Cornwall Football Forum

WHAT A GAME!!

Newquay reserves v Perranporth, what an advert for combo football. It was newquay's cup final, something that perran will need to deal with every game. Newquay had a host of youngsters who really stepped up to the mark tonight ( Jack bevan, joff bunt, tom taylor, josh harris) and were not bullied or over awed in the game.

After an even first half newquay took the lead through Scott palmer after good work down the right, only for perran to equalise 1 minute later, i think rowson following up from 6 yards after a trevaskis spilled shot. A dubious free kick resulted in a back post header from I think Rob stapleton to give perran the lead. With about 5 mins left Andy Harris was brought down in the area for a definate pen which was coolly despatched by Plamer. In a tense finsh, with a few added minutes newquay held on at the deliht of the crowd ( which was a decent size) Newquay thoroughly deserved the point, a credit to the club and no 1st teamers (well, scott palmer, but last seasons second team top scorer!!). The ref was ok but could have made some of his decisions easier if he had kept up with play.

Well done both teams.

Newquay: Shanks, ad weller, joff bunt, tom taylor, matt darwent, andy harris, shaun lawrence, jack bevan, josh harris, luke welden, scott palmer subs: mike rabone, adam pearson, jed jenkins, tom lyne, ginger rob

Perran: Butcher,goldring,miles,cain,elliot,wort,harris,moustrides,gosling,rowson, trevaskis: subs: stapleton,andrew,salmon not used dark

that will be the third team in duchy 5

they do have a reserve team in FAL HEL div 2

Last years 1st team (me not included) are playing in Duchy 5. This is due to the Falmouth Helston league not letting a team of senior players from last year playing in their league. You are allowed to re-register 2 players to junior level every 5 weeks or something like that, so they are playing in Duchy 5. They won 9-0 on saturday against apparently one of the better teams in the league. Bit of a farce really.

Last years 1st team (me not included) are playing in Duchy 5. This is due to the Falmouth Helston league not letting a team of senior players from last year playing in their league. You are allowed to re-register 2 players to junior level every 5 weeks or something like that, so they are playing in Duchy 5. They won 9-0 on saturday against apparently one of the better teams in the league. Bit of a farce really.

U NOT INCLUDED WHERE U PLAYING THEN

U NOT INCLUDED WHERE U PLAYING THEN

I was considering playing rugby, but now I'm going back to Portsmouth uni to finish off my degree.