Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Towns Squad

Guest Cornish Football Fan

Any opinions on the Falmouth 1st team squad?? Alot of youngsters but are they good enough do you think? Player by player, think they have a good nucleaus with Beanie, Damo, morrzy and drummo but are the players around them good enough??? The likes of Frasier, Sam hunter, steven hawke, bobby bryant, whats people opinions on them??

Personally i think they are all talented, good at there own thing, but not to sure whether they are ready to step up. Frasier had a great game against Bath, and if he plays like that then i think he will do well, however int he last 3 games he hasnt done that and i think hes struggled. Sam Hunter i think is a good young lad and will improve as the season goes on. I think Steven Hawke isnt ready, needs a season or 2 in the league below maybe get himself some confidence, and Bobby Bryant is good enough, hes proved that in the last few games. Other then that with Andy Bowker back think they have some good options upfront with him drummo and glen squires. The back four that played against team bath i thought were pretty solid. Dont they have the players to play 3-5-2. Think matt moore holding will b good with Wayne Hewitt infront of him. Personally i think there going to struggle though this season. Dont really have any impact players on the bench either. Sound about right??

At Falmouth Town we have assembled a squad which has a great blend of youth and experience with more local players who can train together,grow as a unit and bring the fans back to Bickland Park. We only have 2 players left from last season(Andy Bowker and Glen Squires) or 3 if you count Wayne Hewitt who was briefly here at the start of 2007/8, so as you can see,it has been a major rebuilding job.

All credit to Bowks and Hewey who recognise that the future of the club is all about bringing on and giving young players the opportunity to step up to the mark.Without youth,any standard of football will wither and die and as we've only lost one pre season game,we're not about to fall on our swords just yet!!! Preseason friendlies do exactly what they say on the tin-they give teams the chance to assess their strengths and weaknesses with no points won or lost! I reckon that makes us still joint league leaders!!

What I don't understand though is how anyone can come on this website and openly critiscise players,match officials and organisers who are only trying to do their best for their clubs and the Cornish Game. Remember people-every player is someones son or daughter.Be nice-the season hasn't even started yet!

The final games of the Dave Gardner Trophy are at Bickland Park on Saturday 2nd of August (K.O. 2pm and 5pm)where a warm welcome awaits everyone who wants to support this most worthy charitable cause and see 2 top quality games in one afternoon!! Falmouth Town AFC are proud to be hosting this year's finals day and we hope to see you all there to celebrate the life of Dave Gardner and the cream of local soccer too.

Guest Mawnans no 9

Says alot for your skills in management James, where are you now ? No Longer a manager I believe!!

Not good enough and nether were your signings !!!

I agree with James, Falmouth will be fine. In my opinion, did people really think Andy Bowker was going to come in and put together a top team in a few months? with only himself and Glen not chasing money else where. Lets give the guy a chance. I think we have got a frontline that could compete with the best, Matt Drummond, Glen Squires and Andy Bowker. Yes i do agree there are a few players maybe who will struggle but they will be given a chance and replaced over time with better players if not good enough.

I think we have Neil Slateford to come back in to the team when fit. A young, talented player so theres a bit of promise.

I agree the initial months may be frustrating but it will come good.

Guest Mawnans no 9

james why are you so agreesive, read your private mail and think about it mate

What i was getting at st justice is his record is 1 managerial job sacked within ayear

You wouldnt of thought so Aiden would you haha. Well hes just offered me the oppurtunity to join Mawnen, however I would say he hasnt got the position/authority at Mawnen and according to a few Mawnen people hes nothing to with their club and is causing them a bit of embarressment, so I guess hes one to ignore in the future.

Ps Aiden you still on the same number? I need you to come round and do the windows, they are filthy. I know how your back likes the nice weather so hopefully your free before the end of august. cheers pal

mawnan no 9 if you are a mawnan player/ manager/ secretary/ world beater then why not strap on a pair and reveal your true identity instead of slagging off players! have you ever played alongside james? have you ever been managed by james?

Guest Postie Pidge

Regardless of who the players are, it's FALMOUTH TOWN and I'll still be there at the end of the season supporting them all the way!