FHFL 2 - Who are the possible winners?

1st=culdrose- a few new faces, play good football, decent squad,

2nd=mawgan- always be up there, great all round team,

3rd=mawnan smith- good but not sure this season,

4th=constantine- new faces but not sure,

5th=perranporth- great chance this season if players have come down to a lower league,

6ty=porthleven rangers- will be up there but dont know about winning it,

7th=caharrack- probably an outside bet, but you never know.

this season is going to be the best div 2 scrap for a long time, all the above teams will be slogging it out all season i rekon and it will go to the wire.

Guest Samuel

Rosudgeon will push all the way this season. Anyone who played them at the start of last year will know what they are capable of. Injuries in key areas cost them dear in the latter stages of last season. 3 or 4 very good signings too.

Well I can tell you teams will have a hard time when they come to play Carharrack this season.

FHFL 2 is a tough division. As always Mawnan and Mawgan will be up there having narrowly missed out last season by one goal. Perranporth will have a good chance of going up with a first team who can drop down at times if needed.

There has been alot of talk about Constantine but everyone will have to wait and see what they produce on the pitch, might be a case of all talk no action. Lizard Argyle who have come down from FHFL 1 will want to get straight back up and they are use to the conditions down at there ground which others find difficult to play in.

But we must not discount the new comers promoted from FHFL 3 will surely bring out a few suprises.

League kicks off this Saturday with:

Carharrack AFC v Perranporth Res

Let Battle Commence

Does anyone know how perranporths appeal went tonight?????

What appeal?

I believe the appeal was not a success. :SM_carton:

The team are considering the options available.

This does mean that the side that I had intended to play for in FHFL 2 (Perranporth) are unable to field 14 members of the squad as they are classed as senior footballers still (including myself).

I am also to believe that the Duchy League Rules are not so harsh (for want of better word)!

So who knows what the next step is - last years Combo side in the Duchy 5?

Senior players from last season will have to be re-instated. Senior/junior classifications i believe take into account the previous season, and maybe some of the season before. But definately last season. anyone to have played 5 or more games at senior level in that period is classed as a senior player until re-instated as a junior, at a cost of £6 per player. Also only 2 re-instated players can play in the same junior team at same time, until they have played 5 games at junior level, then another 2 can play.

Perranporth AFC have been told that we are not allowed to reinstate our Combo team from last season into Junior football for the FHFL2. We are allowed to reinstate 2 players at a time which doesn't really help things for the match at Carharrack tomorrow. An appeal was lodged and took place last night where we were told that no exception would be made. It will therefore be our third team that play Carharrack tomorrow.

Guest geachy1

well its hardly fair on all the other hard working teams in div 2

if a team play a complete combo standard team.

most teams will end up losing heavily were the enjoyment in that.

And the teams in the Duchy 5 will be happier losing to them geachy1? I don't think so.

Understood Geachy,

However as a team we wanted to stay together and Div 2 was the next level that had a Perranporth side.

No longer an issue now though after the appeal was unsuccessful - i'm sure the guys that play for Perran on sat will do us proud, good luck lads! :D

Guest geachy1

And the teams in the Duchy 5 will be happier losing to them geachy1? I don't think so.

well that would be worse woudnt it ronin.

goes with out saying

Its called swings and roundabouts. Did,nt Perranporth snatch the league from St Day with the help of Mr Gosling dropping down from a very successful St Blazey and County side, this promoting perran to combo. Before people say 1 player does,nt make a team, try adding a player of this calibre to an already very good side.

Surprised that the whole of last years Perranporth combo team would want to play FHL2.

Have they all been dropped from the current combo team by the influx of new players?

As someone not connected and I have to say not knowing the full reasons why, my first reaction is to think its lacks a bit of ambition on their behalf individually.

I think the league have made the right decision. (They should always stick to their rules- same for everyone)

Dont like to see players not being able to play, but they can play senior football if they are good enough.

Good luck to all the teams in FHL2 this season - including perranporth!!

Yes, at Perranporth we have managed to keep the side together and although most if not all could have gone to other Combo clubs I think its a credit we stayed together, we had hoped for a successful season with the players in the FHFL Div2 with the hope of promotion and next year promotion again from FHFL Div1 to Combo (providing the current Combo side got promoted).

Alot of hard work but we had hoped to give it a shot, the leagues ruling and unsuccessful appeal may have knoocked us back a season.

Instead we played Sticker in the Duchy 5.

tellithowitis, to suggest that its lack of ambition individually is complete nonsense. I think the word your looking for individually is LOYALTY, something rarely seen in Cornish football and something that we at Perran have in abundance. We'll play in the Duchy league this season and be back as a complete squad in FHFL next season as JUNIOR players :drink:

Kappa,

Yes we all like to see loyalty from players to clubs AND vica versa.

As I said dont know much about the situation except what I have read on here.

One of my questions was what has happened to cause the whole of last years combo squad to be replaced en block, have you got a complete new first team? Loyalty?

Nothing against, Perran, I'm not connected to any club.

If the club is looking to move up through the senior leagues good luck to you- but make sure you keep an eye on the budget!!

telithowitis

New 1st team manager with new players, we all trained together pre-season and at least 2 of last years side did get the call to play Combo footbal this year the others stuck together and we now find ourselves playing Duchy 5. Good win Saturday 9-0 at Sticker.

Looking forward to an ejoyable season and some bus trips to north cornwall. :drink:

Follower, the answer to your question regarding relegated combo teams I think is as follows. The players registered for the team that was relegated ALL become junior players IF they continue to play for the relegated team. If they move clubs they have to get reinstated. I got this from a good source but I would check if anyone is in this position Hope this helps.

Good luck to you Perran should be quite interesting in the Junior cup will you be able to put 2teams in?? one in the e and one in the w??? ....well good to see your moving forward all the best to you we had some cracking battles in fhl2 with you over the last few seasons...when your full team TURNED up!!good luck Rob and lads in FHL2...