Cornwall Football Forum

GOONHAVERN VS THREEMILSTONE

Guest Luffy

Guest Luffy

GOONHAVERN 1 (0) VS (0) 0 THREEMILESTONE RES

A good competitve match played on a really difficult pitch, both teams gave a good account of themselves, with the homeside scoring with the last kick of the game to secure a win. Both sides had chances although TMS had several clear cut openings that they did not take which could have seen a different score line at the end.

Goonhavern fielded the majority of their SWPL players and a few second team players. Threemilestone fielded reserve team players apart from 3 first team lads who turned out for the reserve team.

Must thank John for fielding such a strong side against my lads, I hope all at Goonhavern have a successful year and that everything works out for the club.

Well done to all the players who took part for TMS, it was a good work out, and it shows we are heading in the right direction.

Next match for the Reserves away to Premier Sixes, which I now understand is their second team, Saturday 2nd August 2008.

Guest Ronin

Goonhavern fielded the majority of their SWPL players and a few second team players.

And they only won 1-0?? I wouldn't be happy if I was John <_<

luffy was only 2 first teamers i belive :clapper:

we were very unfortunate , mark mitchell miss from two yards and an open goal some how blazed it over

o well we did well and didnt deserve to lose at all

a good game played mostly in good spirits , a shame that the cricket club are possibly the biggest bunch of ...... (sorry for that) :SM_carton:

Guest Luffy

chris b will be a second teamer you wait and see :clapper:

Not sure on that Patty reckon he will play at the back for the firsts. If he is a second teamer then it will certainly enhance the team

a good game played mostly in good spirits , a shame that the cricket club are possibly the biggest bunch of ...... (sorry for that) :SM_carton:

Tms no9, please do not spout rubbish about issues that you clearly know very little about.

I take it that you have been told stories by members of Goonhavern AFC, in fact I would like you to tell me what these are. Maybe I can tell you the other side of the story.

The problem I have with Goonhavern AFC (a club I played for for 3 years) is the propaganda machine coming from the club hierarchy. What is told to the general public and the players and non playing members are often half truths with important parts conveniently left out.

Tms no9, please do not spout rubbish about issues that you clearly know very little about.

I take it that you have been told stories by members of Goonhavern AFC, in fact I would like you to tell me what these are. Maybe I can tell you the other side of the story.

The problem I have with Goonhavern AFC (a club I played for for 3 years) is the propaganda machine coming from the club hierarchy. What is told to the general public and the players and non playing members are often half truths with important parts conveniently left out.

not being funny im thick say that again without all the big words lol

they parked all there cars so we couldnt leave the car park i still think they are ......

tom davies

steve helson

jason pearce

dean peters

adam stephens

matt luff

martyn jay

mark mitchell

josh turner

andrew merriefield

sam marsden

subs:

liam patterson

giles wain

chris bailey

ian jay

mike hodges

by the way how young is that team??holding are own against a swpl team :clapper: :clapper:

OK, as far as the electricity in the changing rooms goes, the situation is that Perranporth CC pays all bills (electricity, water etc) for the period 1st April to 30th September. Perranporth CC have said to Goonhavern AFC that they are welcome to use the electricity, water for showers, as long as they contribute towards the costs. Goonhavern have refused to do this. That is why there was no electricity in the changing rooms for you.

As regards to the parking, I was not there so I can not say with certainty what has happend, although I can hazard a guess. On Friday nights Perranporth CC have U11 coaching, with between 30-50 children participating every week. As you can imagine, that means alot of parents and alot of cars, and a very busy car park. The lack of parking space may have led to you being blocked in by someone who had nowhere else to leave their car. The irritating thing is that Goonhavern AFC could have seen this problem coming and instructed you to park on their own space they have behind their main pitch which they actually use for parking during the football season, but chose not to. (It could have been that they didn't even open the gate to this?) As this has happened before (I must stress not always) It does may you think that they may be doing it on purpose just to irritate the cricket club sometimes.

As for the long words in my original post, it basically means certain people high up at Goonhavern AFC possibly leave bits out of stories that they may tell you to make them look better (ie the innocent victims).

Guest Luffy

Jim,

The differences between the football club and the cricket club is unfortunate and it is a shame that both sides can not seem to be able to get on with each other. I spoke to my players regarding their comments about what happened on Thursday night and said that it was not really our place to say anything. Unfortuantely we were in the middle of whatever was going on. As to the cars blocking the car park, it was a Thursday night and there was no cricket taking place so I think that we were allowed to park in the car park for ease of access for the game.

I hope that some commonsense can come thru in this matter and both codes can come to some sort of agreement that will see both clubs go forward as one.