Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay 5 Wadebridge 3

Newquay bounced back from a poor performance on Saturday with an excellent performance and result against last year's champions. In a fairly even first half Wadebridge took the lead when the home side failed to clear a corner. Newquay responded immediately with a goal from inspirational Lee Bradd. Wadebridge restored their lead when Billy Holland's attempted clearance rebounded off the backside of the Wadebridge centre forward. Newquay came out strongly in the second half and Luke Riby unselfishly set up Jack Huter to fire a spectacular left foot shot high into the Wadebridge goal. Dominic Pullen then opened his account witha simple finish. Scott Palmer got on the score sheet with another simple finish following another fine move from the home side. Bridgers pulled a goal back from a dubious penalty. The scoring was completed on full time when Luke Rigby headed in a Jack Hunter corner at the near post. All in all a good work out for both teams. Newquay used 16 players on the night and everyone contributed to a good team effort. Sorry don't know the Wadebridge scorers but I'm sure Stuart can fill us in. Newquay line up as follows.

Billy Holland (James Merrikin), Oliver Dart, Matt Jose, Perry Harvey, Andy Morris, Lee Bradd, Sam McKune,(Luke Rigby) Aaron Bicknell, Jake Hartigan (Jack Hunter), Steve Kellow, (Dominic Pullen), Dave Rabone (Scott Palmer). Cheers

Guest Peppermint

I missed the Saturday game against Holmans but last night's performance was very encouraging. I know pre season friendly matches are sometimes not a true reflection of the coming season and the result is not always the important factor but nevertheless Jim and Symon will have been most encouraged by the win against a strong looking Wadebridge Town outfit.

Stuart has brought in some new faces and I am sure that The Bridgers will do very well in the Premier League this coming season. Good luck to Stuart and his team.

Nice to see a good crowd at Mount Wise and I thought it was a good game with both sides playing some nice football.

Thanks to Dermot for officiating and his assistants for their part.

One or two of last season's reserve team stepped up and did themselves no harm and will be pushing for a place in the squad. All in all a very satisfying evening.