Cornwall Football Forum

cup final

Guest geachy1

Guest Jezza

Not a bad game, I thought we had the Majority of play in the first half but couldn't turn it into goals. Despite taking the lead through an own-goal, the Falmouth backline were superb all game and Falmouth equalised almost immediately through a header before taking charge in the second half and scoring a well worked winner.

Thats four cups we've blown this season now.... well done to Falmouth you deserved it on the day.

Winners.jpg

notagain.jpg

Not the best match - both sides can play much better football than was on display today.

The first 20 minutes were all TMS, Albion just couldn't get out of their own half. Perhaps Norman had heard that they'd get a rebate from Wendron if they only used half the pitch.

Sure enough TMS scored first. A lovely move down the right was crossed hard into the box and sweetly turned into his own net off the post by the hapless Albion defender. No worries. He was moving back quickly and was under pressure to play it. So it goes.

Within a couple of minutes Albion equalised with a looping header. From my viewpoint, admittedly from the far end of the pitch, it appeared that the TMS keeper just flapped a hand in the general direction of the ball when it wouldn't have been too difficult to thump it! (may be unfair).

Half time 1-1. TMS ahead on the play about 60- 40.

Second half was much more even. TMS seemed to pressure more but Albion were finding gaps at the back and had several good chances that went begging.

Albion won the match with a well taken goal. The through ball allowed the attacker to get in front of the defender and to finish comfortably.

Well done Albion.

Well done referee Mike Carter. At times both sides seemed determined to make it a physical contest, but Porkie settled them well and allowed the football to appear.

Tough luck Richie. A few weeks ago TMS looked odds on for three trophies.

This year, the first time in memory, all 5 Sunday League trophies went to a different club. Shares it all out a bit!

Guest Jezza

okay a couple more for you....

here's the falmouth keeper motionless following his own defender scoring the opener (not sure but it might have been their Captain who had the last touch?)...

opener.jpg

with virtually the next move Jayer (carrying a knock) get's it all wrong and flaps at the equaliser...

equaliser.jpg

the game gets tasty with a few challenges...

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg

and then with Falmouth on top a well worked winner and the shirts off...

winning.jpg

but Porkies having none of that on his field and the fifa laws are applied in full with a flash of yellow...

booked.jpg

but it's a win for Falmouth and Richies takes solace with a treble Jack Daniels and coke

(and Geachy's Mrs nearly provides the picture of the day in the background as she bends down to pick up the football :D

richie.jpg

Full set of pic's will be available on TMSAFC Website within the next few days.

Guest Roberts

Billy aint gunna get any jobs as a journo after that awfull review!!!

i think hes a bit bitter, cause i smash him up everytime we play....

sum good photos uploaded from jezza, give us a shout when you put the rest up!

a good win for albion after an "average season by thier standards" quote from the match program!

loving the comments form geach and zeberdee

haha

thanks to billy and the other guy (who presented the trophy) for there work in the cornish soccer league,

Billy aint gunna get any jobs as a journo after that awfull review!!!

i think hes a bit bitter, cause i smash him up everytime we play....

sum good photos uploaded from jezza, give us a shout when you put the rest up!

a good win for albion after an "average season by thier standards" quote from the match program!

loving the comments form geach and zeberdee

haha

thanks to billy and the other guy (who presented the trophy) for there work in the cornish soccer league,

Which "zone" were you in when you " smash him up everytime we play"?

The "boy zone", The "O zone" or the bloody "twilight zone?" Must have been different world zones.

Just a great joy to play against you! 3X your age, (bus pass today!) and still worrying you!

Guest Roberts

hahah, youre funny billy

the only person worrying when i play against crowntown is the Groundsman, that the net will break from me hitting the back of it too many times...

i score on a regular basis against crowntown including a hat-trick away from home (while still under the influence).

oh, can i remind you of the time you tryed winning a header agaisnt me,

YOU rebounded off my 6,2 frame and turned the ball into ure own net!

but i am still worried....

hahahahaha

you gonna be playing net season bill?

hahah, youre funny billy

the only person worrying when i play against crowntown is the Groundsman, that the net will break from me hitting the back of it too many times...

i score on a regular basis against crowntown including a hat-trick away from home (while still under the influence).

oh, can i remind you of the time you tryed winning a header agaisnt me,

YOU rebounded off my 6,2 frame and turned the ball into ure own net!

but i am still worried....

hahahahaha

you gonna be playing net season bill?

So I still won the header! 5' 6", 9 stone Vs 6' 2" lump! I'll settle for that. O.K. I had to stretch a bit and got the direction wrong. ( but no one was going to stop it!)

I do remember you mysteriously disappearingin the first game with a seriously dented confidence!

And, if you have to ask if I'm playing next season, you must be really worried. Course I am. started training this week. And have applied for the bus pass to get to matches.

Guest Roberts

maybe crowntown should stop scouting there players from the old peoples home!!!

as for me and you bill, theres 4 ways to settle this...

1. Arm Wrestle

2.Rock paper scissors

3. penalty shootout

4. kick up competition

you can choose.....

BUT NO, we cant have a crossword competition!

I see, anything but football and something that needs at least two brain cells.

I think I've got the picture.

Is that the total list of things that Mr Roberts can do?

I'm amazed that it got as far as four. Well done.

Gum chewing?

Walking in a straight line?

Counting (only up to seven)?

Building a tower with lego?

Making a jam sandwich. (buttered bread provided)

I think that there may be other things that you could do if we think hard about it. (Sorry, mentioned the "T" word!)

Ludo's not a possibility as you have to add together two dice and so Joe wouldn't be able to tell if I was cheating.

Talking about headers Roberts......................

I seem to remember you trying one against the corner of Marks and Spencers in Falmouth one evening.....

After a few beers................and losing rather badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Roberts

lol, ye im still wearing the scar for that!!!!!

was absouletly hammered!!!!

dont think i got any sleep that night, just stayed on the beers, walked up the rugby club,

got a lift to crowntown, ran rings around billy, scored a hatrtirck, then went home for a well deserved nap!!!!!

and whys mariner getting involved now!!!

when we played athletic, they had to take him off after 25 mins!!!!!

OFF THE PACE!