Cornwall Football Forum

First league result of 2008-09

Buckland 1, Dartmouth 2

All the goals from penalties, put away by three different players!

Buckland's No. 9 Tom Sercombe gave the home side the lead, but by the interval it was all-square with Simon Lewcock equalising from a penalty which referee Larry Cousins never saw, despite being better placed than his assistant who flagged for it!

The visitors then secured the three points with the third spot-kick of the game. This time the ref never hesitated in awarding the penalty, although for many of the crowd it looked a good tackle. It also led to the first red card of the season - Buckland's right-back.

The penalty was interesting, as Sam Churchill stepped up to take it, he dummied, the goally committed himself diving to his left, but by the time Churchill stroked the ball towards an empty net, there must have been about ten players inside the box!

Let's hope the season has so many incidents and talking points as this one. Have to say though Dartmouth deserved to win - a little more to offer in midfield and upfront.

Here's to Falmouth v Parkway tomorrow :D

Guest Roger

Sounds a very interesting game the officials are off to a good start I see. I guess its early season for them too.

Are you reporting the Falmouth game tomorrow Dave. I might pay a visit weather depending of course

Friday August 8th 7-30pm The first Floodlit league game at Homers Heath

SWPL(P) Buckland Athletic 1 Dartmouth 2 attendance 197

since drawing 1-1with Saltash 5/4/08, Buckland have now recorded 8 consecutive defeats-this is a SWPL Premier (unwanted) record.

Last season Buckland A.5 Dartmouth 0 att.184

Are you reporting the Falmouth game tomorrow Dave. I might pay a visit weather depending of course

No one to report to! .... I've stepped down from BBC Radio Cornwall if that's what you mean. To be honest, if I was you, I would go along to the game irrespective of the weather.

:D