Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay 2nds V Chacewater

Guest Dermot

Guest Dermot

I rang Derek Cherry earlier and he said 7pm as this was the only Newquay fixture we didnt confirm the KO time,but we will start when everyone is warmed up and ready,no problems. ;0) :P

Guest Peppermint

7.30pm would be ideal for some of us so that we can get back from St Agnes and see the end of the Reserves match!

Good luck to Andy Bicknell and his team for the coming season.

Guest Dermot

Newquay 1 Chacewater 3 H/T 0.0

L Whelden For Newquay. M Elliot 2 & J Bennets for Chacewater.

A couple of the Chacewater goals were well taken and they look a good bet for their respective League next season. The Chacewater defence was solid and cant see them conceding many this season.

Newquays goal was also well taken,they had a lot of youngsters in and i am sure when the Combo starts Andy will have them gelling.

Nice game to Ref. ;0) :clapper:

Well said dermot it was a good game to play in and the newquay players where a great bunch of lads and played good football in spells.

I agree they will get better and with luke up front always causing problems for defences other players will score.

Chacewaters defence playing together for the first time where resolute and quashed everything newquay threw at them leaving them to shoot from distance.

On the whole a great team performance from chacewater and good finishing from mikey and justin slotted is goal very confidently great fnish one on one with keeper.

Guest Peppermint

I was unable to get to the game at St Agnes but caught most of the Newquay v Chacewater match.

I was most impressed with the visitors who looked well organised and played some nice football.

Andy Bicknell has just taken over the Reserves and is obviously having a look at a number of players and he was missing a few last night but that takes nothing away from Chacewater who were most impressive.

The match has Dermot has stated must have been a dream to officiate and thanks once again to Dermot, Steve and Gary for officiating.

Finally good luck to Chacewater for the coming season and I will look with interest at their progress this year. Obviously a very well run Club and they will certainly be welcome back at Mount Wise at any time.

Guest Peppermint

Yes someone told me you had to leave early Soccer Follower because it would have been nice to meet. What a great bunch of players you have at Chacewater and a credit to the Club.

Regards Graham Drew

Yes,it would have been nice to put a face to the name Graham.It know your brother Tony,as we both work for the same company(!) and i played in the same team as him in his latter career.

Managed to have a quick cup of tea at the tea hut at half time before i left.

Thanks to Newquay for hosting the game,all the best for the season and maybe see you all pre-season next year.