Cornwall Football Forum

Hayle v St Blazey.....What happened??

Today should have seen St Blazey travel to Hayle for a pre season friendly. Sometime ago I believe the plan was to hold two games, one for the first team and one for the second team. By this morning, it was called off. I believe Hayle couldnt raise a side to play??!!! Anyone no what went wrong??? :SM_carton:

Nothing against Hayle, but people moan about travelling at the best of times so why not play a more local side at that level for a pre season friendly. The roads must have been busy with it being the first busy saturday of the summer hols. Just my thoughts. Fed up with friendlys already to be honest......bring on the real stuff!! :drink:

Firstly, I must state that the fault was with St Blazey and I have apologised to Hayle FC. Unfortunately our friendlies have already given us a crop of first team injuries and this plus holiday and work commitments decimated both squads Yesterday.

It is not our usual practice to let down any other Clubs and I apologise to anyone involved or disappointed.

I agree with Paul's comments and maybe these thoughts will be taken into consideration in future.

Guest SLIC VIC

Chairman, just a question and "NOT A DIGG" wasnt it possible to raise a team from both squads of players so that you could fulfill part of the fixture, I do understand the problems that arrise at this time of year but its also a good day out for fans to visit or meet teams they dont come across during the course of their normal season.....Best of wishes for 08 09.