Cornwall Football Forum

Combination result 16/8

Portreath 4 Ludgvan 0 h/t 2-0

A 26th minute goal by Brett Wasden when he touched in a long free-kick was added to in the 39th minute when Alan Buckley headed down for Matt Drake to fire in from close range.Buckley also struck a post.

In the 52nd minute,Buckley reacted quickest to fire in from 10 yards after the ball rebounded from the crossbar with goalkeeper Graham Gilbert well beaten and he added his second goal of the game in the last minute,picking up a loose ball inside the box and firing into the net off the near post.

Headcount was about 20 hardy souls but some came and went again as the rain increased in the first half whilst others sheltered in the dugouts.

Wendron Utd 4 - 3 Holmans

Wendron scorers; P Murray (2), OG, M Roberts

Well fought game in tough conditions. Good win for Wendron, well deserved. Many more to come lets hope!

Up the 'Dron!

well done portreath. Any idea on the line ups

portreath 4-4-2

a williams

j reynolds j salmon b wasden a wilce

r press d allen m drake a johns

c salmon a buckley

subs all used a nuciforo t blaber a mathews

sorry cant tell you the names of the ludgvan boys . good start for new manager del allen

Scorers for Perranwell 4-2 St Ives game (I think)

Perranwell

Timothy Wilson (TJ)

Jakey

Stevie Brewer

Mikey Brewer

St Ives

Darren Steadman (Possibly 2)

Crowd count - 30 (est) Good turn out on a wet day.

Good performance from Referee even though he apparently tore a calf muscle.

Heard that Perranporth beat Penryn 4-1.

Ooops maybe I didn't get the scorers quite right.

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston scorers;

Duane 2

Terry Rowe (could of had 4 but mitch was on form)

Croud 40(est)

Early doors but 3pts none the less :clapper:

St Agnes 2

Mullion 0

Mullion: Chris ??, B Tremaine, C Matthews, D Higgins, D Cheetham, C Ensink (C Cheetham), C Lawrence (L Cattran), W Duke, D Meagor, D Stidwell, B Stidwell.

Mullion's oldest outfield player was 21 with two 16 years-old coming off the bench.

Fair play to St Agnes they had a game plan and stuck to it, put Mullion completely out of their stride.

Has anyone got any rough headcounts for these matches. How many poor souls stood in the rain or watched the match from the luxury of the clubhouse :drink:

If you don't know the goal scorers I can get them from the papers but it would be great to know how many people watch the Combo every week.

CTB

From my position huddled in the dugout I would have said there were 60-70 people at Penryn today CTB but I could be wrong.

Perran scorers were: Rowsen (pen), Trevaskis, Andrew, Gosling.

A great game from the whole team & brilliant to see Butch back between the sticks. Many thanks to Penryn AFC for observing a minutes silence before the game in memory of Butch's dad and also Maureen Lindley, wife of our Fixtures Secretary Ray Lindley, who sadly passed away this week.

What do you mean follower that St Agnes had a ame plan? The only plan we had was to get off the mark with 3 points! Good battle today and you will cause a lot of teams problems this year if you play like that every week.

Good Luck for rest of the season.

Guest mariner

PERRANPORTH where dire for 60 mins and especially when penryn went 1 up resorting to long balls up top not the football the spectators were expecting to see after all the hype not impressed And so they should win against a weak penryn side it costs enough to put that side out

Mariner.The hallmarks of a decent side is not to play well and still win.

Perranporth will take that display and result week in,week out.

Got a lot of friends at Perranporth.

So good luck Gossy and the lads for the rest of the season.

Hope to drop in see and some games when Im in those neck of the woods.

Just need the following before I can update the site.

Christian name of the Perranporth scorer Rowson

"Rusty" Rowsen's christian name is Steve.

Mariner you are quite right, we were pretty dire for the first half and our performance was not helped by the attrocious wind and rain during which we unfortunately allowed you to score a soft goal. However, after a reassuring half-time chat from Rusty and Gossie our lads calmed down their over-excitement and te weather cheered up. I think you will agree you saw a different standard of football after that, patrticularly from Elliot Brown and Sam Moustrides. Kayne's goal was definately the goal of the match until Gossie had to go one better and end the game witha peach of a shot from at least 25 yds out :clapper: Penryn AFC extended us excellent hospitality and we wish them the very best for the rest of the seaosn :thumbsup:

This is for Jollyman, who is in Disneyland robbing some dude wearing a big mouse outfit...

Newquay 0 - 1 Illogan

The Mount Wise pitch looked excellent given the poor weather on Saturday morning. Newquay/Illogan fixtures are always competitive affairs and this game was no different. Illogan scored a very good goal in the first half, a Craig Williams volley from the edge of the box left everyone standing as it hit the back of the net. Illogan also had a goal disallowed for offside, there weren't too many complaints from the Illogan lads and I don't think it'd be right to comment from where I was standing (at least 60 yards away!) Whelden hit a dipping volley just wide with the keeper beaten and Rabone also went close attempting to chip the 'keeper.

In my opinion Newquay just shaded the second half and deserved to get back into the game. After an uncertain start the Illogan 'keeper made a good save from Whelden to keep the score at 1-0. Josh Harris made an impact when he was moved into a striking role, he was very harshly adjudged as being offside on two occasions (I was in line with the defensive line), on one occasion he tucked the ball away at the second attempt only to find that he had been given offside.

Andy Harris picked up his token yellow card and Craig Williams was booked for trying to tug down Andy's shorts. Probably sounds worse than what it was!

It was a fairly even game but the goal was a worthy match winner. Special mention to Loby who came on as a sub and was quickly dispatched to the stands for not knowing his own name. Another special mention for Marcus Smith who returned to Mount Wise sporting the finest trucker cap this side of Nelson Mandela House.

Very sorry that 'cmmmmmmmmmon Illogan' wasn't able to play due to a nasty hand injury.

Newquay Starting Line-up (3-5-2)

Shanks, Darwent, Weller, Atkinson, J Harris, Bunt, Lawrence, A Harris, Bevan, Rabone, Whelden

Attendance: Approximately 50

Guest footys finest

Helston scorers;

Duane 2

Terry Rowe (could of had 4 but mitch was on form)

Croud 40(est)

Early doors but 3pts none the less :clapper:

yea well done to helston was a very good match but it could of been closer in the end of the first half when you seemed to switch off a bit after going 2-0 up and your goalkeeper made a very good one on one save and then saving a penalty! so could of been a close game then but also mitch played well for us and you thouroughly deserved your win dominating most of the second half! so well done guys and good luck for the season

Guest helstons utility player

yea well done to helston was a very good match but it could of been closer in the end of the first half when you seemed to switch off a bit after going 2-0 up and your goalkeeper made a very good one on one save and then saving a penalty! so could of been a close game then but also mitch played well for us and you thouroughly deserved your win dominating most of the second half! so well done guys and good luck for the season

cmonnn illogan is aaron clarke, hopefully he should be back playing within the next month! still had that whinger up front that every time he went for a challenge or touched the ball he conceded a free kick!! pitch was awesome,excellant surface!but shame about the poor COLD showers!!!

still had that whinger up front that every time he went for a challenge or touched the ball he conceded a free kick!!

Yep - I'm still playing! I think the showers were all geared up for peak-summer Newquay weather... first time the temperature has been a problem since three half-time subs used all the hot water! I hear there are plans for improvements to the changing facilities, not sure when though.

Hopefully Mount Wise will continue to look as good - a lot of effort has been put into it and the groundsman deserves plenty of credit.