Cornwall Football Forum

Edgcumbe

Guest ECPL Supporter

well well well, its all going off.

Some big games this wknd, anyone fancy Torpoint to get a result at St. Dennis? I fancy a draw if Torpoint front line are firing, apart from them they are just average. Could be a good weekend for the Edgcumbe if results go their way. I heard the Edgcumbe right back is a bit dodgy but their left back is a quality player, he has had links with Coventry City apparently.

It's gonna be out of Edgcumbe and St Dennis for the league, could come down to the head to head between the two and thats 1-0 Edgcumbe so far.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunniplayer

Pensilva v Looe Town (away win)

St Dennis v Torpoint Athletic (home win)

Gunnislake v St Teath (score draw)

Edgcumbe v St Mawgan (home win)

To ECPL neither did Elburton, Parkway or Plymton as they weren't in Duchy Premier last season. What sort of message does that send out to the clubs playing in the Duchy Leagues?????

To Edgecumbe Supporter why do you get narky when people question anything regarding Edgecumbe? Sorry, I mean ECPL Supporter. Here do you stamp your little feet when you do read them ha ha ha ha. :D

Guest ECPL Supporter

No Garf, it cracks me up when i read stupid comments from half wits like you. But i don't know why i bother trying to explain anything to you, i mean, you can't educate pork can you!!!

i dont think an incident in the paper regarding a team photo helped edgcumbe to be honest, after all they had all the facilities and are clearly good enough. If you look at St.stephens boro doing so well in that league then i think most teams could compete in their from duchy prem. Parkway are clearly the team to beat, but Edgcumbe played them pre season and won 5-1. The scoreline doesnt suggest the game though it was a very tight match and edgcumbe literally took their chances whereas parkway didnt.

Be interesting to see how torpoint get on against St Dennis. St dennis are a very good side, but as someone has already suggested they are a bit suspect at the back, and torpoint front 2 or 3 on their day rival anybodys, especially if mutley has a good day. i can see a few goals in this game but i think st dennis will nick it.

edgcumbe will smash st mawgan, dunno bout st teath havent seen them this season but gunnislake are a tough nut to crack - if they are up for it.

ha ha and the left back scored a Worldy!!!

some massive results yesterday, especially for torpoint away from home at the 'favourites' st.dennis - with 10 men!! edgcumbe expectidly won and won well, against a good st.mawgan team to be fair, and gunny dropped more points to st teath u look to be going well. be an interesting game next week St.teath v edgcumbe 2 good footballing teams on a nice pitch. league is starting to shape up now.

Thanks for the comments about the pitch we are having some work done on it this week,it may look a little out of order but hopefully it should improve the drainage for the winter months.To be fair gunni pushed us a bit but we looked comfortable winners in the end.Sorry Garf but perhaps you need to look at the defending,your right winger is as good as you will get at this level based on his performance yesterday,senior clubs will soon notice him.

Guest ECPL Supporter

ECPL supporter - nice interview in the paper, do u have the medal to prove your senior cup victory?!

How would i know Bigdawg? Lol, but i'm sure if you asked him nicely he'd bring it round to your house next time he's there. Skyblues- surely that's a tricky tie for you? And i could see an upset in the Torpoint v Bodmin Saints game- Torpoint could get a result Lol- only joking tafc gaffa!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Ha ha expect the unexpected then kitbag hey? Should be a good one sat shouldn't it? You boys undefeated and Edgcumbe 100% record. Something's got to give

Probably my heart mate,the boys dont make it easy for me.The edgecumbe lads remind me very much of the old Biscovey side years ago,they had players who would have graced any senior league,some defected from St blazey at the time.That is praise of the highest order,sorry borough but although you won the league last year dont think you where as good as this lot.

Boro were definaltey our bogey side, we battered them home and away but they done us in both. they are what i call very efficient! bit like chelsea!! cannot wait till tmrw, should be a great game and as u say ecpl, something has to give. was a very tough game down there a few years ago expecting the same tmrw. gotta few injuries but hopefully we'll cope.

We have a few missing as well,on bloody holiday, never mind all the lads will give 100% i am sure.A couple of seasons ago you hammererd us at yours and then the following week i think we had all the posession and you scored an early and late goal ,a draw probably would have been the right result that day.All the lads that have stepped down from senior football and play here now, are shocked how good the standard is.We all know that you lads are the team to beat,anyone who hasn t got a game should catch this one.See you at the game.

We have a few missing as well,on bloody holiday, never mind all the lads will give 100% i am sure.A couple of seasons ago you hammererd us at yours and then the following week i think we had all the posession and you scored an early and late goal ,a draw probably would have been the right result that day.All the lads that have stepped down from senior football and play here now, are shocked how good the standard is.We all know that you lads are the team to beat,anyone who hasn t got a game should catch this one.See you at the game.

Great result fot The saints today winning 2 1 against the previously unbeaten Edgecumbe,good advert for junior football,Saints completely dominated the first half ,Edgecumbe shades the second.The crowd enjoyed a great game the junior cup game will be as good i am sure.This league will go to the wire,i still think Looe and torpoint will have a massive say.My thoughts at the moment are with Steve Hewitt father of our right back Mike who is very unwell in hospital,football must take a back seat,thanks to the lads from Edgecumbe you where very sporting throughout,all the best for the season

yes definately shows how good the standard of this league is after yesterdays game. we didnt turn up for the 1st half hour which is very unlike us, and deserved to be 2-0 down at the break, but i felt we did enough to take a point after the second half performance where i felt we dominated just couldnt really create that chance. it will go to the wire though, and with 6 or 7 teams in this league able to take points of each other im sure there will be plenty of twists and turns yet!!

haha. just read the write up! if your talking about players missing then we had 4 out!! u also missed out us hitting the post in the first half and dominating u in the 2nd. u were holding on at the end not 'seeing it out'! your goals were our mistakes. i have never read such a 1 sided write up. it should be joke of the week!

Did reply this morning sky blue dont know what happened to it,sorry if thought the report was unfair,just to confirm that i actually praised you lot up and conceded that you wher the better side in the second half.The second goal scorer for us was Darren Burden and not Addie Jeffs,he is on holiday you will meet him in a couple of weeks.I am not getting into stupid arguements and dont write the reports,i will say though that we dont expect to win every game and i am sure we will drop further points as the result against Pensilva showed.You lads are a good side so are we, lets enjoy the banter and go from there.Agree with your skipper any one from 6 or so can win this league,Looe town are continually winning they will have a say.See you lads in a couple of weeks.

i dont neccessarily think 1 of 6 teams can win it, but i def think out of those 6 teams anyone can beat anyone. When it comes to winning it you need the consistency of winning every week. Like you said kitbag, with your lads you think more points will be dropped, and in fairness as you showed on saturday, you are clearly good enough to beat teams like pensilva but you obviously feel that you have too many 'off days'. and they are the games to be winning. However i do think it will be out of ourselves, st teath and st dennis (still). Not sure about torpoint they are prone to dropping silly points like they did at alturnun and havent seen looe so cant comment on that. It is a lot better this year though with so much competition, you can look at more games and say either team can get a result. its got to be one of the best premier divisons for a while.

Well put skipper ,i really enjoyed the banter and the game on saturday,sorry your manager had to leave the ground all a bit silly,i should be sent from every ground every week,it really is only in the heat of the moment.I know that consistency is the name of the game ,keeping the squad happy is never easy especially at a village club,i found it a lot easier at Wadebridge,but it means so much more at this level.You lads competed very well and i have no doubt that you and St Dennis will finish in the top three

Your right biddawg the standard is very good this year and anyone can beat anyone. You are also correct in the fact the most consistent team will win the league, however i don't think St Dennis can win it.

Edgcumbe and St Teath will contest the title with Torpoint 3rd.

Saints however will retain the Knockout Cup and Will go very Close in the Junior Cup. If we can make it to the Divisional Final and Junior Cup Final we will be hard to beat, a lot of big DAY Players will come through if we can get there.

Local Derby against Foxhole on Saturday i will expect a lot of post from the ccfa next week.

Hello jonny,think you may be right about the junior cup,not sure about the ko cup ,we quite fancy that ,the draw has not been to bad to us.The league,cant agree with you there you lads will come very strong as the season goes on,i think you may be playing yourself down a little,we are top at the moment but look at the games we have Looe away ,Edgcumbe away ,Torpoint away,you away,let alone to local games at Altarnun .Of course St Dennis can win it but i still say Looe town will come good.I am sure that all of us despair at the time between fixtures that will have a huge effect on performances,teams will lose players who are inactive 22 games not enough at this level.I dont blame the league at all just progreess i suppoes.Anyway mate how is Ryan Hayhurst now, hope he has returned after falling out of the latest window.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Hello jonny,think you may be right about the junior cup,not sure about the ko cup ,we quite fancy that ,the draw has not been to bad to us.

Didn't realise you could pick what cup you're going to win!

Only allowed to play in the 2 cups, so why not express an interest to win them.

Yes your right Willie we have played Edgcumbe Torpoint Looe Pensilva and had Altunun away so hopefully we might be able to pick up some points from the lower teams at present in the league. We will have to see. Forgot to say Great result Saturday.

i think everyone appreciates you dont always have to be the best team to win a cup competition, as Kitbag says he feels they have a favourable draw, but i imagine most teams feel they have a great chance of winning both cups this season, as we have all said anyone can pretty much beat anyone from the top 6. With a cup game its just one result, how well you play on one day, a couple of dodgy decisions and you could be out, so the cups are harder to call. Usually the teams who dont really compete for the league tend to do well in the knockout cup (St Dennis last 2 years) as they can focus completley on that competition. I really hope Edgcumbe do well in the Junior Cup at least as i do like a good cup final!!

The good thing about all this banter is the respect we all have for each other and what each club is trying to achieve,thanks johnny for your comments,and glad we have put the record straight SkyBlue.I would like to offer some support to Padstow Utd,any one who remembers the battles we used to have when we not quite so friendly! may understand my point of view on there plight at the moment.All of us at the moment are enjoying a little bit of succsess just like Padstow had done,people leave and things change it can happen to anyone of our clubs and probably will do in the future.Surely the time has come to look at how clubs playing at the higher levels can sustain the added costs,and pressures associated with that league year in year out.

I feel for the people at Padstow that are trying to keep things going,St Dennis suffererd a similar fate a couple of years ago,lets not knock clubs like these but maybe we should all encourage the FA or the county to look again at doing away with senor and junior staus,each club would then find its own level suited to there circumstances at that time.

Guest gunniplayer

ECPL supporter you do make me laugh to think gunni wil be heading to division 1 next season. i wil bet you £50 we wont get relegated this season.

Gunniplayer, don't bite. I think he's only jesting. If not then he really doesn't know what he's talking about. You lot will be absolutely fine and if you can add a couple of players I am sure you will have a big say in who wins the league.

I do hope you finish high enough to be able to apply for the ECPL. I only found out the other day that there were a couple of people (one person in particular) that is keen to keep you out of the ECPL. I was a little surprised as I always had a lot of time for the bloke.

Still, you get yourselves up there and let the people that care about the club sort the rest out.

Good luck tommorrow at St Stephen and I might even be down to watch myself!

Guest ECPL Supporter

You're right Southy, i was only jesting- never even seen them play. Didn't let me down by biting though did he. But as for them getting promoted, granted as i said never watched them but judging on the teams i do know about that is a big ask. Even top 5 is a big ask i'd say

goalmachine999, u seem pretty confident. st teath will be up there but im not 100% if theyd win it. when we played you we were awful 1st half, and apart from your 2 goals u still didnt really cause us problems. u will be up there tho, put i personally think st dennis are a better side, with better players.

good win for us today at pensilva, they are a good side, and we had all of our back 4 out injured or working! lads who came in did very well, back on track!!now looking forward to junior cup next week!!!