Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 10/05/08

That's got to be the easiest game you have ever reffed Mr SF, great game played in the spirit of the occasion. This game could have been for the league but things have gone our way this year.

Just like to say well done to the TMS boys who played their part today & had a laugh...good luck in your final tomorrow.....one more to go ..Trvenson next week....

Mining 1

Spice 1 - 6 Holmans

Holmans 1 point behind Gulval! Now up to the league to come to a swift decision over "lord of the rings gate" at Trevenson! I'm sure Gulval would wish it replayed and I see their point of view so will not put the boots in the garage for the summer just yet!!!

Mining League 3

Threemilestone Res 4 Gulval Res 0

A deserved victory for the home side who I believe need to win their last match (next Saturday) to clinch the title from Chacewater. Gulval did put up a fight, but TMS never really looked in trouble after scoring midway through the first half from a corner, followed by another shortly after from a long goal kick, and one right on half time. The second half was a little more even, but the best team won on the day.

Hats off to you Pitty and the Holmans guys, but speaking from a Gulval perspective, how is it that after a season you've had, the last 2 games (including the one that may never have been!) you have scored 12 and conceded 1????? And.....against Spice and Trevenson!!!!!!!!

Detailed explanation please.......... :blink:

Mining League 3

A deserved victory for the home side who I believe need to win their last match (next Saturday) to clinch the title from Chacewater. Gulval did put up a fight, but TMS never really looked in trouble after scoring midway through the first half from a corner, followed by another shortly after from a long goal kick, and one right on half time. The second half was a little more even, but the best team won on the day.

Hats off to you Pitty and the Holmans guys, but speaking from a Gulval perspective, how is it that after a season you've had, the last 2 games (including the one that may never have been!) you have scored 12 and conceded 1????? And.....against Spice and Trevenson!!!!!!!!

If we had not been punished for my mistake in putting a nickname down on a teamsheet as a surname and therefore losing 3 pts we would be safe by now so its not as if we have not won a single game all season! As for our run in I will admit the squad was bolstered today by a couple of the FHFL1 side but the Trevenson game was a pure side with to be honest a few players missing (a very strange day that one)

I think whats happened in our favour mangle is that we had quite a few games to play at the end of the season compared to the other relegation threatened sides against teams with nothing to play for (and no disrespect to any side here) but obviously every game for us has been a cup final and we just seemed to have clicked at the right time although when Spice got a goal back early in the 2nd half to make it 1-2 I may have thrown my toys out the pram!!!

Hopefully a decision over the Trevenson game will be forthcoming this week and we can all go on our summer hols :drink: :drink:

Fair play Pitty. I was looking for an honest answer, and I think I got one. So you "bolstered" your team, you're allowed, why not. I am sure that any other team in your position would do the same.

As for the Trevenson game, I don't think you'd get any Gulval person wanting that result to stand. That kind of goes without saying. I would imagine that you wouldn't get any Holmans person wanting to replay it either.

Anyway, it's not in our hands, someone has to make a decision, and I guess whatever one is made, we won't be seeing you next season!!

MINING ONE

St Just Reserves 2 vs 3 Redruth Utd

Fantastic comeback by the Reds from two-nil down, played some lovely football and signed off their inaugral Mining One campaign with a victory and a tenth place league finish!

Redruths goalscorers, Guy Johnson, James Petty and Callum Salmon (first since returning to the club), sorry dont know the lads who scored for St Just.

Redruths man of the match, Adam Townsend, who also captained the team on the day as it was his 100th appearence for the club! :c:

If we had not been punished for my mistake in putting a nickname down on a teamsheet as a surname and therefore losing 3 pts we would be safe by now so its not as if we have not won a single game all season! As for our run in I will admit the squad was bolstered today by a couple of the FHFL1 side but the Trevenson game was a pure side with to be honest a few players missing (a very strange day that one)

I think whats happened in our favour mangle is that we had quite a few games to play at the end of the season compared to the other relegation threatened sides against teams with nothing to play for (and no disrespect to any side here) but obviously every game for us has been a cup final and we just seemed to have clicked at the right time although when Spice got a goal back early in the 2nd half to make it 1-2 I may have thrown my toys out the pram!!!

Hopefully a decision over the Trevenson game will be forthcoming this week and we can all go on our summer hols :drink::drink:

Any news on this yet Pitty?

No News Yet!!! :angry2:

I spoke to an official of the mining league last week and he said they had recieved reports from myself and neil at Trevenson (thanks for that mate) but no ref report????

Needs to be sorted in 16 days before the insurance lapses and also if game to be replayed Trevenson will have to book Pool school (or astro at cornwall college as I think they have used that in past)

Possible Outcomes as follows

1) call it a draw as the scoreline was 0-0 at time of abandonment = Holmans relegated on goal difference

2) Award game to trevenson = Holmans relegated by 1 point

3) Allow result to stand from 90min match when scoreline 0-6 with trevenson official as ref =Gulval relegated

4) Replay match = Holmans must win to avoid relegation

I understand you guys are on tenderhooks as well as us general sorry mate that we have caused this uncertainty!!!!

Look on the bright side I think the relegation battle in mining 1 has been far more interesting then the title race this season although congrats to portreath on their silverware collection the RBL will have to buy a bigger cabinet!!!

I'm just wondering if it is still the case for the bottom 2 not 3 going down. If it's 3 at this moment in time we are both buggered but if we were to win a rematch against Trevenson we can go above St Ives putting them 3rd from bottom???

Guest Luffy

Mining League 3

An enjoyable match. Gulval worked hard but we just had too much in the locker for them. I wish Gulval all the best for next season.

Have to admit best we have played for a few weeks but it certainly has given us a chance now to win the title.

One game and one win away, talk about going down to the wire.