Cornwall Football Forum

Who will win Nalders Leagues?

Division 1 of the Nalders W.C Sunday League looks very open with a number of very good sides capable of winning the league, but is this the Season that Mpad can turn great cup form into a Div 2 title challenge??

I'm sure Halsetown will be up there too, always a difficult place to play and Mullion are unknown quantity but Mpad have steadilly improved over last few seasons, so may well be favourites :unsure:

Good Luck to you all :thumbsup:

I've discounted Crowntown from a challenge in Division 2 as the foundation of there side, Oldasitgets seems to be picking up more & more injuries :P

Guest Postie Pidge

Oldasitgets is or soon will be on a world tour surfing or something but I will use my mathematical expertise and say that the team with the most points at the end will win.

Mpad are looking good so far!

Maybe Oldasitgets will be used strategically this season as an impact substitute.

Experienced versatile player fresh off the bench could he create havoc? In the opposition half!

:clapper::clapper::yahoo:

Mpad are looking good so far!

Pidge is confident :P

Maybe Oldasitgets will be used strategically this season as an impact substitute.

Experienced versatile player fresh off the bench could he create havoc? In the opposition half!

I've discounted Crowntown from a challenge in Division 2 as the foundation of there side, Oldasitgets seems to be picking up more & more injuries

I've never been allowed into the opposition half. What's it like there?

More & more injuries??? Two injuries in the last 15 years doesn't sound like a lot to me.

Any road up, I'm off round the world starting to tomorrow! Don't know when I'll be back.

U.S., Tonga (for the Coronation) New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam, Cambodia, India. (All on a bus pass)

Follow my progress on a link from my blog. wwar1.blogspot com

I think the Div one will be a tuff one to decide. With all the teams maybe in with a shout. Railway have a decent side, so do tremough and Threemilestone. New contenders Gloweth i think will be up there once the team starts to play as a unit.btihink i'm going to go with Railway this year just as we had a friendly with them and they were pretty good. depends what of the players that played that game will sign on though.

Guest stealth

I think the Div one will be a tuff one to decide. With all the teams maybe in with a shout. Railway have a decent side, so do tremough and Threemilestone. New contenders Gloweth i think will be up there once the team starts to play as a unit.btihink i'm going to go with Railway this year just as we had a friendly with them and they were pretty good. depends what of the players that played that game will sign on though.

HODGES21

ALL THE PLAYERS THAT PLAYED IN THAT GAME HAVE ALL SIGNED GOT 2 OR 3 PLAYERS THAT COULDNT MAKE THE GAME TO CUM INTO THE SIDE YET :ninja::ninja::ninja: :ninja:

New contenders Gloweth i think will be up there once the team starts to play as a unit.

I agree, Gloweth were a decent side in Div 2 last season, Lee and the other lad in centre midfield are very good players, also have strong centre back pairing and the addition of the ex Threemilestone boys will perhaps make them challengers at the top!

Truro GWRSA did'nt really challenge for honours last season Stealth, has Guy got all the players back from the previous season or is it new talent?

Which Threemilestone players have joined Gloweth? Or is it just to fulfil a friendly match?

Jasa and Tms No9 played and had great games, and there were couple more youngsters, sure the guys will help me out with those!

I got the impression they intended to play for Gloweth this year after Twinkletoes stepped down at the end of last season, If so, think they'll be good signings?

Dont know which 1s played from last year but the ex tms players are myself, Tms no9, Graeme Weir. Unconfirmed signings, Dan Murt and Jason Pearce. All together the buildings of a strong side. Not sure about my own availablity at the moment as I am currently playing senior football during pre-season but if I do end up playing junior football I have every intention of playing for Gloweth.

Guest stealth

me and my mate are runnin this season all the good players are bk as they didnt want to play for the previus manager last season for some reason and got a few new faces in also :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: :ninja:

Yeah i'm Hoping to sign all 5 of those players this season as they will make great additions to my team. I know there games due to playing with them last season for tms res and there all very decent players. also signed a few others so i have back-up for injuries and short fallings for games. This year we have the looks of a very good team but because we have quite a few new players we need to gel. and thats why all our pre-seasons should help lol.

Truro reserves. Got called up to the first team for the Palace friendly the other night. Think Patty seemed more excited than me though. Enjoying it. Still gonna hope theres a gap in my games to see the big rivalry again this year. When are your fixtures out?

I don't really know to be honest after not being there last season but I know the majority of the side are not there. The main core of the side is the 3rd team from last season with a few new signings but so far in friendlies against higher league opposition we have only lost by 1 goal in either of them. Don't think people should be writing off as quick as people seem to be doing at the moment. Very good young side(and Lettsy) so we have a good few seasons together plus the odd 1st teamer who will no doubt drop down in order to get 90 minutes.

Should defo be there or thereabouts towards the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a message from Bill Lamin who is currently in New Zealand and will NOT be back in good old Cornwall for a while yet .......possibly until late October !!!

He asks for all dealings with Crowntown F.C go to Jody Marles 07729447903

Seems old age has finally caught up on his football exploits in the Sunday League !!! :D:D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a message from Bill Lamin who is currently in New Zealand and will NOT be back in good old Cornwall for a while yet .......possibly until late October !!!

He asks for all dealings with Crowntown F.C go to Jody Marles 07729447903

Seems old age has finally caught up on his football exploits in the Sunday League !!! :D:D:D

Old age be buggered! It's just a long way to travel for a game.

Currently in Perth, Australia. The game seems to have changed a bit while I've been travelling. They have 4 goalposts and no crossbar down here. And you should see the bloody shorts.

Still getting over the amazing Tonga experience. goggt.blogspot.com for details.