past it. And for anyone to say he was crap is silly. Silvest played some good football for man u and did his best for the club. but if you have to sit on the bench behind evra every game he's going to move cause he hasnt got a chance of playing. at arsenal though he'll have a chance as clichy is still young and not overlly good yet.

Good buy for arsenal and great for man utd. everyones happy

Think fergie let him go because, he's a little bit past it. And for anyone to say he was crap is silly. Silvest played some good football for man u and did his best for the club. but if you have to sit on the bench behind evra every game he's going to move cause he hasnt got a chance of playing. at arsenal though he'll have a chance as clichy is still young and not overlly good yet.

Good buy for arsenal and great for man utd. everyones happy

only disagree with one thing hodges 21 . clichy not overly good yet i think you will find he was in the premier league select side voted by fellow premiership players

Arsene Wenger very rarely gets it wrong in the transfer market. As for Silvestre Arsenal are short of people in defence and their arent that many top defenders who are up for sale. Silvestre can play at both left and full back when needed and after all who would you pick as a replacement Senderos or Silvestre i rest my case.

Guest postman pat

although arse have some good young players they lack experience.that is the main quality that silvestre brings to the goners. they need someone with a winning mentallity because the arse have forgotten how to win trophys :P:thumbsup: how many medals has silvestre got? quite a few for a supposed bad player :glare:

Darren Fletcher has got a sack full of medals as well, have him if you want. Jonathan Greening has a Champions League winners medal as does David May for christ sake, it a squad game the squad gets medals when you keep winning trophy after trophy, Arsenal fans would probably forgotton all about that though!!! :yahoo:

Looks like another one of Wengers young guns is leaving.

Senderos is poised to join team mate Flamini at A.C.Milan.

Whats happening to this wonderful bunch of young talent,Wenger kept going on about.

In Wenger we trust.

As a Spurs supporter,I think he is doing great.Keep it going Wenger.

We are in NO position to say anything somersetspur. They'll still finish way above our boys and their supporters are probably already writing down their taunts of ridicule for the end of the season.

We need to stop being preoccupied by what's going on with the North London invaders and worry more about our relegation scrap. ;)

Coopsie,you got to have a little bit of faith mate.

I was there on Saturday,and your worst fears came true.

But Bale,Woodgate,and Jenas all missed great chances.

As I said in my thread if we played well and take our chances we would win.

We did'nt,they did.They won,fair play to them.

I will tell you one thing,we will not be in a relagation scrap.

We will finish top half.

Get rid of Berbatov the p---k,couple of more signings,get us all pulling in the right direction,

no negative disrupting ass---es,causing dressing room unease,and we will be fine.

As for Ar5ena1.The cheer on the bus on the way home could be heard for miles on the M4

when Fulham result came over the radio.So if that made 70 yids journey home a bit easier.

So be it.Coopsie they may finish above us.Dont think there going to have a good season.

They are going to struggle.

Will be there next home game Aston Villa,cheering as loud as ever.

COYS.

Hmmm, the Villa game. Yet another game I'm concerned about. After that game we could well have played 4 games and have a big fat ZERO in the points column. I think that if we lose to Chelsea on sunday it will be our worst start in the league for 30ish years. :(

Then Villa visiting the lane could really leave us in the mire, especially if they go and sign Milner. God I'd like to see him marauding down our left wing.