Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey 0v2 Hamworthy.

St Blazey will be kicking themselves with this result as on another day it could have been them in the next round. In awful weather St Blazey made the 1st real chance as the ball was cut back for Dominic Richardson and his effort was cleared off the line. Only minutes later Hamworthy took the lead when a goalkeeping fumble left the loose ball to be smashed home. There wasnt alot between the teams but the goal steadied Hamworthy and it took a while for St Blazey to get going again. But once they did they looked strong and had the ball in the net but the ref rulled it out for a push on the goalkeeper.

In the second half St Blazey continued to create chances and went so close with Richardson missing a header from 4 yards, another low drive well saved and another chance going just over. Hamworthy then had a big slice of luck as a cross from the right went over the keeper and into the net to the delight of their 30 travelling fans.

St Blazey now concentrate on the league and a home match against Elburton on saturday. With Parkway having a shocker at Cullumpton, it could be an intresting season. :drink:

Guest ADAM AT BLAZEY

The lads played quite well but i think hamworthy's class showed. Keep up the good work lads at blaise park against Elburton on saturday.

Guest MAGIC FANS 87

I think i was just another one of those days to be honest! ah well theres always next year!! fair play to hamworthy, a good support, and a nice bunch of people! best of luck for the season to them.

As for us, if we play like we know we can we'll have the points on the board! And you know were all 100% behind you all. COME ON BLAZEY! :c: