Cornwall Football Forum

Steve Murphy

Guest MR A

Former Vospers , has signed for millbrook and will captain the side

i heard tonight from one of the players he turned down the chance to join former manager leigh cooper at liskeard in favor of millbrook.

does anyone know anything about him ??? is he any good ?????

• 5 weeks later...

Well done Gary, yet again you have contributed a valuable input to a thread

You seem to have some kind of axe to grind with Millbrook and to be honest your petulant immature comments just make you look a prat :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with Murphy he played alright against Vospers. In fact Millbrook didn't look bad at all.

That lofty Hussein chap is good and the young No 10 for Millbrook is a terrific player, I can see him playing at a much higher level.

I also watched the game Dave and thought both sides were poor. My mum could have played centre mid against Vospers and done ok just as you say Steve Murphy did. I will agree with you however that Joe Knight (no 10) had a good game and the lad Hussein was a handful for what looked like a very shakey back four. Not much pace but got a few tricks in his locker and good quick feet. And Steve Murphy definately hasn't got any better.

What some of you people fail to understand is that Millbrook is a group of players that are very new to each other, I think we are getting better every game we play in, it doesn’t matter that it was ''only'' vospers we beat, the 2nd and 3rd goals were of such quality I don’t think any team in the league would have dealt with them. It is going to take time for us to compete consistently with the top clubs in the league, but I believe we have a good foundation in place now and something to build on. At least now the club is moving in the right direction , where as for the last 2 years it has gone backwards.

p.s

Gary your constructive comments as always show everyone you have the mental age of a 10 year old, well done, your family must be very proud

.....and keano you're not much better yourself. To say that the club went backwards for two years is disrespectful to Mark Jones and Dave Graddon, both of whom did their very best at Millbrook, along with the committee.

I enjoyed watching games at Millbrook who have struggled by on very small crowds but always remained a friendly club run by a great bunch of people such as Murray and Steve.

At least now the club is moving in the right direction , where as for the last 2 years it has gone backwards.

p.s

Gary your constructive comments as always show everyone you have the mental age of a 10 year old, well done, your family must be very proud

The committee at Millbrook deserve respect for keeping the club playing at the level it has for many years with very few supporters.

You have hardly endeared yourelf to many people in your first few weeks in senior management, and could perhaps learn a few lessons from those who gave you the chance.

Guest thebigfella

Dane. Be careful what you put in print my friend. You've won ONE game against a VERY poor Vospers side and, all of a sudden, the club is moving forwards? Steady on fella!!

You have a young and generally inexperienced side there, but you also have alot of players that, even with a period of 'settling in' are simply not good enough for this league. Some have tried their hand at this level time and time again but have never been up to the task (the Cole brothers spring to mind). Others have even struggled to hold down places in ECPL and P&D sides over recent seasons.

I think what you have is a generally honest group of players, but nothing more. To make a rash statement that the club is "moving forward" after just one win is somewhat premature to say the least.

Having seen a number of the sides in that Division already this season, I have to say that yourselves, Vospers and Mousehole are among the poorest, by a long way. If you finish outside the bottom three this season, I'll eat my hat sir! And, I'm sorry but I would not consider that as 'moving forward'.

I wish you luck, but your are showing your inexperience and niavity at this level merely by some of the comments you make on here. My advice would be post 'information' rather than 'opinion' or 'prediction' as the the latter tend to come back and bite you on the ass.

As for Steve Murphy. I happen to think he's a decent player at this level, nothing more. Definately needs a haircut though!!!

Guest heavy_kev

I think Millbrook will push on after winning against vospers and will comfortably finish mid table. Their are a lot of over rated teams in their division and on their day they could come away with a point or three. A quality centre back would make a huge difference to their side as would a couple of out and out wingers. Ive watched them a few times and thinks they have some good young talent, particularly in their striker Joe Knight and their full backs, whose names im not to sure of. Dan Pencollins is also a quality keeper.

Steve Murphy is a very good leader and deserves the captaincy in my eyes.

I enjoyed my season at Millbrook last season with Mark Jones and Dave Graddon. We never quite clicked as a team but I think it is very disrespectful and immature of the new regime to have a go at the previous team and indirectly the club who have given a chance to manage. The club last year had some issues but also had some very good players. Good luck to the new team but they need to remember their place in the pecking order in the league system. A lot of people have not got many good things to say abut the club and a bit of good PR wouldn't go a miss instead of further isolation with petulant comments about proud mums!!!!!

hello im new to the forum and find some of the topics quite interesting whether people are right or wrong they are entitled to there opinion. I dont know this steve murphy personally so cant give a honest fact about him, I do however feel people are out of order to write such coments about a person who is going out todo the best he can in a sport he enjoys ( if you who choose to slate him and have children how would you feel to read something about them or your self) ive played in good sides and bad sides through the years and dealt with people who didnt rate me as a keeper but i stuck at it for the love of the game not because idiots were going to drive me away.How good were you personaly to be able to critisise some bodyelse,if steve reads this i hope he takes heart from it cos i beleive there are too many people who follow the so called big clubs (when they are winning) and dont realise without the likes of steve (who may only play for a small club) that you wont have a league to follow as you will drive players away,which then has a knock on effect throughout as clubs fold and the league becomes a joke.