Cornwall Football Forum

wed 13th pre -season Grampound v wendron

good luck to you guys also, and many thanks for coming back to the pub afterwards.

Cracking game last night. Very much enjoyed it myself, even though i am a bit sore this morning! I thought i had broken my foot at one stage in the 2nd half!

I thought the J.Woodman & Jenksy central midfield partnership (or should i say Gullit/Rijkaard) performed superbly, but even they were overshadowed by the dominance of Toms/A.Woodman at the back!

And i must say our cat of a goalie, Matt Clements was a superb addition to our duchy 4 side!

It was an excellent performance from Grampound, we had the better of the play in the first half with Mike Berry a constant threat down the right but failed to convert chances into goals, with the Wendron keeper making a couple of good saves.

Ryan Orchard opened the scoring on the hour after Jules Woodman won the ball and played it down the line a Wendron defender under pressure from Kieran Reilly played the ball across the edge of his box into the path of Orchard who delightfully chipped the keeper. After a long kick down field from Clements, Orchard should of grabbed his second but fired straight at the Wendron keeper. Minutes later another long kick from Clements was not dealt with by the Wendron back line and Orchard fired home to take his pre-season tally to 6.

Grampound defended superbly throughout and never looked like conceding with Toms and Woody (myself) giving the opposition forwards very little.

Thanks to Wendron for a game played in good spirits and good luck for the season. :thumbsup:

Grampound Reserves now look forward to entertaining Premier Sixes Reserves on Saturday managed by former Grampound Reserves manager Timothy Topham and include former Grampound player Richie James aka Red Mist. :drink: :yahoo:

Woody with a write uplike that, you'll be challenging Mr. Webb for the website write up role.

Saturday wont be a day for the weak hearted or spirited. Look forward to a nice physical game, but also a nice cold beverage afterwards!

Also it must be noted that the 4 new guys who made their pre-season debuts for Grampound also looked all like worthwhile additions to the squad, a squad of which is looking like one of the largest in the league thus far, but also is brimming with talent.

good luck to you guys also, and many thanks for coming back to the pub afterwards.

Cracking game last night. Very much enjoyed it myself, even though i am a bit sore this morning! I thought i had broken my foot at one stage in the 2nd half!

I thought the J.Woodman & Jenksy central midfield partnership (or should i say Gullit/Rijkaard) performed superbly, but even they were overshadowed by the dominance of Toms/A.Woodman at the back!

And i must say our cat of a goalie, Matt Clements was a superb addition to our duchy 4 side!

Gullit and Rijkaard?! I wouldnt really say so!

Good game but was hardly " an excellent performance"

good luck for the season