Cornwall Football Forum

newquay ahead against perranporth

The situation at Perranporth this season with the large number of players who the club want to re-instate is a very unususal one,normally it is only one or two requesting being downgraded to Junior status at any one time.

Although i can understand the frustrations with the rule for a Senior club,there are two sides to every coin and you also need to look at it from the aspect of the Junior club.Would you like to turn up at a Senior club's ground and find that you were playing their first team because they had no fixture,instead of the seconds in a league match? After all these are supposedly players of a higher standard and,although some teams will raise their game i accept,but that action is not in the spirit of the game.

I personally find the rule a frustrating one and perhaps it could be modified.Maybe to allow one or two players to be dropped to Junior status without having to be re-instated.

I agree SF with your comments about turning up to a game to find that you are playing a clubs first team because they dont have a game, this is not definately in the spirit of the game. However, surely the rule should only apply for the current season and not the preceeding season ??

Like the situation at Perranporth, if a number of players are overtaken in the pecking order by other players, this means that more than 2 players cannot play for the reserves in any one game until they have played 5 consecutive games in the competition (nb. this means 5 games in a row and not missing 1 game ie. if the player is injured and misses a game he then goes back to start at zero !) then becoming a Junior player. Then another 2 players can be introduced in game 6 ?

To be honest I find the whole last season rule quite bizzare, we are the only county of the 9 closest that were researched that apply this rule !!