Cornwall Football Forum

GRAMPOUND RES V TRISPEN AFC - FRIENDLY RESULT

23/07/08

GRAMPOUND RES 1-7 TRISPEN AFC

A.SPEAR (3),M.RAPSEY(2),S.TYACK(1),M.CRUSE(1) ABIG THANK YOU TO GRAMPOUND RES FOR THE WORKOUT LAST NIGHT .

Trispen totally dominated the first half and were 6-0 up at the break, playing some excellent football at times although we gifted Trispen too many soft goals. Mike Bawden grabbed a deserved second half goal for Grampound Reserves as we didn't let our heads drop and played some good football in the second half. Definately a good fitness workout for us as we will probably only play 1 or 2 teams that will come close to being as good as Trispen in our own league.

As second team assistant manager of Grampound....

the first half we never got into the traps, let alone got out of them, but as Woody says, it was only ever going to be a fitness exercise at the end of the day.

the second half had lots of positives, but come start of the season, i personally will be demanding our lads to be capable of simple football.

When we acheived this in the second half, we looked a strong outfit, reserves or not.

Trispen lads good as gold, and i hope they have a very successful season.

THANKS LADS FOR THE MATCH , GREAT GOAL FROM THE BIG GUY FOR YOU HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD SEASON WILL TRY AND POP DOWN TO WATCH YOU GUYS WHEN THERES NO TRISPEN GAME ONLY LIVE UP THE ROAD FROM YOUR PITCH.

Although some players have left, Grampound are a fantastically run club with a lot of potential which shouldn't be underestimated. Alister Berry (aided by Jenksy) will do a tremendous job I'm sure and will be integrating some very talented younger players from their youth team.

The first team under TGony Ford will also be a force to be reckoned with.

I personally wish both their teams all the best and I think they will surprise a few people.

I am also looking forward to linking up with their Vets team as well.

And finally, is there any need for negative comments about things people really don't know anything about?!!! Shame on you! :angry2:

Gota choice this year of Altarnun, southgate, north petherwin, lewdown, north hill or lifton. last year i played for altarnun firsts, played for the reserves for last 5 games.

Thats true but u gota admit they were the luckiest team in the duchy to get promoted after finishing 7th and takeing some major beatings and loseing to teams like stoke. True?

Thats true me old fruit....we've been f'n horrendous at times, but i love a f'n challenge, and i know the second team gaffer does to, we are addressing previous problems, and are uncovering what we need to uncover at Grampound.

But to be fair i seem to remember playing you at the start of last season, 7nil was the score, and you all looked like lost little boys.

Dont be ashamed or nervous to admit that you will struggle, coz to be fair, i dont seem to thick you're convincing anyone that Duchy 4 is gonna be "your year"

:clapper:

Haha guilty as charged once more Elia.

But not getting into that side is certainly not always a sign of someones ability, the St Austell first eleven of the duchy side would each walk into everyone else's eleven first team places.

So by not playing as much as i would like, is certainly a shame for me, but just like most players in the world of football, theres always someone better/more preferred to yourself, no matter the level.