Cornwall Football Forum

A question for the people in the know.

Whats the rules on wearing under armour?

I know that shorts have to be the same colour as the teams shorts. No problem. I thought this was the same with the shirt. Last season i had a black under armour due to having a red and black striped kit. This was okay for the majority of the time then around the christmas period i was told it had to be red one week and black the other.

This has left me confused at to what colour is correct for our strip. Would just like to get this sorted now as it will save refs time throughout the season.

:thumbsup:

Guest plonker

under armour as to be the same coluor as your shorts and for your shirts if not the same it as to be taken off or you can,t play

Guest crosser

What the f is "under armour"?

What is the game coming to?

It's never been the same since they insisted on everyone wearing shin pads.

What's next, crash helmets with a grill on the front?

you shouldn't joke about things like that :o

helmet.jpg

Whats the rules on wearing under armour?

I know that shorts have to be the same colour as the teams shorts. No problem. I thought this was the same with the shirt. Last season i had a black under armour due to having a red and black striped kit. This was okay for the majority of the time then around the christmas period i was told it had to be red one week and black the other.

This has left me confused at to what colour is correct for our strip. Would just like to get this sorted now as it will save refs time throughout the season.

:thumbsup:

Under garment, be it thermal, cool or for fashion has to be the same colour as the main colour on the shorts and this also applies to the shirt, so unless you can a black and red striped one, I would suggest that you get one of each, so if one ref tells you it is red then you can change and viceversa.

The problem comes when when the opposition team are in a colour of shirt that just happens to be your under garment colour, but as with everything there should be a degree of common sense appllied to these applications of the law, didn't really have a problem last year, if the top was the same colour as the vest, then I just asked the player to roll up his sleves.

The problem comes when, and for arguments sake lets say Mousehole, (sorry Jeff) all last season they wore green tops, yet the vast majority of their players had white under garments on, now this clearly contraveins the laws of the game.

I think this is a public information issue, if you haven't been told, how would you know? The authorities should and can do a lot more to help footballers understand the laws of the game by providing information before it happens.

In all cases, if you do not know or are unsure, then please ask, either on here or give county a ring, someone somewhere will point you in the right direction.

On another point, some refs get a manuel of guidence each year, do players? if not why not? layers are just as if not more so important than refs.

I also believe that it is the duty of the club be it manager, secretary or whoever to inform players of what is required of them during a game of football.

Refs do not make the laws we just apply them.

last year where we wore claret and blue I wore a white long sleeved under garment and only one ref told me to take it off - instead i just rolled the sleeves up and he was happy with that. All other refs were fine so its probably down to the individual ref

last year where we wore claret and blue I wore a white long sleeved under garment and only one ref told me to take it off - instead i just rolled the sleeves up and he was happy with that. All other refs were fine so its probably down to the individual ref

well this season you now know better.....don't forget this is not a FA ruling it is a FIFA ruling. :D

SIMPLE, WEAR A LONG SLEEVED SHIRT.

THE LAW APPLIES TO SOMEBODY IN A SHORT SLEEVED SHIRT WITH A LONG SLEEVED SHIRT UNDERNEATH !

I HAD A HAND BALL INCIDENT LAST YEAR (MANAGED TO GET THIS ONE RIGHT FOR A CHANGE) WHERE I SAW A RED ARM PUNCH THE BALL JUST PAST THE FAR POST.

AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A DEFENDER SO MY INTIAL THOUGHT WAS TO GIVE A PENALTY AND REACH FOR THE POCKET. ON SECOND GLANCE I REALISED THAT IT WAS AN ATTACKING PLAYER ATTEMPTING (BADLY) TO SCORE BY PUNCHING THE BALL.

ON THIS OCCASION THE YELLOW CARD CAME OUT AND WE HAD A FREE KICK TO THE REDS, BUT HAD I BEEN A BIT BLINKERED OR SHORT-SIGHTED.................................................

What the f is "under armour"?

What is the game coming to?

It's never been the same since they insisted on everyone wearing shin pads.

What's next, crash helmets with a grill on the front?

I still haven't a clue what "Under armour" is. The idea of a steel breast plate under my shirt is appealing. I might make 10 stone and be able to lean on players a bit.

One of they suits of armour with spikes would make the game a little more interesting. I think defenders should be allowed to carry a mace as well.

Why stop at armour?

I suppose guns would be a bit over the top in today's political climate. Landmines may be considered acceptable if they are carefully mapped. (Would the insurance pay up for a foot blown off?)

Sorry, getting silly. But, bloody armour!

Thanks for the replies! Just stick with the black and hope it doesn't get picked up.

oldasitgets! Class, your insight to under armour is awesome, has made me laugh. Under Armour is a label of skin tight garment worn under your shirt designed to keep you warm in the winter months.

Alot of people say its for wimps and you should learn to take the cold but to be honest i would advise it to anyone.

oldasitgets! Class, your insight to under armour is awesome, has made me laugh. Under Armour is a label of skin tight garment worn under your shirt designed to keep you warm in the winter months.

Oh, I see now. It's a sort of bin liner that doesn't rustle.

You must admit that "under armour" sounds like the sort of stuff the Americans wear for their stupid game.

(They call it "football" and rarely kick it. They score "touch downs" and don't!)

Under Armour is a trade name for "base layers" worn by many professional footballers and athletes in all diciplines.

There's a great piece about them and their advantages to players in issue 4 of Total Youth Football magazine.

The Canterbury version as worn by Portsmouth exclusively in the Premier League is supposed to improve player performance by 2.7%.

It goes on about the material wicking away sweat so that you don't carry it around with you on your shirt throughout the duration of the game, and how it keeps muscles in line and helps prevent injury.

The article also contains a section from a doctor who says she wouldn't recommend buying them for younger children because they are constantly growing and they need to fit perfectly for them to be of any use.

The whole thing is very informative and produced with some scientific evidence to support certain claims.

Whether you subscribe to base layers is up to you, but I wear one when I cycle in the winter when it's cold and it keeps me warm on the road, but when I stop I don't get cold so quickly because the sweat wicks away and doesn't stay on you.

They are technical garments which come in 2 categories really.

One wicks moisture away as a'stay dry' and 'stay warm' effect.

The other aims to control temerature transfer through the garment, with a 'stay cool' effect.

It is correct that young children are advised not to wear them, just as they are advised not to wear boots that fit too tightly.

(But lets be honest they are mainly a fashion accessory now...... Whitney has always been a ponce!)

But before you say it Whitney no I don't wear them... Belly + tight top = Support Bra!

At least im not wearing stupid colour boots any more pricey !! I would not say anything like that mate - last i heard you had slimmed down to a C cup :thumbsup:

I have no problems with the ref telling me to take it off etc.... my cycling shorts match my shorts and i only have white ones as thats what they had it one and all sports at the time. Are you going to buy a black one to wear under your refs shirt stig ??

Under Armour is a trade name for "base layers" worn by many professional footballers and athletes in all diciplines.

The Canterbury version as worn by Portsmouth exclusively in the Premier League is supposed to improve player performance by 2.7%.

I gather that 85% of all statistics are made up on the spur of the moment. That sounds like one of them. (That statistic certainly was!)

There are too many variables to realistically measure "performance" to within 1 part in 1000, which a figure of 2.7% implies. An individual players "performance" under identical conditions will vary by huge amounts if he's had a row with the missus or forgot to recharge his mobile.

Exactly what aspect of football is "performance"? Passes made? shots on target? Positive support for teammates? Helping with the nets? Paying subs on time?

It sounds like " Test show that this product improves hair gloss by 68%." - Just as for "performance", there is no agreed unit for hair gloss that can be repeatably and consistently measured. It's just an advertising term like "soft as a baby's bum".

Sorry Tommy, but have they compared base armour with a bin liner, when it's sleeting and blowing a gale? Or just when its bloody cold.

They may well be very nice to play in. No problem with that. But suggesting psuedo-scientific figures is a bit too much.

Whens the friendly mate ??

Seems easier for teams with striped shirts for players to not bother wearing a longsleeved body armour. I wear a Canterbury underlayer and to be honest i dont feel 2.7% better - my passings still sh!t and my second touch is still a tackle

Sorry, the figure of 2.8% suggests that "performance" can be measured to one part in a 1000, not one part in a 100, as I originally wrote.

How unscientific can that be? No one with any scientific or mathematical knowledge would make such a claim.

Unless they're dishonest.

I've corrected the earlier post.

I do apologise to you Tommy, I'm not attacking you. I just dislike big business exploiting our weaknesses in Maths and Science to promote their products. (I blame the bloody teachers.)

See also the Lottery and homeopathetic "remedies".