Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Champions

Having read several posts regarding Troon FC having aspirations to return to senior football in the Combination League-I presume they would have to become champions of the ML and follow in the footsteps of Portreath.

Are there any other Mining League clubs which have the ambition and facilities to offer a challenge?

It would be good for the Camborne/Redruth area (Cornwalls most populated 39,937 in 2001) to get another Senior club to join Illogan RBL , Holman SC and now Portreath.

Go for it Troon and get back where you belong.

Guest geachy1

didnt troon use to be in combo.

i thought that 2nd place is good enough for promotion as well.

were did troon finish last season.

i think trevenson and threemilestone will be strong competitors for troon

Yes Troon were in the Combination League for 7 seasons 1994-2001

Troon finished 3rd last season in the ML.

I have a feeling you may have to be Champions to qualify as it has to tie up with the Fal/Hel League who may also have a candidate for promotion.

The quicker these two Leagues amalgamate the better as in the East where I think 3 leagues joined to form the Duchy League.

Edited- The Duchy League was formed in 1965 almalgamating the District Leagues of Bodmin,Liskeard and St.Austell.

mike i dont think you do have to be champions . we at portreath were told last year that if you finish in the top three of either league and your paperwork is correct and your facilities are up to standard you can apply . but only one team from each league can be promoted. another point as someone mentioned troon use to be a senior side not long ago but gave up their senior status so would the powers that be welcome them back.

i believe storm are looking for promotion maybe fatso can confirm that . i agree trevenson and threemilestone will challenge for the league but surely with their current pitches and facilities they could not qualify for combo

I have to say i played a game at storm last sunday and they have a fantastic pitch it was pi**ing down but the pitch was great, yeah the changing rooms need a lick of paint but that no prob! They have the players fatso being one of them, i would make them slight front runners for mining 1 but troon, trevenson & TMS will be there too! :thumbsup:

Guest geachy1

mike i dont think you do have to be champions . we at portreath were told last year that if you finish in the top three of either league and your paperwork is correct and your facilities are up to standard you can apply . but only one team from each league can be promoted. another point as someone mentioned troon use to be a senior side not long ago but gave up their senior status so would the powers that be welcome them back.

i believe storm are looking for promotion maybe fatso can confirm that . i agree trevenson and threemilestone will challenge for the league but surely with their current pitches and facilities they could not qualify for combo

threemilestone facilites wudnt pass think you actauly got to be able to fit a team in the changing rooms

Storm would love to get promoted, and start work on improving the already good facilties in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

However, teams can get ahead of themselves, and we just want to concentrate on wining our first few games and go from there.

As for the pitch, we have had 4 games played on it in the last 2 weeks and it's holding up very well considering the weather. Not sure why other teams are using it though? No offence to these teams but our pitch should be for our use... how much did you pay? My guess..... £0 haha

The pitch is leased by Storm FC via myself as guarantuer, I was not made aware of anyone being given permission to use the pitch and was on the warpath, only to find out our 1st team manager had given permission for the pitch to be used and not told anybody.

Communication its a wonderful thing!!

[

threemilestone facilites wudnt pass think you actauly got to be able to fit a team in the changing rooms

very true :lol:

but we are now sorting out the plans for the new changing rooms,need abit of cash though......mr heaney if you are reading,do your bit for cornish football :clapper: :clapper:

[

very true :lol:

but we are now sorting out the plans for the new changing rooms,need abit of cash though......mr heaney if you are reading,do your bit for cornish football :clapper::clapper:

Now now buddy, you know full well that ONLY Truro City are allowed to do their bit for Cornish football. The rest of us are merely here to make up the numbers. ;)

Guest postman pat

fatso please get your facts right before you run down other clubs.i played on your pitch last week for royal mail against titans. ask mark millar about donations to your club because titans definately paid their way and we only played 30mins each half as roger suggested :SM_carton:

how are you planning on raising the money.

any ideas?

tms no9, you could do a sponsored head shave. You'd be up for that wouldn't you mate? ;)

not a chance....taking it you havre seen my locks :clapper::clapper:

very funny :lol:

as me and my mate are chief fundraisers we will be doing several different thigs threw out the hole season

starting with a bike ride from tms football pitch to sennen football pitch as that is the futhest pitch away from us in are league i belive

half the money raised will go towards pete frisby who had a horrific car crash over christmas and broke every bone in his body and may be blind for life unless givin the chance to go to america for eye sergury which will cost £16 000 i belive

anyone interested in sponsership please pm me :clapper::clapper:

thank you :thumbsup:

Having read several posts regarding Troon FC having aspirations to return to senior football in the Combination League-I presume they would have to become champions of the ML and follow in the footsteps of Portreath.

Are there any other Mining League clubs which have the ambition and facilities to offer a challenge?

It would be good for the Camborne/Redruth area (Cornwalls most populated 39,937 in 2001) to get another Senior club to join Illogan RBL , Holman SC and now Portreath.

Go for it Troon and get back where you belong.

Troon have a very strong squad for the coming season, with the additions of Jaime Marles and Shane Richards as well as Anthony Reynolds assisting Matt Harris, and greatly improved facilities they are in a good position to return to senior football!

I did also hear they had signed Brett Wasden :unsure:

fatso please get your facts right before you run down other clubs.i played on your pitch last week for royal mail against titans. ask mark millar about donations to your club because titans definately paid their way and we only played 30mins each half as roger suggested :SM_carton:

Who said anything about facts? I said 'My Guess!'

First red card of my career.... good times