Cornwall Football Forum

Marazion vs Grampound (2 Matches)

Saturday 26th July

First Fixture - 2pm KO

Grampound (1sts) vs Marazion (1sts)

Grampound take a 1-0 victory here with a superb Shane Weeks cross finding the head of Brian Baker...i mean Ryan Maker in the breadbin...i mean back stick. Grampound manager Tony Ford ran a tight ship with the team playing some creative football throughout, on a very hard Marazion pitch, that in all fairness probably needed a cut.

Grampound 1-0 Marazion

--------

Second Fixture - 4pm-ish KO

Grampound (2nds) vs Marazion (2nds)

Marazion had a few speckled first teamers from the previous game in their team, and Grampound had 3 or 4 first teamers on the bench. 2nd Team Assistant Manager Ian Jenkin (me) stood in for the absent Al Berry and put out a very strong performance. Grampounds dominance showed when Jenkin, Orchard and Rosevear combined for Rosevear to slot into the bottom corner for the first goal. Minutes later, Rosevears strong style of play gave Marazion an equallizer in the form of a penalty, 1-1.

But from here on in Grampound dominated and ran out eventual 7-2 winners, leaving Jenkin delighted with a great result to take back to the gaffer.

Grampound 2nds 7-2 Marazion 2nds

Man of the Match (2nd game) - Ryan Orchard, who scored and created more than other player that day.

A good day out for what has now become a tradition - two pre-season games at Marazion. Thought Grampound's teams both gave superb performances. The first team created enough chances to have put the game out of sight by half-time and then defended really well in the second period, restricting Marazion to very little. The reserves got a real confidence booster with some great play and finishing.

Many thanks go once again to Marazion for hosting us, especially the volunteers who do so much to make the club run. Pity more of the Marazion players did not come in the bar afterwards, even for one drink.

Thanks again to all concerned. We hope to see you again next year.

I thought it was 7-2 in the second game. Goals from Rosevear, Toms, Orchard 2, D.Dunn 2 & Lannon.

It must also be mentioned that veteran Chris Paynter played 90 minutes for the reserves and first team manager Tony Ford played his first game outfield for a few years having a 25 minute run out at left back in the second half.

Ah perhaps so, i thought the boy Toms might have got 2 tho???!

Chrissy Paynter at centre half was absolutely superb, alongside the ever reliable stalward - El Woodmanaldo.

Highlight of the game - Tony taking a tumble, then almost grabbing glory by running the length of the pitch with the ball but fluffing his shot.

Im absolutely delighted with how the 2 teams are moulding, and team spirit is growing day by day.