Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FULL Results Tuesday 19th August

ECPL FULL Results Tuesday 19th August

Premier Division

St Stephen 0 Bodmin Town 1

Sticker 2 Probus 1

Torpoint Athletic 4 Liskeard Athletic 3

Wadebridge Town v Launceston (Postponed)

Division One

Camelford 4 Holsworthy 1

Elburton Villa 4 Plymstock United 0

Nanpean Rovers 0 Roche 5

St Stephens Borough 1 Plymouth Parkway 6

Spod may have one reason but the other is a little more simple.

The Plymouth & West Devon Combination League in which Plymouth Parkway came runners-up last season, is according to the pyrmaid system on a par with the ECPL Premier Division.

In theory Parkway should have moved across to the ECPL Premier Division and not Division One. It was the same with Tamarside when they joined Division One.

Should be an interesting season ahead

Exactly my point, it was believed that they were going to be put into the ECPL. Hope that answers your question hedgerow?!?!

If they are going to be trouncing teams by rugby scores every week, who does this really benefit???

Incidentedly ECPL do u know the reasons why they weren't placed in the Premier?

Plymouth Parkway would have liked to play in the Premier League, but the league decided on this decision at committee level and not at the AGM. The same goes really for Elburton Villa and Plymstock. I was surprised that no clubs were invited to replace Tamarside after there withdrawal. Personally, I think it is a great idea that clubs from the Plymouth area should be given the opportunity to play against cornish teams. They also have better pitches etc. Good luck to all teams this season irrespective of what division they are in. Plymouth Parkway are beatable, the test will come when they play Bodmin in the cup

Plymouth Parkway would have liked to play in the Premier League, but the league decided on this decision at committee level and not at the AGM. The same goes really for Elburton Villa and Plymstock. I was surprised that no clubs were invited to replace Tamarside after there withdrawal. Personally, I think it is a great idea that clubs from the Plymouth area should be given the opportunity to play against cornish teams. They also have better pitches etc. Good luck to all teams this season irrespective of what division they are in. Plymouth Parkway are beatable, the test will come when they play Bodmin in the cup

I agree with everything you say...except on the Bodmin front...although im sure it will be a test as they are a Premier Division outfit...every game this season will be a test, we (PARKWAY) are going in to the unknown every game with the exception of Elburton and Plymstock we dont know what the teams are about.

Guest ajlongcallington

Regarding where Plymouth Parkway, Elburton Villa etc went on joining the ECPL - I understand it comes down to the FA edict regarding promotion and relegation, and also the league rules - new clubs joining a league have to start in the bottom division and then go up the pyramid system through promotion - irrespective of which league they are joining from. The same things happen in the Duchy League where new teams, however strong they are, have to start at the bottom and work their way up - St Stephens Borough are a good example of that - and they have raced through the Duchy ladder.

Oh Pidgeon where have you been when this was discussed at length The name East Cornwall Premier League is just that a name. I am looking at my copy of the 2003-4 hanbook and in it - it quite clearly says 'THE AREA COVERED BY THE COMPETITIION shall be CORNWALL & DEVON. Note the word DEVON.

I think the name should be changed to the East Cornwall & West Devon League which would truly reflect the leagues membership. At the moment I think there are 7 Devon clubs out of the 31 membership.