Cornwall Football Forum

Bere Alston United v Millbrook tonight is off.

Despite the sunshine this morning , pitch is very soft underfoot and with more rain forecast, we want to protect it for game against Plymouth Argyle XI on Saturday (9th Aug - k.o. 3pm).

Millbrook understandably not happy, but we have a lot more riding on making sure things are right for the weekend.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Bere Alston United v Millbrook tonight is off.

Despite the sunshine this morning , pitch is very soft underfoot and with more rain forecast, we want to protect it for game against Plymouth Argyle XI on Saturday (9th Aug - k.o. 3pm).

Millbrook understandably not happy, but we have a lot more riding on making sure things are right for the weekend.

Millbrook not happy???? Ha ha that's rich!!! At least you told them!!!!!

they re-scheduled against parkway last night (millbrook) then the game was called off but the parkway players onlyu found out through millbrook players aparently :lol:

This is true, we were due to play Saltash 2nds at Millbay Park but it was cancelled as 1, Millbay is not ready yet according to the people who own it, and 2, Bolitho was not available due to a game played on it the night previous by are first team!!

Myself, and a team mate had arranged the fixture with Dane Bunney who said it would be fine...a Kick off time was confirmed and we were to assume that if we heard nothing from him that the game was on!!

Players who play for Millbrook some of which i happen to be good friends with informed team mates of mine and myself that the game was off!!Although Dane never actually rang me or the other guy to confirm this!!

Considering what happen with the Millbrook vs Torpoint saga you would have thought that he would have had the decency to let us know personally rather than us finding out through his players!!

Disgrace!!!

Guest Roger

I find it rather strange that Plymouth Argyle have arranged a friendly to be played on the same day their new season kicks off. I doubt any Pros will be involved as most will be involved in the 1st team game and those not will be watching from the stands. The XI will include no youth team players either as they have a game at Aston Villa. I wonder who will fill the fixture, maybe the under 16s? or the intermediates

I am well aware that Argyle kick off their Championship campaign on Saturday and that their U18's are also playing up at Aston Villa on Saturday lunchtime..

I have already been given a team sheet fom Gordon Bennett / Allan Evans and they have also since spoken with our secretary to ask if it okay to include some 1st year pro's and they will be managing the squad on the afternoon

Argyle's squad on Saturday will include Youth team players not involved at Aston Villa, Apprentices too old for U18's, one or two 1st year pro's who will not be at Home Park on Saturday and yes some U17's and U16's (hell even their U16's will give us a chasing)

For a club of Bere Alston's size, any squad that Argyle send will be a big occasion for us and this is the 2nd year we have managed to have this fixture.

Last year (despite losing 5-0) was a great day for our club and was well supported by the local community.

We are thankful to those concerned at Argyle that have once again made the fixture possible and it is something of a feather in our cap that they deem us worthy of such a fixture, regardless of who plays.

Guest keano

This is true, we were due to play Saltash 2nds at Millbay Park but it was cancelled as 1, Millbay is not ready yet according to the people who own it, and 2, Bolitho was not available due to a game played on it the night previous by are first team!!

Myself, and a team mate had arranged the fixture with Dane Bunney who said it would be fine...a Kick off time was confirmed and we were to assume that if we heard nothing from him that the game was on!!

Players who play for Millbrook some of which i happen to be good friends with informed team mates of mine and myself that the game was off!!Although Dane never actually rang me or the other guy to confirm this!!

Considering what happen with the Millbrook vs Torpoint saga you would have thought that he would have had the decency to let us know personally rather than us finding out through his players!!

Disgrace!!!

Good effort at jumping on the band wagon !!! Our game with bere alston was called off, i arranged a game with parkway on conditions that my players hadnt already made other plans ( as there were already informed the game was off ) and a pitch was found ,

a pitch was found but i couldnt get enough players , a message was sent to dan cole and one was recived back acknowledging my orginal message which i still have , its not my problem if he then does not inform his own players.

Disgrace!!!

Good effort at jumping on the band wagon !!! Our game with bere alston was called off, i arranged a game with parkway on conditions that my players hadnt already made other plans ( as there were already informed the game was off ) and a pitch was found ,

a pitch was found but i couldnt get enough players , a message was sent to dan cole and one was recived back acknowledging my orginal message which i still have , its not my problem if he then does not inform his own players.

Keano, your own players said you couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery..so i think its you who needs to get your facts right!

Guest keano

oook , strange that !!!! funny i must have spoke to about 6 parkway players in the last 48 hours , none of them knew the others had called all trying to arrange a friendly so what kind of organisation do you call that ???

who is running the team ??? is it dan cole !!!! like i said , ask him , he was infomed every step of the way about if the game was going ahead or not , not my job to ring every parkway player thats his , simple as that.

oook , strange that !!!! funny i must have spoke to about 6 parkway players in the last 48 hours , none of them knew the others had called all trying to arrange a friendly so what kind of organisation do you call that ???

who is running the team ??? is it dan cole !!!! like i said , ask him , he was infomed every step of the way about if the game was going ahead or not , not my job to ring every parkway player thats his , simple as that.

Funny that because he wasnt actually given your number until the game was allegedly off.....it is believed Andy Harris had to phone you to confirm the rumours that the game was off....seeing as you were to be hosting the fixture then you should have been the one to call in the first instance as you said you would to Ross Avery....the night previous...so explain to me how will cole knew of it being off at around 9 in the morning and ross found out about 4 hours later?!

Oh Dan is clearly organised, as he has are respect, etc...shame i cant say the same for your players with regards to you Dane!!!

I am well aware that Argyle kick off their Championship campaign on Saturday and that their U18's are also playing up at Aston Villa on Saturday lunchtime..

I have already been given a team sheet fom Gordon Bennett / Allan Evans and they have also since spoken with our secretary to ask if it okay to include some 1st year pro's and they will be managing the squad on the afternoon

Argyle's squad on Saturday will include Youth team players not involved at Aston Villa, Apprentices too old for U18's, one or two 1st year pro's who will not be at Home Park on Saturday and yes some U17's and U16's (hell even their U16's will give us a chasing)

For a club of Bere Alston's size, any squad that Argyle send will be a big occasion for us and this is the 2nd year we have managed to have this fixture.

Last year (despite losing 5-0) was a great day for our club and was well supported by the local community.

We are thankful to those concerned at Argyle that have once again made the fixture possible and it is something of a feather in our cap that they deem us worthy of such a fixture, regardless of who plays.

Well said KT, What Bere have acheived over the last 10 years has been outstanding keep up the good work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: