Cornwall Football Forum

EVELY CUP Cancelled

nanks what was phils last name the blond guy who played for nanpean and st austell left foot worked as a herds man on a farm at sticker , played on the left mid and full back sometimes center a hard player but good can u help he moved away about the same time as mark nancarrow bust be around 45 now metts hope ur good hows the family any more yet lol

Think that was a couple of seasons before. The last St Austell side to of won it was when my old man was in charge, beat Truro 1-0 down at Falmouth.

No dont know mate but did speak to Nanny a few weeks ago.

Yep family is all good and not having any more!! Also coming out of retirement, have missed it!

Guest thebigfella

I'm nothing to do with Tamarside directly, so it's unfair to refer to me in that way. Officials at Tamarside may have a very different view to my own. My own personal views should not reflect on Tamarside, or any other club for that matter, in any way.

Playing a scheduled league fixture on 11/12 May is an altogether different scenario than turning out for a Cup Final.

So... Truro appear to have been offered the 25th, Tamarside the 11th... that's still only TWO dates, so I see no reason why the game could not have been played at another time!

As Mr Mourihno states, Truro may well have stuffed Tamarside, but it seems to me that the biggest issue here is Truro's internal problems and illfeeling leading to them being unable to raise a side for the match. I fail to see how Tamarside should continue to get a kicking for it when, at the end of the day, they wanted to play the game... Truro City on the other hand, didn't or couldn't!!

I'm nothing to do with Tamarside directly, so it's unfair to refer to me in that way. Officials at Tamarside may have a very different view to my own. My own personal views should not reflect on Tamarside, or any other club for that matter, in any way.

Playing a scheduled league fixture on 11/12 May is an altogether different scenario than turning out for a Cup Final.

So... Truro appear to have been offered the 25th, Tamarside the 11th... that's still only TWO dates, so I see no reason why the game could not have been played at another time!

As Mr Mourihno states, Truro may well have stuffed Tamarside, but it seems to me that the biggest issue here is Truro's internal problems and illfeeling leading to them being unable to raise a side for the match. I fail to see how Tamarside should continue to get a kicking for it when, at the end of the day, they wanted to play the game... Truro City on the other hand, didn't or couldn't!!

I GIVE UO WHATS THE POINT,NIGHT NIGHT <_<

I find it hard to believe that its the two clubs involved taking all the grief over this one!

Surely the two leagues are to blame as much as anyone by not using their authority and when seeing that there was a problem with the clubs not being able to agree a date, stepping in and giving an ultimatum as to one.

Again there's been a shameful lack of communication coming out from the leagues - it's obvious by the length of this topic that people do care about the Evely Cup, why haven't have the leagues got together to come out with an official comment as to what is happening? Or do they not care themselves? :o

I am not to sure of my facts as it is only second hand but wasn't this subject raised at the ECPL SGM and it was revealed that the JCCL are not and have not been to keen on the competition anyway. Perhaps someone who was at the meeting could come on here and confirm, or deny for that matter.

Guest Peppermint

Perhaps the Leagues could set a date for the Final of the Evely Cup before the season starts and this would avoid all these recriminations and bitterness.

After all most finals of competitions in all sports are organised that way and it seems to work. All Clubs would know exactly when the final is going to be played and it would solve the problem.There would be no way aYouth Tournament could get in the way of the final!

It seems very disrespectful to the memory of the donor and his family as Mike Odgers points out.

I understand that the Cup is administered by the ECPL and is not really a Combination League matter.

The date is now the 1st June so it cannot be played this season and as Truro City Reserves are in the Peninsula League next season then it seems that the Final will remained unplayed and this is agreat pity.

Tamarside football Club

Official Response to the Evely Cup.

As this thread continues to rumble on regarding the above and certain individuals having too much to say regarding our club this is the situation regarding the fixture.

We were informed of the date of the final which corresponded with our Junior tournament.

As already reported there were various members of the squad and management involved in the running of the event.

Our secretary requested if the date could be rearranged and informed the league we would play at any venue on any date.

We were informed our opponents could not raise a side to compete in the fixture and we have had no further correspondance regarding the match.

We regret we could not play on the original date and I think it is obvious we did not set out to belittle the cup and would have relished the opportunity to play the game.

Those are the facts.