Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Gardner Memorial Trophy

James - After what you shoved down your throat one christmas at a Straton crebber meal it's no wonder you have put on a bit of puppy fat- stay away from KFC etc

:D

With now living in Truro and training at Marazion its MacDonalds thats the destination of choice on the way home. However I have been saving up for a big blow out at KFC in the near future. Ive got an All Inclusive holiday next week so I could return for the new season in Fat Barry(nuts magazine) proportions. Still fancy myself to get in the Bickland squad though! :thumbsup:

Best of luck for the rest of the season, I expect westy and I will be using the club as our watering hole for post match refreshments. Cheers

It would be great to see you at Bickland J :D ames. When your sat in the dugout you could always run up the steps to the burger van.Have a good holiday though

Im gonna give that burger van a good run out on saturday, it smelt bloody lovely. Hopefully my hamstrings have loosened up enough that I wont be sat in the dug out but Im gonna watch the second game after and put back on any weight I may have lost in playng helston!

Saturday August 2nd 08 Finals Day at Bickland Park

2pm Kick off HELSTON ATHLETIC v PENZANCE

5pm kick off FALMOUTH TOWN v PORTHLEVEN

Position after 2nd.round

1st. Penzance........ 6pts GD 4-1

2nd.Porthleven...... 3pts GD 3-1

3rd. Falmouth Town 1pt..GD 2-4

4th.Helston Athletic 1pt.. GD 1-4

Penzance looking the the more accomplished team of the tournament need just a point to claim the Dave Gardner trophy for the second time.

Please generously support this Charity Day fror Dave's family.

Cornwall Hospice Care/ Macmillan Nurses

Guest Postie Pidge

The admission on Saturday is £4 for ALL adults and £1 children. That is all afternoon to make it easier. Remembering that all the money is for charity.

Dave Gardner- central defender who partnered Tommy Matthews at the heart of one of the great Falmouth teams.

Dave joined Falmouth from Penzance making his debut August-1987 and left for Porthleven in April 1994.

In his time at Bickland he made 258 appearances scoring 60 goals.

For the record Tommy retired at the same time(May 94) appearing 460 times scoring 53 goals.

Probably the most famous Falmouth pairing would have been Keith Manley and Mervyn Rich who appeared in eight consecutive league championships.

Finals Day at Bickland Park

HELSTON ATHLETIC 0 PENZANCE 8 h/t 0-4

Pz-scorers(courtesy of John Mead); Andy Westgarth 2 Dan MaGee 2,James Miller,Stuart Reynolds,Tom Patrick and a header from Darren Holsey.

FALMOUTH TOWN 1 PORTHLEVEN 1 h/t 0-0

Tom Hunter 53m....Darren Burchell (Pen) 69m

Final Table

1st.Penzance......... 9pts.GD 12-1

2nd.Porthleven...... 4pts.GD. 4-2

3rd.Falmouth Town 2pts.GD..3-5

4t. Helston Athletic 1pt..GD.. 1-12

PENZANCE first club to win the Trophy twice-'Golden Boot', Andy Westgarth 4 goals in tournament.

Lineups:

Falmouth Town-Chris Symons;Steve Hawke;Tim Hurrell;Dave Rawlings;Adam Trudgian,Matt Moore(capt),Frazer Cadman(Gary Bell 72m)Shaun Halford(Ross Bowden 68m);Sam Hunter;Andy Bowker;Bobby Bryant:

Porthleven:Jason Robinson;Jake Liddicoat;Martin Day;Hugh Howlett;Wayne Brown;Josh kemp;Jamie Thirkle;Steve Warr(Capt);Paul Robinson;Danny Williams;Kevin Lawrence; subs used Darren Burchell;Glen Rogers;Matt fox;Mike Davies;Nigel Thwaites;

Referee Tim Burley Lanner

Assistants Ian(george) Pattison-Helston and Anita Gittens-Newquay

Did I hear that organiser George Torrance announce a figure of around £2,000 raised for Charity? Great effort by all.