Cornwall Football Forum

Whats happening at Falmouth Town?

Guest Damian Stevens

Guest Damian Stevens

After reading earlier topic i cant believe Falmouth town cant raise a side for a friendly this week , who and more importantly why have 7 players left ! i find it unbelievable ,i am not knocking anyone before the town faithfull slate me , i have played with current manager Andy Bowker and against him many times over the years and have the utmost respect for him , as an ex Falmouth town player i simply want them to do well and win trophies again . The last trophy won was back in my days back in 2001 if im correct ( Charity Cup final ) . Not good enough!

Guest Damian Stevens

im sure there are many reserve team players who would of played at a drop of a hat , looking at the squad they have at the moment any reserve team player will know they will never have a better chance to force there way into the 1st team squad and what an ideal oppurtunity this weeks friendly would of been for them!

Guest Postie Pidge

Seven players injured and this would have been the final warm up game to get any last minute tinkering sorted before the season starts.

With the weather being shitty and at the risk of depleting the squad further, it was decided to postpone the game. The Reserves have a game tonight and Bowks will be able to cast his eye over Bryn's team and see who could make the step up. It's by no means crisis time, come Saturday there will be a team who will fight for the Falmouth Town name when Parkway come to Town.

Damo, it was 2003 - the 1-0 Charity Cup win over Truro. Where are they now!!

It does seem after all the talk last season about it being a new start (and lets be honest we had a side that should have won the league by a country mile this time 12 months ago) we seem to be in a really bad way at the moment. Surely the last friendly should be the one everyone wants to play in. I can understand the game being called off because of the weather but its just not acceptable to not be able to raise a side to play for a club as big as falmouth town.

As as already been said upmost respect for Andy Bowker but it seems he has got a very difficult job. I have not been able to get to any of the Dave Gardner matches but the results would seem to give a fair indication for the season ahead. Lets hope I am wrong !

Guest Postie Pidge

Just gets boring hearing all the people moaning about Falmouth Town being in a crisis - the only crisis in the sudden crop of injuries. Yes it was an unfortunate scenario but the first league game is more important than a friendly. The weather did the pitch no favours tonight and we have an extra day to get it ready. It would be good to see all these people who are so concerned about Falmouth actually turning up to watch instead of criticising from afar

Not just turning up, but volunteering to help on match days and other days. Before people start to moan, they should remember the words (slightly changed) of the late John F. Kennedy - "Ask not what Falmouth Town can do for me, but what can I do for Falmouth Town". If there is anyone willing to lend a hand then we, the committee, would be grateful for any help whatsoever. Until you get really involved, you just don't realise just how much work it takes to put a team out on the pitch. There are many little jobs that need to be done, i.e. help in the canteen, repair the pitch, cut down the bracken behind the stands so that we can retrieve lost balls etc. If YOU are willing to help, then please make yourself known to any member of the committee. Your help will be much appreciated.

On another point, for a few years, some have been moaning about few, if none, local players. Now there are some, but not as many as we would have liked due to their own personal reasons, people are moaning about Town having no chance this season. Well, give Bowks a chance. His job is not an easy one, so let us wait and see how we are doing after a few months. Sure he may have to adjust the squad a bit as time goes on, but would you have sacked Sir Alex Ferguson before the start of his first season in charge??? Think of all the trophies that would not be sitting in the cabinet at Old Trafford, eh? Just have a little patience, we aer all on a steep learning curve. Up the Town!

There are many little jobs that need to be done, i.e. help in the canteen, repair the pitch, cut down the bracken behind the stands so that we can retrieve lost balls etc. If YOU are willing to help, then please make yourself known to any member of the committee. Your help will be much appreciated.

Spot on Quiet man - it doesn't matter where are loyalties lie because every club needs the 'back room' staff to keep clubs going. You are right a lot of players do not realize and indeed spectators as well, the amount of work that volunteers do at every football club. As I often say, you can always get 11 players to turn up - the others are the important people in the club. :D

You are right in what you say quiet man.

There is not a lot of loyalty from the majority of players who will move at the drop of a hat for money or other reasons.

We have all heard players moan about the state of the pitch or the mistakes made by club linesmen who give up their time for the benefit of the players.

As long as they get to play football there is very little thought given to the backroom members who put in hours of work to ensure that they can just turn up to play and then swan off to have a drink with their mates.

I am certain that there must be numerous jobs that need doing for twelve months of the year so if you think it is easy why not spend some time at your local club and you will surely have your eyes opened.

I will be just turning up tomorrow to watch FTFC, just because a number of FTFC supporters dont have time to do work behind the scenes it does not mean we dont care about the club, i think every FTFC supporter has a right to an opinion about the club they love.

UP THE TOWN!!!

Have only expressed and opinion from a supporteres point of view. I have never said that running a club isnt hard work. Would love to have the time to help run the club but it's hard enough just getting to the games at the moment. Only want to see some success again as does everyone. Missed the game yesterday but will be at the next one i can make.

I will be just turning up tomorrow to watch FTFC, just because a number of FTFC supporters dont have time to do work behind the scenes it does not mean we dont care about the club, i think every FTFC supporter has a right to an opinion about the club they love.

Each and everyone of us has other responsibilities you know ! Jobs, families and the like and the phrase 'many hands make light work ' could not be truer ! Quiet man hit the nail on the head in all that he said. Gratitude should be given to the teams this season who have adopted the attitude 'help those who help you'. The respect they have for the work done in order for them to play their football is apparant. The changing rooms are left in a managable state and the task of cleaning them has been made so much easier because of conscientious players.

Thanks boys ! It means a lot !