Cornwall Football Forum

Wayne rooneys new season

If Berbatov had Rooneys work-rate than he'd arguably one of the greatest of all-time. Unfortunately for all his talent, he's got no heart which Rooney has in abundance.

But then again he mite learn quickly if he goes to United because im sure old 'Redface' and the Old Trafford faithful wont accept a player who does what he wants for 90mins and moans and stops dead just because somebody plays a ball he's got to chase rather then to his feet.

Id have Rooney over Berbatov any day of the week!

As for England.He is just one of the over paid,pansies that think they are all world beaters.

oh dear thats the worst thing ive ever heard :lol: do you watch football???

Funny, I watched a lot of international football matches this summer, and for the life of me, I couldn't find Rooney, Gerrard, Lampost & the rest of our so-called golden generation of England players anywhere! :unsure:

If Berbatov had Rooneys work-rate than he'd arguably one of the greatest of all-time. Unfortunately for all his talent, he's got no heart which Rooney has in abundance.

But then again he mite learn quickly if he goes to United because im sure old 'Redface' and the Old Trafford faithful wont accept a player who does what he wants for 90mins and moans and stops dead just because somebody plays a ball he's got to chase rather then to his feet.

Id have Rooney over Berbatov any day of the week!

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, and personally I'd take Berbatov over Rooney all day, every day, the man is an absolute genius and would light up Old Trafford, and would be the closest thing to Cantona since he retired.

To say a person has no heart, just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, attempting to poleaxe anyone who looks at him the wrong way, is just ludicrous, some players are cleverer than that!

Never a truer word spoken....... by an Arsenal fan as well!!

On a completely different issue, what is Barton's 'second' chance at Newcastle all about (well it's probably about the fifth or sixth chance he's had already in his life). How do you expect footballers to learn they aren't above the law, when clubs forget their misdemeanours so quickly.

Guest Peppermint

I think it is an utter insult to compare Rooney with that thug Barton. Ok I know I might be biased but that is just stupid to compare an ex con. with Rooney.

What is surprising about the comments on this this subject is that they are just biased opinions. We all have our views but as you get older you become more object with them.

Along with Man U I have been a great fan of Spurs, perhaps nobody has noticed that many of Spurs top players are bolting out the back door while everyone has their eye on Berbatov. If he did go to Man U he could indeed be a great asset especially alongside Rooney. It is a shame that many so called fans watch football with their blinkers on and actually don't watch what the greats do. They have their views and instead of purtting their hands up and saying sorry, they continue to keep their biased views going.

it would be nice to see objective postings on here for a change.

Well it look like Man Utd supporters dreams are about to come true.

Ive just heard from a very good source.

Dimitar Berbatov will be a Man Utd player by the weekend.

The fee 28 million.

But dont despair Spurs fans.Some big signings are just around the corner.

Bentley is definate.

Villa talks at a early stage.100,000 per week is the stumbling block.

Veloso talks on going.

Un named Valencia defender almost sorted.

Diego Capel possible but Sevilla dont want to deal with Spurs,but player wants to come?

Arshavin is 2nd choice if Villa dont come.

Yes I do.

I go to watch Spurs at the Lane.Thank you.

As for Rooney.You know what you can do with him.

If Rooney is so f--king good.

Why does Redface want Berbagod?

40million your a spurs fan arent you! HAHA

i guarentee someone would rather pay 40million for rooney then berbastrop who like he said wouldnt et changed bless him. rooney works harder is more clever then berbatov and has more passion and by the way hes what 22? so how many more years has he got to progres and get the scoring touch? more than berbatov any proper fan would want rooney over berbatov but then i suppose thats wat u expect from a spurs fan living in the dream world :lol: thats why rooneys so F**king good

Mark C, what's the matter with you?. Are you not able to give a sensible answer to anything at all when it's anything that may be slightly against Man Utd?

YES, Rooney works harder than Berbatov

MAYBE, Rooney plays with more passion than Berbatov (How the f**k do you know, have you been inside their head and heart to discover how much passion they are playing with?)

NO, Rooney has not outshone anything that Berbatov has done in his 2 years in this country

NO, Rooney posesses nowhere near as much quality as Berbatov does

NO, Rooney hasn't improved in any way since he left Everton to go to Utd

NO NO NO NO NO, Rooney is NOWHERE NEAR as clever as Berbvatov and that is an absolutely absurd statement to make. How often do you see Berbatov being 1 swear word or stupid lunge away from a sending off?. How often do you see Berbatov just turn and kick a player because somebody put in a challenge he doesn't like?. How clearly do you remember Rooney showing how much cleverer than Berbatov he is when Ronaldo got him sent off when England played Portugal in the world cup? Ronaldo KNOWS that Rooney is about as clever as Jade Goody and Forest Gump's illegitimate love child and that was clearly exploited at the time.

Any supporter of any club is probobly going to say that their players will posess more quality etc than any rival teams players, that's the way of life as a football supporter. However, it's a good idea to keep your mind open to the fact that other players out there are better than some players who represent your club. Do I think that Berbatov is better than Rooney?. In certain areas yes, however, do I think that Rooney is better than Berbatov, in certain areas yes.

You see what I'm getting at here, EVERY player out there will be better at certain things than any other player. My personal opinion is that Berbatov is a more complete player than Rooney and some of the things he can do with a football are truly magic. If he had Rooney's work rate and desire, he would be right up there with the very best players in the world.

What you as a Man Utd supporter should ask yourself is "would I like Berbatov at my club and will he be an asset to the team and club"?. The answer can only be YES. He has a quality that NOBODY at Man Utd has and he would ensure that Rooney can stick to playing off the last man and stick to doing what every striker should ultimately be doing on the pitch, scoring goals. I GUARANTEE you that if/when you sign Berbatov, Rooney will score more goals in a single season than he has ever scored in the past. I GUARANTEE you that EVERY Man Utd fan will speak of Berbatov in the highest possible regard when you see what he can actually do whilst he's wearing your colours.

People say that he's a sulker, he's lazy and he doesn't try. That is total boll***s I'm afraid, it is just the way he is and the way he plays. It's like saying that Paul Scholes is a boring **** because he just plays his football and then goes off home without talking to the press etc etc. For gods sake use your head people. Supporters all over the country used to say that the likes of Lineker and Hoddle were lazy etc but the fact is they were both truly world class, as is Berbatov. In my opinion (and that guy who knows a little more than you and me about football called Pele), Rooney still has some way to go before he can be described as world class BUT the promise and ability is there. The thing is, how long can he go on before it becomes apparant that this promise is never going to be realised?.

All this "my player is better than your player" nonsense is nothing but childish petulance that would not look out of place in a primary school playground.

Mark C, you said "by the way hes what 22? so how many more years has he got to progres and get the scoring touch?"....

Well as far as I'm aware he burst onto the scene when he was 16 years old and that was SIX years ago my friend and also as far as I'm aware, he cost around £30million.. Now £30million(ish) seems a hell of alot of money for a boy that IN YOUR OPINION has been around for 6 years but has yet to "progress and get the scoring touch"..

Just think, if only old Sir Alcy Ferguson had a set of balls and had took a gamble on Berbatov 2 seasons ago when he was looking at/monitoring him, your club wouldn't now be needing to pay almost TREBLE what Spurs paid for him and we wouldn't be having this discussion because Berbatov would already be showing his CLASS in a red shirt and would no doubt be the best player on the planet :rolleyes:

I've missed your rants Coopsie, welcome back :thumbsup:

Thankyou princess. Haven't been away though babe, just decided that too many people had too much to say about how much I have to say on here. So I now just have a read of what other people have to say and only respond if I feel that my opinion is of value to the topic. In this case I felt a little common sense had to be brought into the equation.

Mark C, what's the matter with you?. Are you not able to give a sensible answer to anything at all when it's anything that may be slightly against Man Utd?

YES, Rooney works harder than Berbatov

MAYBE, Rooney plays with more passion than Berbatov (How the f**k do you know, have you been inside their head and heart to discover how much passion they are playing with?)

NO, Rooney has not outshone anything that Berbatov has done in his 2 years in this country

NO, Rooney posesses nowhere near as much quality as Berbatov does

NO, Rooney hasn't improved in any way since he left Everton to go to Utd

NO NO NO NO NO, Rooney is NOWHERE NEAR as clever as Berbvatov and that is an absolutely absurd statement to make. How often do you see Berbatov being 1 swear word or stupid lunge away from a sending off?. How often do you see Berbatov just turn and kick a player because somebody put in a challenge he doesn't like?. How clearly do you remember Rooney showing how much cleverer than Berbatov he is when Ronaldo got him sent off when England played Portugal in the world cup? Ronaldo KNOWS that Rooney is about as clever as Jade Goody and Forest Gump's illegitimate love child and that was clearly exploited at the time.

Any supporter of any club is probobly going to say that their players will posess more quality etc than any rival teams players, that's the way of life as a football supporter. However, it's a good idea to keep your mind open to the fact that other players out there are better than some players who represent your club. Do I think that Berbatov is better than Rooney?. In certain areas yes, however, do I think that Rooney is better than Berbatov, in certain areas yes.

You see what I'm getting at here, EVERY player out there will be better at certain things than any other player. My personal opinion is that Berbatov is a more complete player than Rooney and some of the things he can do with a football are truly magic. If he had Rooney's work rate and desire, he would be right up there with the very best players in the world.

What you as a Man Utd supporter should ask yourself is "would I like Berbatov at my club and will he be an asset to the team and club"?. The answer can only be YES. He has a quality that NOBODY at Man Utd has and he would ensure that Rooney can stick to playing off the last man and stick to doing what every striker should ultimately be doing on the pitch, scoring goals. I GUARANTEE you that if/when you sign Berbatov, Rooney will score more goals in a single season than he has ever scored in the past. I GUARANTEE you that EVERY Man Utd fan will speak of Berbatov in the highest possible regard when you see what he can actually do whilst he's wearing your colours.

People say that he's a sulker, he's lazy and he doesn't try. That is total boll***s I'm afraid, it is just the way he is and the way he plays. It's like saying that Paul Scholes is a boring **** because he just plays his football and then goes off home without talking to the press etc etc. For gods sake use your head people. Supporters all over the country used to say that the likes of Lineker and Hoddle were lazy etc but the fact is they were both truly world class, as is Berbatov. In my opinion (and that guy who knows a little more than you and me about football called Pele), Rooney still has some way to go before he can be described as world class BUT the promise and ability is there. The thing is, how long can he go on before it becomes apparant that this promise is never going to be realised?.

All this "my player is better than your player" nonsense is nothing but childish petulance that would not look out of place in a primary school playground.

Mark C, you said "by the way hes what 22? so how many more years has he got to progres and get the scoring touch?"....

Well as far as I'm aware he burst onto the scene when he was 16 years old and that was SIX years ago my friend and also as far as I'm aware, he cost around £30million.. Now £30million(ish) seems a hell of alot of money for a boy that IN YOUR OPINION has been around for 6 years but has yet to "progress and get the scoring touch"..

Just think, if only old Sir Alcy Ferguson had a set of balls and had took a gamble on Berbatov 2 seasons ago when he was looking at/monitoring him, your club wouldn't now be needing to pay almost TREBLE what Spurs paid for him and we wouldn't be having this discussion because Berbatov would already be showing his CLASS in a red shirt and would no doubt be the best player on the planet :rolleyes:

all you are is a jealous totenham fan whos got on his high horse cause i have an opinion which is fact not fiction. shut your mouth

Guest crosser

all you are is a jealous totenham fan whos got on his high horse cause i have an opinion which is fact not fiction. shut your mouth

what an adult response!!

lets see some of these facts then!! because all i see is a rooney fan whos got on his high horse

what an adult response!!

lets see some of these facts then!! because all i see is a rooney fan whos got on his high horse

bet none of you could even get on a horse let alone a high one :P:lol:

(sorry far too many wkds) :smiley20:

im all for people having an opinion thats why i started this thread. and i think berbatov is a brilliant player but i think rooneys better and thats my opinion and i dont want a lecture of a tottenham fan abotu why u think berbatovs better or an idiot with a picture of tits for his DP trying to wind me up! besides fernando torres is better then both of them!

Guest crosser

im all for people having an opinion thats why i started this thread. and i think berbatov is a brilliant player but i think rooneys better and thats my opinion and i dont want a lecture of a tottenham fan abotu why u think berbatovs better or an idiot with a picture of tits for his DP trying to wind me up! besides fernando torres is better then both of them!

oh lordy you can see the school's are on their holiday's

Everybody's allowed an opinion apart from a spuds fan?? i'm no fan of the spuds but they ahve a right to post just like anybody else?? you started this topic someone's taken the time to post a adult reply and thats classed as a lecture??? I'm still waiting for these facts that your opinions based on??

Now why don't you run along and ask mummy for a mcdonalds happy meal. :D

Mark C. I ALWAYS do my very best not to be insulting or overly offensive on here because there are more than a few TRUE intellectuals/grown ups that are able to respond with etiquette and maturity and DEBATE opinions with other forum users.

I am not going to change my stance on not wanting to offend or insult other forum users who unlike you, do not posess the intelligence of amoeba. So I will simply state what it appears what they (and probably the rest of the world) already think and know..

You sir are a ****.

Hey guys just been reading all this abuse lol. I'm a man utd fan and i think both players are purely great! And too see both working along side eachother would be fantastic. not just for united but for our viewing pleasure. But people that compare berba to cantona are very much mistaken, cause i havent seen a player since his retirement that can play the way he did. But berba does play with the same ignorance. Yes he can be lazy at times and he does sulk if not getting his own way but isn't that also classed as showing heart becuase he wants whats best for the team? Yes if he went to united he would develop into a much better all round player and probably enjoy playing a little more. As to comparing rooney and berba it's impossible as there different players!! Yes if i had to choose i'd pick rooney but thats because i like the commitment and passion showed and i like those sort of player. just like alan smith when he played for leeds. and to say he hasnt got the goal scoring touch is silly. he can score and hes showed he can score, but the difference is he looks to bing other players into the game. Rooney also has the advantage of having a liitle more time left in football than berba. we have to think that Rooney probably has another 10 years of playing yet. thats maybe 7-8 years of learning still. berba prob has about 5-6 years left. about half the time.

Overall guys you can argue as much as you like but you will never get anywhere. Both players are great in there own way. and i bet that both players this season will have a good season.

ok lil baby boy here you are have the last word you adorable little baby

Easy fella, I'm a married man with a beautiful wife and 3 wonderful kids. I appreciate and am flattered by your compliments but I'm just not that way inclined. However, I'm sure there are plenty of other sites out there that could help you find the kind of thing that you seek?. Good luck with that. :c:

do you know any sites you could give me then seeming as u know about them? do u secretly go on them by any chance?

I'm afraid I'm unaware of any sites I could inform you of Mark C.

I don't secretly go on them either BUT I'm willing to have a look if you can provide me with a link to any that you use, it would be nice to put a face to the name Mark. ;)

nah sorry i dont go on these sites thats why i asked you to inform me but obviously niether of us go on these sites!

heres the face to name coopsie :L

do you play for anyone by any chance?

So you're an "old has been mad man"??. Your responses have been far too witty/intellectual for that to be you I'm afraid Mark.

As for "do I play for anyone by any chance"?. Well don't tell anybody because I try to keep it a secret but I show up each week for Gulval FC. I wouldn't really describe it as playing but I must have done something right in the past because I've been made bloody skipper of the reserves this season :o ..

How about you, do you represent one of the local teams?.