Cornwall Football Forum

result of portreath vs hayle- combination league

Guest bundithegreat

Guest bundithegreat

just got back from clijah were portreath fought hard to pull la victory out of the last kick of the game winning 2-1, hayle dominated the first half with a lot of kicking going on and alot of moaning going on especially from the hayle captain. hayle were very unlucky not to go ahead in the first half after having all the efforts but portreath held tight and some get saves from smokey in goal kept the score to 0-0 at half time, the second hal was a totally different game with portreath taking the action to hayle, nice solid tackling and some great 1-2 football from the portreath side. the first goal came from a great run from matt drake in to the hayle box and was bought down for a penalty, brett stepped up and the keeper made a great save but only for brett to score the rebound, hayle equalised after 5 minutes of the restart through andy withers with a good finish, with 5 minutes of the game to go portreath decided to go for bust with about 5 chances in 2 minutes, with the final kick of the game tom blaber lobbed the keeper from outside the box to win the game for portreath and make it 2 wins out of two, might be early in the season but looks like portreath are more than ready for senior football, i must add that hayle did look poor and on another day could easily have won if they had taken the chances but forget about hayle and say congrats to portreath with a good solid performance,!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Patch8

I was also at that game and fair shout to portreath for battling hard in the second half and getting a win and also a good banter with players and fans on both sides. Didnt think Hayle were very poor thought the Portreath goalie won them the game with a string of fine saves fair play to the lad. On another day Hayle could of been going in at half time 5 or 6 nil up the first half was all one way traffic. Hayle's fault for not takin there cahnces when the came but like i said portreath goalie was quality, all the best for the season to portreath long may it last that u remain unbeaten and u have a good seaon. If ur gonna have ago at the hayle captain then surely u must also bring up the fact that portreath number 10 was lucky to stay on the pitch. All the beat Portreath.

Guest Tomzey

Could or should of been 5 or 6 nil to Hayle at half time, wiv our keeper only touching ball once in first half and that was a goal kick! But fair play to Portreath they battled well and there keeper pulled of 3or 4 good saves and defenders cleared the ball of the line 3 times but on another day think would of folded if we took our chances and could of ended a cricket score. We were unlucky wiv pen as Rob Troon was foul and left in a heap seconds b4 it was given. Enough moaning just gutted we didn't get anything from game but that football! Good luck for rest of season Portreath and we'll cya at ours.

cant really disagree with patch8 or tomzey for the first thirty minutes hayle played some nice football but adam (smokes) williams was outstanding for us tonight in goal and was only beaten in the end by a own goal . hayle should of had a handsome lead at half time but thats football second half a different game teams much more even . we scored the winner with a minute left and got the win but realisticly hayle deserved far more than what they got . i think hayle have a good side and wish them the best for the rest of the season.

on a personal note it was nice to see two of my old centre half partners from my illogan days ( lee patchett and rob troon )playing at the back thats a good partnership in any combo side

Guest Patch8

Cheers for that john bud we both just need to get fit but whats new eh!! So have u actually finished then or u 2 just jokin after the game, hope not bud lookin forward to the return at our place. Likewise from me as well mate was good to see out playing. All the best for the season

Good afternon fellas , signing in from Majorca, just havin a siesta :drink: in the local pub, good start for us with 2 decent wins but I think we need to keep feet on the ground....but I hope everyone is enjoying the step up.

Im not going to writr too much the waiter has just bought over a couple of free shots for us.....damm now Im pissed again.

See you all soon

Wardy (the bronzed Adonnis) :drink:

hi ya lee at the end of last season mate i told everyone at portreath i didnt want to play combo this season . after all i am well over forty . but due to players leaving and other complications i have said i would help them out and i have started both games so far and now it looks like i might be needed for a couple of more . but the old legs are aching already mate and i very much doubt i will make the return . but i will be down their in the bar watching . nice to see you and troony last night and im sure you will have a good season . all the best mate