Cornwall Football Forum

Guest blue203

Enjoyed the game at the Lizard today and the same at Troon last week but why is it so important that managers have to point out that they have five players out or even seven players out as claimed by one of the teams, We had players out today but i'd find it a bit embarasing if that was the only positive I had from the game.

Yes,blue203,it was an entertaining game with some good goals by both teams.

I was only pointing out that Chacewater had key players missing,so did Mullion i understand,but we gained a lot of positives in the way that the players performed,especially the ones who filled in at short notice.

The performance and fitness are the things that matter most from pre-season friendlies like this one and with that in mind i have to say it was a fruitful afternoon.

Porthleven res 12 - 0 Porthleven Rangers. (8-0 half time) morley 4, phil black 3, a collick 2, Paddy 1, Tom woddy 1, Nick perry 1. Good run out, forget the result it was all about the fitness! Boy didi I feel unfit in the heat! Chin up rangers the result doesnt mean anything as it was your 1st game and for most the 1st run out.

Mullion 5 - Dan Stidwell (3), Chris Lawrence, Darren Meagor (pen)

Chacewater 5

Credit to Lizard for hosting our game. Would of been better at Mullion which would of suited Mullion passing style, but with the grass being so long it was difficult to play football which suited Chacewater as they had the aerial advantage.

Scott Toy broke his collarbone which is a big blow to Mullion.

Guest Spenny

Hey, i guess i could be the worst, slowest,,, whatever,,,, player to win three titles in four years!!!

Not bad, even though in truth the other ten players win it for me but who cares!