Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash v St Austell Tonight

Bazzer, I think its from - Gary Penhaligan, Lee Whetters, Bradley Ralph, Dan Lean, James Avery, Jay Isabell, Gary Whieldon, Scott Ansell, Ollie Brokenshire, Myself, Chris Phillips, Dave Hooper, Sam Waters, James Chapman.

Thinks thats everyone. There are a few away including Mike Body who is away fishing!!

Saltash United 1 (Dan Lewis 77) St Austell 2 (Will Tinsley 39, 67)

Saltash United, (4-4-2): Chris Wearing; Paul Edwards, Brinton Nute, Tony Bouch, Steve Sarigson; Stuart Clarke, Danny Lewis, Matt Godfree, Paul Madden; Levi Landricombe and Glen Palmer.

Subs (all used): Martin Piper, Toby Clark, Dave Smith, John Scholes, Scott Wellington and Simon Parnell.

St Austell, (4-5-1): Gary Penhaligon; James Avery, Bradley Ralph (Dave Hooper), Lee Whetter, Dan Lean (Phil Hutchins); Sam Waters (Chris Phillips), Jay Isbell, Gary Whieldon (Liam Dingle), Scott Ansell (Ollie Brokenshire), Will Tinsley (Ross Pinhammer); Daniel Nancarrow (James Chapman).

If that was against saltash first team that is a great result. Well done St Austell. Seem to have a good mix of youth and experience. How did Olly Brokenshire play? Was a quality player when I took him through Cornwall Schools.

Yes it was their first team and although they were missing Gavin Coulton, a very strong first team at that. Be careful now Grant, as im now involved at St Austell and I may just take that as a compliment from you on behalf of the team!! ;)

By all accounts Saltash had 5 regular starters who were out injured and a couple more resting knocks on the bench. So probably half their first team involved last night. Still a good result for St Austell and with Gary in goal they are always going to be tough to beat.

I would say 8 of the players who started last night will be more than likely be there 1st choice. Only players that I think (I maybe wrong) were missing were Marc Thorne, Gavin Coulton & Daley Simpson. Results never matter pre season but it was a very good team performance against a side who will be in the top 3 for sure.

What do think the regular line-up would be for St Austell Nanks?

Very similar as the line up on the previous post with the additions of Mike Body and youngsters Josh Higman and Martin Giles. Obviously that will make the squad extremely large so there will enevitably be players moving on as is often the case at this stage of the season at most clubs, but needless to say that makes competition hot and healthy and not a luxury St Austell FC have been overly used to on a regular basis.

Lanreath 3 St Austell 5 (Mike Body, Josh Higman, Chris Phillips, Liam Dingle and Ross Pinhammer)

St Austell (3-5-2): Martin Quantick; James Avery, Lee Whetter, Sam Waters; Josh Higman, Liam Dingle, Jay Isbell, Scott Ansell, Will Tinsley; Daniel Nancarrow and Mike Body.

Substitutes (all used): Ross Pinhammer, Chris Phillips.