Steve Massey steps down at Falmouth Town

Guest john

Guest john

I am sure many of you heard the news today that Steve Massey will not be manager next season. I do not know if Steve will be involved with football in the future or play some backroom role at Falmouth. I wish Steve the best for the future.

:)

Up the Town!

I am very sorry that Steve is standing down & I hope that he does still have a roll of sorts at Falmouth,

we must also not start to make all sorts of reasons why he is leaving,

it is well known at Town that he is not in the best of health,

Dave deacon will most likely know more about Steve's reason for leaving, as he was going to intervue him so let us all wait until Dave gives us the full story that is if he wishes to do so,

In the mean time all of the Suporters at Town wish Steve Massey all the best, & thank you for what you have done for Falmouth in the past

Hammers :mellow::c: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

Steve Massey was not pushed and there is no bad blood between him and the club. The decision is 100% amicable. We are on the lookout now for a new manager and there is the obvious speculation but at present no names have been discussed or approached.

On behalf of the club I would like to wish Steve and Stuart Massey all the best for the future and both will always be welcome at Bickland Park.

Guest john

Gary P wasnt given the sack. He was offered the job for that season but declined. Anyway i hear Gary took a large part of the budget for himself. Alot of managers do the job for no money for the love of the game! Even putting their hands in their own pockets.

I would like to see a falmouth team with more local names, i dont think we need the money boys. i think its about getting the right group of players to gel. :c::D:c::yahoo: :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

The bottom line is the club offered him the job and gave him two deadlines, he still didn't give them a definite answer after the second so it was decided to advertise for a new manager.

I would like to see a falmouth team with more local names, i dont think we need the money boys. i think its about getting the right group of players to gel. :c::D:c::yahoo::thumbsup:

I don't think you'll find a better side around than us at Launceston for local talant!! At least 8 players every week make the 1st team who all live in Launceston. 5th place in the league with a shoestring budget compared to those around us and our 3rd cup final in 4 years. It can be done!!

Guest john

yeah Launceston are a fine example of local talent and always give falmouth a hard game.

Nanks, i think Gary asked for more money also to give the current players he had a pay rise.but hey ho thats history now.

Guest Terrier Tom

The question remains; who is 'local' to Falmouth that is currently capable of playing at that standard? And have they even had any local players in the past 5 years who were!?

I imagine if there had been away Mr Massey would have tried/found them by now?

Local talent in Cornwall at senior level is rare anyway I'd say. 99% of the Truro side, as I understand, are Devon based. And many of the top players from the Peninsula League are Plymouth/East Cornwall.

Where has the West's, top senior level talent gone?

there is young talent in west cornwall,clubs though want to win all games and tend not to throw youngsters with potential in,although penzance did at end of season and although results may not have gone their way their youngsters performed well and gained valuable expiereince.

The question remains; who is 'local' to Falmouth that is currently capable of playing at that standard? And have they even had any local players in the past 5 years who were!?

I imagine if there had been away Mr Massey would have tried/found them by now?

Local talent in Cornwall at senior level is rare anyway I'd say. 99% of the Truro side, as I understand, are Devon based. And many of the top players from the Peninsula League are Plymouth/East Cornwall.

Where has the West's, top senior level talent gone?

West Cornwall talent=How about Karl Turner league and cup winner with Bodmin.

Ian Gosling;Johnny Ludlam;Justin Harrington;Jason Chapman for Truro City

Darren Burchell;Wayne Brown and even Bryn Wheeler looked useful on Saturday for Falmouth.

Down at Porthleven there are players who should be playing higher especially Martin Day

These are players I thought of on the spur of the moment and am sure there are many more who could compete in the SWPL Premier from West Cornwall.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Got to agree with spider, what an achievement for launceston. Also Torpoint need a mention, again a shoe string budget but a lot of local talent, players picked up from a lower league, but a great management team!

Guest philglossop

Ah yes Launceston- a prime example in local football

Bottom with 16/17 year old lads some 10/12 years ago- they stuck together through re-election and bottom of table times to grow and progress.

Bear in mind- the cost that championship and the redevelopment of Pennygilliam!!