Cornwall Football Forum

St Agnes 2nd team 0 Newquay Combo Team 3

Two very young sides produced a thoroughly entertaining game. A very even first half although Newquay created the better chances but couldn't finish them off. Newquay took control in the 2nd half with the Aggie breeze behind them and two good goals from their talisman Luke Weldhen and a goal from strike partner Mike Rabone ensured a fine victory for the visiting Peppermints. For Newquay young Tommy Taylor was again outstanding but all contributed to a fine team effort. Thanks to Darren, Martyn and all at Aggie for their hospitality and sorry we were a bit late in arriving. Best of luck for the season.

Its pretty sickening when you're playing alongside someone who's 15 years your junior!

It's ok St Darren, Jollyman has to do it every week nowadays...! It's good to see plenty of talented lads coming through in both sides. Thanks for making us welcome and thanks for a good game. It would have been a more one-sided affair if I could actually find those shooting boots that have evaded my for the last 8 years!

I hope you all have a great season at St Agnes...

Cheers.

We had 7 of last years' under 18s on show so I could afford to pipe smoke with my slippers on at the heart of a back 3 ! Always someone fast and full of running to sweep up after my Pele-esque errors ! Myself and Matt Darwent helped keeped the average age of the team respectable !

It was a good game.

Tom Lyme and Joff Bunt also deserve mentions for very good displays for Newquay.