Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer Rumours

Guest Luffy

Firstly Luffy mate, You're spot on about how Spurs's defence must surely be a priority. Hopefully this link is a clear indication that Ramos agrees with us?.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...p;TEAMHD=soccer

As for Jenas, you say you see him as "overrated".. Stop being so bloody nice mate and say what we surely all must think. "He has a hell of an engine on him and is probably the best player in the Premiership when it comes to being a box to box player BUT he CAN'T pass, he CAN'T shoot and he'll never reach his potential"..

Consider the fact that Spurs paid some £8million for him as one of the most promising players in the country at 19 years old and now he's 24 or 25 years old and he hasn't progressed at all. Surely he's had long enough to prove that he just isn't going to get any better?. OR maybe Ramos can finally make the lad get some consistency in his game?. There must be something in his game because he's constantly picked by his manager, whether that be at club or International level. He started and scored in Capellos first game in charge and Capello openly said he was gutted that Jenas had to withdraw from the last selected squad.

My worry is that we have another player like Jenas, his name is Lennon. The lad can run like Forrest Gump chasing a naked Jenny across hot coals BUT unfortunately he can't even cross his fingers let alone a ball and he couldn't even pass the parcel, the useless midget.

So to Berbastrop, when Ramos took over, he said "The british transfer record would have to be broken" if a team wanted to get Berba from Tottenham. I believe the record is £30million(ish), so a bid of £31million was what it was rumoured would be needed.It now appears that between £25million+30million would secure his services for a club in this country and a bid between £20million+25million would secure him for a club abroad. Personally I think that if we can get a bit of a bidding war going and get between £20million+£30million for the sulky genius, we should take it and run. Mustn't forget that the guy only cost £10.9million just two short years ago, so to get over 100% profit would once again represent some superb business.

As for your beloved Chelsea mate, I see what you're getting at with the £100million war chest BUT don't they spend that every summer? ;) .. just kidding fella.. I can see Deco being in a blue shirt next season (Lampard elsewhere?), Ronaldinho is not a totally crazy idea and Mr Abramovic wanted to do anything possible to sign the guy 2 years ago BUT Jose Mourinho didn't want him, so maybe the interest will resurface?.

If you're willing to let Wright-Phillips go to pastures new, how about a swap of Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole for Lennon, Ghaly, Zokora, Robinson, Dawson, Tainio, Gardner, Young Pyo, Chimbonda, Jenas, Stalteri, Rocha??? :thumbsup:

I think we may pass on the swap for Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole, not sure if the players are quite what Big Phil is looking for. In regards to Lampard I am not sure, I would like to see him stay, however, he may feel like a change, although I always thought he would go to spain due to her in doors being of that ilk.

Do you think that Ramos will buy Alves from Valencia. I think he would look for two keepers, a centre back and maybe another defensive midfield player. I have to admit I have been kind to Jenas as I really do not rate the guy, yes he can get from box to box but apart from that he has nothing going for him, I just do not see what his bosses see in him, then again I suppose he trains well. Lennon could be a decent player if he could get his crossing and passing together, I hope that someone like Ramos may bring the best out of him. It is such a shame that such pace is wasted due to lack of technical ability.

Good call on the figures for the Berbs 20+ however if you get a bidding war may be able to triple what you paid for him, great business and you possibly could bring in two really good players to help strengthen the squad/team. Bent looks like he will be on his way, which means you will have to have a new strike force. Who do you think he will bring in?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are certainly putting their money where their mouths are by signing players left right and centre, should be interesting when they start selling to balance the books, then we will see the ambition they have.

Spurs DON'T need to balance the books. We've got money to burn and then more to come in when the deadwood (Gardner,Young-Pyo,Stalteri,Ghaly,Tainio,Zokora,Jenas) and wantaways (Chimpbonda,Berbastrop) are shipped out.

We are by far the wealthiest club outside the top 4 and unlike all but one of those teams, we have NO DEBT. So that particular statement is totally pointless.

As is the statement about "signing players left right and centre".. We've made THREE signings, the 1st being Bostock (16 year old who is already aware that he will be with the reserves next season but may get a run out or two in the league cup), the 2nd being Modric and the 3rd being Dos Santos. So 2 players brought in to strengthen the 1st team, hardly signing players left right and centre, wouldn't you agree?.

course they got lots of money coopsie,there run bye JEWS :yahoo:

think after seeing him modric will be tottenhams answer to fabregas! he had a very good tournament.

Im looking foward to see which prem club arshavin will be linked too, he is having a great tournament! was exceptional against holland and inspired them to victory. brilliant to watch!

sad to see that its inevitable Ronaldo will leave. however, the way hes handled the situation and showed lack of respect disapoints me1 lack of proffessionalism.

but 75 mill + robinho which can then get us benzema and ramos is a deal or no deal situation lol

Guest Luffy

Don't think that Madrid will pay £75 million for Ronaldo but possibly £50m - £60m which will give Utd a fair pot of cash to spend - possibly not as much as the mighty blues but enough to ensure they have a strong squad for next season.

Unfortunately I think Ronaldo has handled the whole situation poorly - if he had a little more balls he should have come out after he left the Euros and said that he really would like to join Madrid as it is his dream. It is fair to say that Utd do not want to lose him - especially as he scored 40% of their goals last season - however players do have soft spots for teams and Ronaldo's is Madrid. The lad has grown under fergie however now it seems he wants to try his luck elsewhere maybe after the season he has just had he wants to have a go in another league. Utd should cash in on him and use the money in other areas such as midfield and upfront where it looks as if they need to strengthen.

It seems that until players and managers come off their extended holidays we will just have to wait and continue to listen to the rumour mill. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will strengthen with the clubs going for the same players it will all be down to spending power, and who can attract the players. Interesting times to come.

you really think they should strengthen their midfiled?

i would agree if ronaldo left they should get a winger but they have CM carrick CDM hargraves the workhorse

scholes has a year left and anderson i believe will be outstanding, eh was very good last season! would say nani needs to do a lot of work but ronaldo did the same when he first joined. however, i dont see him being as good. if they were to get a midfielder it would have to be someone who can be as clever as fabregas i believe.

they need a RB and a young CB to cover ferdinand and vidic through injuries and bans and then when they get older come in, which is what i thought pique was good for! obviously not to fergie.

really want to see benzema in a united shirt!!!

as well as ronaldo staying obviously