Cornwall Football Forum

Keane,s Departure

Dossena is shit!

this is a football thread, he should not be mentioned. £8m for the only italian in the world who can't defend

So I'll take the over inflated price of £5million (£10million max) for the young British prospect that WILL end up at Man Utd or Liverpool one day, over the underinflated £8million for the Italian stallion. ;) . Just as I'd rather pay £12.5million for Bent who CAN score,rather than £20million for Keane who MAY score (as long as the goal isn't at his mercy and he's 2 yards off the line ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to keep bringing this subject to the fore,but this story of Robbie Keane returning to Spurs is

starting to gather momentum.

This not a dig at Liverpool,but would like to know what you Yids think.

The new one now is £5 million +Lennon and O'Hara.I just can't see that,Lennon is our best player at this

moment in time.

Is there not a Premiership rule,which says a player after being transfered cannot return to his old club in

the same season.

Redknapp said on a website he is only planning a couple of loan signings in January.

Can a loan deal be done then.?

As far as I am concern this would be a step backwards.Keane made his decision.Lets go forward.

As for paying £20 million to get him back.Absolute crazy.

Sorry to keep bringing this subject to the fore,but this story of Robbie Keane returning to Spurs is

starting to gather momentum.

This not a dig at Liverpool,but would like to know what you Yids think.

The new one now is £5 million +Lennon and O'Hara.I just can't see that,Lennon is our best player at this

moment in time.

Is there not a Premiership rule,which says a player after being transfered cannot return to his old club in

the same season.

Redknapp said on a website he is only planning a couple of loan signings in January.

Can a loan deal be done then.?

As far as I am concern this would be a step backwards.Keane made his decision.Lets go forward.

As for paying £20 million to get him back.Absolute crazy.

NEVER going to happen mate. Anyway, check out the link and it seems that the papers are ONCE AGAIN just splurging any old crap they can come up with about Tottenham.. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-spo...to=newsnow&

By the way, to answer your question.. Premier league rules would dictate that Keane can only be signed on loan this season and that would open up the possibility of a cut price deal in the summer. Although I don't want him back.

No I dont want Keane back,certainly not in the deal mentioned.

Hmm,Peter Crouch,not sure,would bring something different to the side.

Suppose,Spurs being Spurs,we are going to be linked to numerous players.

Intresting the quote about only a couple of loan signings.?

With the new Stadium on the agenda,suppose Arry has got to be careful with money.

[see our mate isaac is still at it]

• 2 weeks later...

It has been reported in The Mail today,that Steven Gerrard has admitted,it is quite likely

Robbie Keane will leave Liverpool in January.

For Gods sake Harry,do not make the biggest mistake of your life,and try to get him back.

Apparently Liverpool have only paid Spurs about £6 million of the transfer fee[Hardly surprising]

therefore are prepared to let him return if Spurs forget the rest of the fee.

He has proved what sort of player he is at Liverpool.

Do us all a favour Arry,forget it.

• 1 month later...

For Gods sake Harry,do not make the biggest mistake of your life,and try to get him back.

He has proved what sort of player he is at Liverpool.

2 things..........

Harry made the biggest mistake of his life, when he took over as manager and how can he prove what sort of player he is when he is on the bench.

Keanes profile as a Spurs player:

02-03 Tottenham 13 Goals, 29 Games (-)

03-04 Tottenham 14 Goals, 34 Games (-)

04-05 Tottenham 11 Goals, 35 Games (-)

05-06 Tottenham 16 Goals, 36 Games (-)

06-07 Tottenham 11 Goals, 27 Games 5 Goals, 9 Games (UEFA Cup)

07-08 Tottenham 15 Goals, 36 Games 4 Goals, 10 Games (UEFA Cup)

Keanes profile as a Liverpool player:

08-09 Liverpool FC 5 Goals, 19 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (Champions League) 1 Goals, 3 Games

Cant say he not done the business when he has played........ I'm sure a lot of teams would want him in their team.

I told you when Keane left,he would fail at Liverpool,so come on you Liverpool fans,tell Somersetspur he

was RIGHT.

Only trouble is,my stupid club brings him back for £15million.Now we have 5 strikers,Arrys gone mad.

I think its a big publicity stunt by the manager to keep the fans on his side,while we struggle.

Im not happy he's back,but will have to put up with it.

The crowd will be buzzing on Sunday,with Keanes return,but he will have to do a hell of alot to change

my mind,he is not a £15m player let alone a £20m .

Lets hope he proves me wrong.

Think Defoe's injury is more serious than first thought.

See Arshavin's move is in danger of collapsing.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Spurs you are welcome to him.

I know he didnt get a good run in the side but at a club that is pushing for the title and a £20 million pricetag he should of shone at once!!

He will always be a good player at a mid- table side, no better!!!!

Funny how attitudes change from the start of the season.

Torres + Keane was going to terrorise the Premiership defences,and win Liverpool the league.

With the £10.8 million Liverpool owe Spurs for the original transfer,Spurs end up getting him back for

just under £5 million.

Although Im not happy seeing him back,good buisness on our behalf,and leaves you with a striker short.

Great move Rafa,suppose he wont have a rant about that.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Well what do you expect if the player doesnt do what he was paid to do,glad he has gone! If you hadnt noticed we are where we are with torres hardly pulling on a shirt! Thats includes beating united without him and Gerrard only coming off the bench for 15 mins.

We dont have any worries,well not like yours!!!!

And after totally dominating Chelsea on sunday regardless of the red card we are still in it more ever so than anyone else!

Im sure what money we lost on him we will have made that back from champions league progression and not shelling out for his wages by the end of the season!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Behind us exactly!!!

People like to write us off before weve kicked a ball.

At least tell me im kidding myself IF we dont do it, in May not now when we are still in the mixer!!!