Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Plymouth Parkway

Parkway have a good record against Falmouth of late winning 6 out of 7 League and Cup games during the last three seasons.

They must be looking to improve on that record at Bickland in the opening SWPL (P) fixture 3pm K/O.with what looks like another impressive lineup with a strong Liskeard connection.

The match will see an early return to Bickland for Matt and Aaron Cussack but Jamie Morrison-Hill another of last seasons Town players is not shown in their squad.

It will also be a welcome return of Parkway manager Dave Leonard who joined Falmouth in 1988-89 under the guidance of Dave Wadd who signed him up from Oak Villa.

Making 55 appearances he left during the following season to Saltash United in the Western League.

Guest Postie Pidge

This was the state of the pitch after the game

0-1 - 15m Matt Hawke

0-2 - 45m Paul Baker

0-3 - 70m John Heveran

0-4 - 80m Lewis Young

0-5 - 81m Sam Matthews

0-6 - 86m Sam Matthews

1-6 - 94m Andy Bowker (pen)

Guest Dermot

Newquays pitch took a bit of a battering today,rained all game and an almighty downpour just before halftime,fair few watching as well. :clapper:

Newquay 2nds 0 Foxhole 4. H/T 0.1

Guest rower

It was certainly a wet game, although it seemed heavier after the match, when Bickland Water Road partially flooded outside the car park.

The pitch did look a state during the match.

I thought Lewis Young had 2 goals? I could be wrong.

Guest Postie Pidge

Mike yes you are right, although Liskeard won 5-0 at Bickland about 5 seasons ago.

Please correct me on the goals - it got too much!

As Lenny said after the match, you don't show your cards too early.

After the match, the aptly-named Bickland Water Road was flooded outside the car park, luckily on the Maenporth side, so managed to get out ok, but not sure if it was the rain affecting my vision, but I swear I saw a tank coming from Maenporth through the partially flooded road with headlights and an orange beacon on towards Hillhead roundabout.