Cornwall Football Forum

Tour Of Carharrack AFC - Video

As Carharrack AFC prepare for their first home friendly of the season against Threemilestone Res FC tomorrow night, we thought we would give you a quick glimpse of the preperations made on the ground today before the big match.

Wens 30/07/08

Friendly

Carharrack AFC v Threemilestone Res

18:30KO

All Welcome!

Presented By Richard Chown :c:

A CornwallFootballForum.com Exculsive

uWnRPoIX_So

Wow!

I used to play there as a kid so that brought back some memories. Pitch looks excellent. Surely the next step is to get a team capable of gaining promotion into senior football.

I am not slating the current team as I have no idea who plays for them, just seems a waste to have such good facilities going to waste.

Wow!

I used to play there as a kid so that brought back some memories. Pitch looks excellent. Surely the next step is to get a team capable of gaining promotion into senior football.

I am not slating the current team as I have no idea who plays for them, just seems a waste to have such good facilities going to waste.

dave i dont know if your old enough to remember but carharrack for many seasons had a team good enough for senior football but the closed shop wouldnt vote them in thankfully that does not happen anymore but its still a shame for carharrack . a junior football side with a senior set up

LOVED the video! 'Course, Carharrack WAS a senior side in the 70s. Won the Combo title in, what, 72/3? Then there was a backroom bust-up and I was invited to manage the side just because I coached football at Redruth Grammar School at the time. No local knowledge, but mainly thanks to Phil Bray (I hope my memory isn't letting me down here!) a side was cobbled together that staved off re-election. Phil Bray in goal, Jeff Burley at the back with Trevor Burrows and Billy Chown (!), Gerry Gimson in midfield, Roy Davey played, so did his brother: too many to name: too many just faces in my memory! We played in the sheep-field at the other end of the village. The old prefab that provided the changing rooms is still just about visible now. The following season the club was duped into handing management over to someone who turned out to be a complete turnip and not long after that it slipped out of senior football. When I visited Ting Tang for the first time I was SO impressed but I'm sure I was told that the dimensions of the pitch or dressing rooms precluded senior football? I hope I'm wrong. I did a match report from there for Radio Cornwall (fancy that: a JUNIOR game! Tut! Tut!) and I think it must be one of the nicest grounds around in terms of location and potential.

Wow!

dave i dont know if your old enough to remember but carharrack for many seasons had a team good enough for senior football but the closed shop wouldnt vote them in thankfully that does not happen anymore but its still a shame for carharrack . a junior football side with a senior set up

Sammo, yeah I do remember.

That was the successful adult side that we used to bump into when we brought our youth team trophies back to the club to fill full of lager and what not. I remember both teams up on the tables one night singing the mavericks! Good Times!

very good times dave

i remember that day well we had just picked up the mining one trophy and you youngsters had just one a cup i think . i decided to cycle to the club that day as we all knew we would be on a session afterwards what i didnt count on was cycling back to redruth at about midnight . no lights and slaughtered that was a lesson well learnt .

have a good season mate see you around