Cornwall Football Forum

Official Launch of 2008-09 Prediction SWPL Football League and 1st match Mon 11th Aug 2008

OFFICIAL LAUNCH OF 2008-09 PREDICTION LEAGUE

ALL EARLIER MATCHES BEFORE 11TH AUGUST NIL AND VOID.

In order for fairness to all participants in the South Western Peninsula Prediction League 2008-09, the following 'rules' will be applied.

Throughout the season, there will be over 400 matches which involve SWPL teams (cups and league). There is approximately 230 matches in the first half of the season, and probably slightly less, say 200 in the first part of the new year.

I intend to run the league in two halves - up to December 31st and from 1st January to the end of the season. This will allow for in effect, 2 competitions.

SWPL Prediction League Rules 2008-09

All players must predict at least 80% of matches in either half of the season. (ie 160 from 200 games)

Players must predict at least once during the week. Failure to do so will incur a 'yellow card' :SM_carton_y: which will result in a 2 point penalty deduction.

Failure to predict during a 2 week period will result in a 'Red card' :SM_carton: which will incur a 5 point penalty points deduction.

If a player has a legitimate reason not to be able to make a prediction, then 'Kernowman' or his substitute, will consider each case on its own merit.

Predictions can be made up to 90 minutes before kick-off, the post will then be closed.

I hope to be able to get most matches posted in time, but matches will get postponed or rearranged throughout the season, so I would like some assistance in that department.

Without further ado, Monday prediction is as follows:

Mon 11th August Newton Abbot Spurs V Buckland Athletic - Home

KO 1830

In order to 'help' you, the results from the first 9 matches are:

Buckland Athletic 1 Dartmouth 2

Bodmin Town 4 Holsworthy 0

Clyst Rovers 6 Launceston 2

Cullompton Rangers 7 Tavistock 1

Falmouth Town 1 Plymouth Parkway 6

Liskeard Athletic 3 Newton Abbot Spurs 2

Saltash United 2 Wadebridge Town 2

Torpoint Athletic 1 Witheridge 1

Newton Abbot 1 - St Blazey 2

The rest of the week's matches are made in other posts.

NAS v Buckland - Away

Dartmouth V NAS- Home

Buckland V Holsworthy - Home

Elburton V Clyst - Away

Newton Abbot V Torpoint - Away

Witheridge V Ivybridge - Home

Cullompton V Parkway - Away

Sorry if im to late. Complety forgot abou the football tonight as I had a pool match. We were 6-2 down and came back to win 8-7 so lovin tonight!! The new prediction set up looks good. Heres to another good season. :drink: