Cornwall Football Forum

Edgcumbe

Guest ECPL Supporter

Guest ECPL Supporter

Now that St Dom and St Steph Boro have been promoted can anyone see past Edgcumbe winning the title? Torpoint push them maybe?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECPL Supporter

Good point. Edgcumbe actually played them in a pre season friendly last season and beat them 5-1. Is anyone else coming up quite tidy? As judging on the points difference last season no one will touch them from the duchy premier

• 2 weeks later...

ALTURNUN, ST TEATH AND LOOE TOWN ARE ALL COMING UP (UNOFFICIALLY) TO THE PREMIER DIVISION AND WILL NOT BE SHOWING ANY FEAR IF THEIR RECENT FORM IS ANYTHING TO GO BY. I REFFED ALL THREE LAST SEASON AND THEY WERE VERY IMPRESSIVE.

THERE ARE A FEW OLD RIVALRIES THAT WILL BE REKINDLED NEXT SEASON SO IT SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING INDEED.

I DON'T KNOW WHO'S TRANFERRING WHERE IN THE SUMMER AND WE DON'T KNOW WHO'S DROPPING OUT OF THE ECPL SO IT IS TOO CLOSE TO CALL JUST YET.

Hi Shane hows it going in the posh end of St Dennis

The Duchy Premier is going to be a very good league next year with some good footballing sides.

I would however like to point out that the Knockout cup winners for the last 2 seasons St Dennis will be very strong next year and are looking to enter senior football for 2009/2010

Good luck all.

Shane what you doing next year?

Guest ECPL Supporter

I RECKON ST SDENNIS WILL BE THERE

Edgcumbe were very strong and have signed ECPL Champions Torpoints fringe players for the coming season. Looks like they mean business

Guest gunniplayer

having played against edgcumbe last season in the league i would have to say they are the strong favourites to win the league this season if they continue to play the same style of football as they did last season its going to be very tough to beat them.

torpoint, st dennis and hopefully us will run them close during the new season. having played the teams coming up to our league last season in different cup competitions i reckon st teath will be the team that will cause a few surprises.

Reckon St. Dennis will be a force next season in there attempt to get back into senior football. Torpoint will be up there aswell with their forward options. I expect Looe and St. Teath to do well aswell. Personally do not think Edgcumbe will win it, top 5 though. As for my team, St. Mawgan, another hard season coming up I think, would be more than happy with survival!

• 3 months later...
Guest ECPL Supporter

Good point. Edgcumbe actually played them in a pre season friendly last season and beat them 5-1. Is anyone else coming up quite tidy? As judging on the points difference last season no one will touch them from the duchy premier

You can't say i didn't warn you boys!!!

PREMIER DIVISION up to and including the 20th September

ST.TEATH 4 3 1 0 13 3 10 10

GUNNISLAKE 5 3 1 1 22 16 10 6

EDGCUMBE 3 3 0 0 17 2 9 15

ALTARNUN 5 2 1 2 13 17 7 -4

TORPOINT ATHLETIC 3 2 0 1 13 9 6 4

ST.DENNIS 3 2 0 1 8 5 6 3

ST.MAWGAN 3 1 1 1 4 7 4 -3

PENSILVA 4 0 3 1 5 7 3 -2

LOOE TOWN 3 1 0 2 5 8 3 -3

LAMERTON 3 0 1 2 2 5 1 -3

FOXHOLE 2 0 0 2 2 9 0 -7

LAUNCESTON UNITED 4 0 0 4 6 22 0 -16

Guest ECPL Supporter

Edgcumbe V's Gunnislake on Saturday 27th September. Should be a good game to watch

Yeah it should. Edgcumbe are full strength for the 1st time this season,

Guest gunniplayer

yeh i do boss.im thrilled neil davey has taken mine, mini and jarryd's advice to come join us. Edcumbe are a quality team so its going to be down us to show them and the rest of the league that we want to be one of the leading teams in this league. prediction 1-2 (im gona score both ha ha ha like thats gona happen) :lol:

Edgecumbe capable of beating should win the title,but St Dennis have the fire power to beat anyone,Looe town wont lose many at home but may struggle on the road,as for St teath as we proved last year we are capable of beating anyone ask the lads at borough,consistency will be the problem.The lads are all local with the exception of Darren Roose my problem as manager is that i may be to loyal at times,but i am confident that the lads will give 100% ,lets see where that takes us.I could take the other route and bring in established players from higher levels but at the moment i would have to look at at least ecpl prem to improve the squad,look at what has happenend to St newlyn east all clubs will have to improve if they are to survive.The county should not have allowed the second senior league at ecpl level but all of us in the duchy premier league now need to part of that to hold onto players just to stay alive.Best of luck to all the teams i am sure that every manager wants to win every game i am no different.

Elia very strong statement going to win every game. Good result at St Dennis where the keeper had a mare and Saints having 4 players missing didn't help.

St Dennis will be there at the end and Edgcumbe will have to score more goals then the saints to win the title. Watched Looe Town not a bad passing side, need a couple of older heads and they will be a team to beat aswell. The standard so far in games i have watched involving Saints has been very high.

Missed the Edgcumbe game but were told they have a strong team.

Saints home to Torpoint after Junior Cup Weekend.

Top Five

St Dennis

Edgcumbe

St Teath

Looe Town

Gunnislake

Yes a little biased, good luck all this weekend

Edgecumbe very strong side but st stephens stronger last year and they dropped points.I agree with batessy anyone ,can score more goals then St dennis will win the league.Looe town will figure in the mix without question ,remember they beat St Dennis 9 2 in the junior cup last Year.Thank you for putting St Teath in such a high posistion,but consistency will be our problem,could go to St Dennis and win then lose at Launceston.Any team that finishes with over 55 points will win it.WE have 13 at the moment who knows.The sad thing for me is players at this level are probably stronger than the majority in ecpl 2.Look at st stephens borough again ,the pitches that we play on make a huge difference .The basic requirements for succsess in any league is pace and power,St Dennis have this in abundance and i would say that Edgcumbe where by far the best team we played 2 seasons ago.Torpoint will also have a say leaving St Teath out because i really havent got a clue where we will be my predicition

1 Edgecumbe

2 St Dennis

3 Looe

4 gunnislake

5 torpoint

We might get in ther somewhere Regards Will

Guest gunniplayer

this is my prediction for top 5 this season

1- Edgcumbe

2- St Dennis

3- Torpoint

4- Gunnislake

5- St Teath

Having played Edgcumbe on saturday i would have to say that their even stronger team than last year but season is still young anything could happen throughout the season.

Guest ECPL Supporter

What u on about, anyone who will score more GOALS than St Dennis? Edgcumbe will get more POINTS and win it, simple as that really. And going on a comment that St Dennis had 4 players out, Edgcumbe had a few missing as well

Guest ECPL Supporter

I hope Edgcumbe win the League and get promoted yeah, as they deserve to!! So who are St Dennis best players who were missing then?

WE all think we deserve to win it ECLP supporter and i should think that Edgecumbe should be clear favourites,i dont suppose they suffer as much from players leaving to play at a higher level,they have been together for a few years now.St Dennis will get stronger as the season goes on i suspect,they will pick up players from the senior ranks around that area.St Teath on the other hand are a target once again for senior clubs ,wont mention any names but at least players that play for me respect me enough to report when they have been tapped up,really,boys just follow the rules and put in the approach if you wish.I will say that a couple of senior lads may join us in the not to distance future cant tell you who though must put in the approach first.A final comment i am glad St Teath have a bye in the junior cup this week,and all of us in the prem should be glad to avoid St clear or Bodmin Saints in the cups this year,they are as good as any of us,i can tell you that.

Guest st george9

Not seen much of edgecumbe this year, but last season i played them and found them to be strong, and a really good football side...we beat them home and away but we were lucky to get a win at their ground as they outplayed us..as for going the season unbeaten or dropping a point that is tough ask as we at stephens boro went close ,but found once we had won the title with a few games to spare we slacked off and dropped alot of points....still they would hold their own in east cornwall......

Just like to add that i think most of the better teams in the Premier would hold there own in the Ecpl Div One. Its also good to see that all the teams mentioned Edgcumbe , Torpoint , St Teath , Gunnislake and Looe all play good football.

It's a credit we can all come on here and say our bit about other teams without the nasty side of name calling coming out.

Gareth Geach, Chris Bird and Richard Hawke to name 3 that were missing ECPL Supporter. Gareth came from Roche, Chris came from St Blazey this season both wide players and in my opinion (ONLY ECPL ) Richard Hawke probably the best player in this league on his day.

Good to have the crack as the irish would say,Ryan is a solid player but not so off the pitch ,i know him very well from work .Nasty liitle sod on the pitch nice lad off it. The St Dennis lads are very competitive but are a social bunch afterwards,now i know the players they have to come back,i think they may well be champions.We will of course do our best to stop them,and look forward to the challenge,Hope Ryan performs a few more stunts though.I took a look at Edgecumbe over the weekend look very good going forward,release the ball well,but maybe a little shaky at the back,should be an interesting season.

Guest ECPL Supporter

I took a look at Edgecumbe over the weekend look very good going forward,release the ball well,but maybe a little shaky at the back,should be an interesting season.

That's an interesting comment kitbag considering they kept a clean sheet???

Guest ECPL Supporter

It's interesting you should say that as it's their left and right backs that have ECPL experience, in fact they have both played in the old Jewson South Western League so not a great observation i would say!!!! Taxi for Garf

Guest ECPL Supporter

Which old Jewson Club did the left back play for? Is that why he is playing for your lot now? Oh, Forget the Taxi bud i will walk........... :rolleyes:

My lot?? He doesn't play for my lot, he plays for Edgcumbe, you even said that yourself. You ok there Garf? You're havin one aint ya?!!! You sure you don't want that taxi?

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Skyblues you should know better than reacting to garf. In all fairness kitbag we did make a lot of changes for saturdays game. Including our two centre backs, so that might be the reason behind your observation. But i think, nay, i know youre wrong when you say get at our full backs, as ECPL said they have the most experience in the whole team. Trust me, I play in front of one of them!

I thought that edgecumbe must have rested a couple of lads against queens rangers,spoke to the ref half time who commented that perhaps you where not so smart at the back but we both agreed that you knock the ball around very well,even in those conditions you do look a quality outfit.A couple of sesons ago St teath played some decent stuff we to had to players who had played for wadebridge in the old southwestern league the year before,playing at the back,problem was we couldnt score and the season passed us by.This year we have a couple of younger lads at back keen to impress and the more experinced lads up front,should make for a better balance but as i have said before i think this season may be a bit to soon for us.Looking forward to saturdays game with you boys garf will have a beer after whatever happens ,hope the lad who was injured last week is on the mend we all wish him well.