Cornwall Football Forum

ST BLAZEY -v- PERRANPORTH

Guest Ronin

Gozzy came back and took the glory. 3-1 was a good scoreline for St Blazey. It could have been worse. Not all doom and gloom but plenty of work to do. Perranporth look a good bet to win their league with that level of performance. :drink:

I may well be shot down again but after my last seasons prediction came right i'm going for another.

I THINK THAT ST BLAZEY WILL STRUGGLE THIS SEASON. Perran were ok tonightbut I was expecting more to be honest. I thought St Blazey were poor. No pace or organisation at the back with a dodgy keeper. Danny Bance had no-one to fight so reverted to passing the ball with little success. No 10 up top looked lively but couldn't see where else a goal would come from. Not much on the bench, no trackys in the bar!!! Before you all moan, someone complained at paying 6 quid to watch exeter ( a professional team) play truro. I am allowed an opinion as i paid 4 quid to watch St Blazey lose to a combo team!! I dont think that perran are dead certs for the title either. Good to see stapes back playing and scoring with ihs first touch!! Well done Perran

Guest Ronin

I thought it was an excellent game from both sides. Perran goals came from Kayne Trevaskis, Rob Stapleton (super-sub) and Justin Andrew (eventually!).

The full squad was: Butcher, Brown, Goldring, Cain ©, Miles, Harris, Gosling, Hawke, Moustrides, Wort, Trevaskis. Subs: Rowsen, Andrew, Stapleton, Mitchell, Hosking

Many thanks to St Blazey for their excellent facilities and hospitality. Perranporth's next friendly is on Tuesday 5th August when our Combo & Fal/Helston 2 teams will both be playing at Hayle (6.45 KO I think)

I thought it was an excellent game from both sides. Perran goals came from Kayne Trevaskis, Rob Stapleton (super-sub) and Justin Andrew (eventually!).

The full squad was: Butcher, Brown, Goldring, Cain ©, Miles, Harris, Gosling, Hawke, Moustrides, Wort, Trevaskis. Subs: Rowsen, Andrew, Stapleton, Mitchell, Hosking

Many thanks to St Blazey for their excellent facilities and hospitality. Perranporth's next friendly is on Tuesday 5th August when our Combo & Fal/Helston 2 teams will both be playing at Hayle (6.45 KO I think)

that side is awsome!!! :clapper: :clapper:

6 quid to watch Truro was a bargain, 125 i paid for an F.A cup final ticket and 400 to watch england in the world cup that I didnt mind paying before people say I am tight., but i have just been robbed by St Blazey F.C, who charged me 4 pound to watch what must be there second team, as a pretty good combo team destroyed them in a game which could have ended 6-1 to Perranporth. All I can prey is that 4 pound is going to charity because if any of those Blazey players get paid then cornish football has gone mad. on a serious note Perranporth looked class, not just a group of talented individuals, but knitted together well as a team. The first goal showed some real class from Kayne Trevaskis who didnt let his head drop after missing an earlier chance finished superbly from 18 yards with a fine strike. The game was wrapped up when the Blazey goal keeper passed the ball straight to Justin andrews (30) who rolled back the years and slotted home from 35 yards. Well played Perran but Blazey you have class lads who live in the area 16 years old, Like keiran Connibar, Orrin Crowle and Oliie Brokenshire that have played in all my cornwall teams that could do a far better job than players on show last night.

Guest Peppermint

Never mind Grant you could have come to Mount Wise on Tuesday evening and watched your former team Newquay play Wadebridge Town for only £2!!!!!

Both sides played some good football and the good sized crowd I am sure had their money's worth.

I may well be shot down again but after my last seasons prediction came right i'm going for another.

I THINK THAT ST BLAZEY WILL STRUGGLE THIS SEASON. Perran were ok tonightbut I was expecting more to be honest. I thought St Blazey were poor. No pace or organisation at the back with a dodgy keeper. Danny Bance had no-one to fight so reverted to passing the ball with little success. No 10 up top looked lively but couldn't see where else a goal would come from. Not much on the bench, no trackys in the bar!!! Before you all moan, someone complained at paying 6 quid to watch exeter ( a professional team) play truro. I am allowed an opinion as i paid 4 quid to watch St Blazey lose to a combo team!! I dont think that perran are dead certs for the title either. Good to see stapes back playing and scoring with ihs first touch!! Well done Perran

Grant my friend, you ought to be careful before you start getting renamed "rant"!

I am confused this morning for a couple of reasons and I agree 100% that you are entitled to your opinion..... and therefore so am I and here it is.

Firstly, what exactly was the prediction that you are reffering to from last year that you claim to be right about exactly? Or were you under the impression Dave and myself were under instruction to assemble a whole new squad to win the inaugural first SWPL Premier League?! Because I can assure you we were'nt and nor did we set ourselves such a target, so I would like to hear precisely what you were right about.

Secondly, you do seem to have a slight gripe with St Blazey. Maybe it derives from the fact that like most SW League teams, you couldnt beat them during the last decade of the league? Maybe that YOU never yourself got the opportunity to pull on a Green & Black shirt and are now a liitle envious of the players who are? Maybe due to the ongoing and sustained success of the club you now find it neccesary to berate the club in general (i.e. paying £4 addmission)? Or maybe, and just maybe, you are secretly a Green & Black trying to get out?

Anyhow I speak as I find and I too spent many a season with several different SW League Clubs trying to get one over on the best Club during the last decade of the league and I have to say I was very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to last season become the Assistant Manager of such a fantastic club with fantastic people behind the scenes and not only officers of the club but the many that give up plenty of their time as a labour of love, not to mention the extemey valuable and dedicated supporters of the club.

I therefore find it insulting towards the club to accuse them of over pricing admission prices, believe me Grant as I know first hand myself, it is is a tough world out there at the moment for businesses and that includes St Blazey FC and not only as a Football Club but a Social Club also. Also for someone who to my knowledge has no previous experience of management or coaching at the level in question, you certainly have alot to say about people who do.

If the quality is not to your liking and the admission price is not to your liking either, spare yourself the drive and concentrate on your own beloved Club closer to home and help to support them through tough times and let the powers to be, the supporters and the new players and management of St Blazey FC take care of their own.

As previously stated this is only my opinion in reply to your's G'rant' so please do not take offence.

Phil Lafferty

Grant my friend, you ought to be careful before you start getting renamed "rant"!

I am confused this morning for a couple of reasons and I agree 100% that you are entitled to your opinion..... and therefore so am I and here it is.

Firstly, what exactly was the prediction that you are reffering to from last year that you claim to be right about exactly? Or were you under the impression Dave and myself were under instruction to assemble a whole new squad to win the inaugural first SWPL Premier League?! Because I can assure you we were'nt and nor did we set ourselves such a target, so I would like to hear precisely what you were right about.

Secondly, you do seem to have a slight gripe with St Blazey. Maybe it derives from the fact that like most SW League teams, you couldnt beat them during the last decade of the league? Maybe that YOU never yourself got the opportunity to pull on a Green & Black shirt and are now a liitle envious of the players who are? Maybe due to the ongoing and sustained success of the club you now find it neccesary to berate the club in general (i.e. paying £4 addmission)? Or maybe, and just maybe, you are secretly a Green & Black trying to get out?

Anyhow I speak as I find and I too spent many a season with several different SW League Clubs trying to get one over on the best Club during the last decade of the league and I have to say I was very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to last season become the Assistant Manager of such a fantastic club with fantastic people behind the scenes and not only officers of the club but the many that give up plenty of their time as a labour of love, not to mention the extemey valuable and dedicated supporters of the club.

I therefore find it insulting towards the club to accuse them of over pricing admission prices, believe me Grant as I know first hand myself, it is is a tough world out there at the moment for businesses and that includes St Blazey FC and not only as a Football Club but a Social Club also. Also for someone who to my knowledge has no previous experience of management or coaching at the level in question, you certainly have alot to say about people who do.

If the quality is not to your liking and the admission price is not to your liking either, spare yourself the drive and concentrate on your own beloved Club closer to home and help to support them through tough times and let the powers to be, the supporters and the new players and management of St Blazey FC take care of their own.

As previously stated this is only my opinion in reply to your's G'rant' so please do not take offence.

Phil Lafferty

laffs i was at st blazey on the last day of the season,when truro beat them 5-0,but falmouth piped them to the league scoring a fluke goal in the last min,against wadebride,i think,then for the next ten yrs or so we all know what happened,even man utd went down,so like i have said before,enjoy it now because no one knows what can happen in the future,clubs have different times enjoy them now like i am at truro because iam not daft enough to think it will last forever :drink:

To answer a few questions at once:

A short paragraph isn't a rant!! (But this may be?)

I didn't know about the game at mount wise until 6.30 that day so couldn't make it. When are the other fixtures?

Nowhere in my post have I mentioned over pricing. Just that I paid to watch so allowed my opinion ( the £6 to watch truro was however far better value for money)

I predicted at the start of last season that with the st blazey squad they would struggle in the new swpl league- up until x mas (struggled with the squad!!) they did, then they had a great second half of the season once the squad was ADDED to!!

Player loyalty? For some it lasted one season- others less.

Coaching- I have coaching badges, coaching for county schools football and other coaching organsiations and since having had to stop playing football due to back problems I was offered 3 managing/coaching position for 3 senior clubs this year!!

Ive managed teams for the last 3 years in the schools fantasy football and never finished outside the top 3. Also came in the top 5,000 in the country once in the telegraph fantasy football although didn't do too well in the more recent Euro 2008 competition or the IS'EM TIS'EM WAS'EM fantasy league run by Glen Squires!!!

Not jealous that I didn't play for St Blazey as I wasn't good enough. Played at my level and enjoyed it.

Ta, RANT

Guest Peppermint

Grant - all the pre season fixtures are on the Club Web Site - www.clubsite.co.uk/newquay/

The fixtures for both teams for the Peninsula and Combination Leagues are also on there.

Hopefully we will see you at Mount Wise for some matches.

Guest Postie Pidge

laffs i was at st blazey on the last day of the season,when truro beat them 5-0,but falmouth piped them to the league scoring a fluke goal in the last min,against wadebride

Dave Sweet can only lay claim to an assist as Bodmin 'keeper Simon Burtenshaw helped the ball into the net from Sweeter's indirect free kick. Ah the good old days....

Grant dont put yourself down, yes you are right you are not that good, but even with your dodgy back, you would still be able to make the Blazey line up, at centre back, left back, centre mid or even in goal. I know they wont pay as well as the golf compettions you keep winning, but at least you will get to see your mate laffs more often! :SM_carton_y:

laffs i was at st blazey on the last day of the season,when truro beat them 5-0,but falmouth piped them to the league scoring a fluke goal in the last min,against wadebride

Dave Sweet can only lay claim to an assist as Bodmin 'keeper Simon Burtenshaw helped the ball into the net from Sweeter's indirect free kick. Ah the good old days....

nearly right pidge,not bad for an old man in a hammock :clapper:

Grant dont put yourself down, yes you are right you are not that good, but even with your dodgy back, you would still be able to make the Blazey line up, at centre back, left back, centre mid or even in goal. I know they wont pay as well as the golf compettions you keep winning, but at least you will get to see your mate laffs more often! :SM_carton_y:

I doubt he would as I am no longer at the club.