Cornwall Football Forum

Referees' Question

What should a referee do if, at a junior game, the Manager signals for a substitution. The referee holds the game up. The Manager nominates a player to come off but the player says "No way, I'm too good, I'm not going off!"

Does anyone get cautioned, dismissed? Who's responsible for resolving it?

There's 11 players on the pitch, should the referee just insist that the play restarts without the sub being completed?

I haven't actually seen it happen, but, with some of the muppets we get in junior football, could easily see it as a possibility. I have seen some players throwing their dummy over the hedge when subbed so it hasn't been that far off.

This happened in a semi final cup game i played in as a young Frank Stapleton wannabe. The referee :SM_carton_y: gave an indirect free kick to our home team and sent of the youngster that wouldnt leave the pitch. He also gave a red card :SM_carton: to both managers as well because they swore.

The fine in those days was £3 for a yellow and £5 for a red :SM_carton: so we paid it straightaway from the kitty. You were meant to send it in to the county f.A. :c: and cos they had a league bigwig there for the semi final we received no further action. I think it was because the league official pocketed it...?

Well well well, we'll never know because he's dead now :yahoo: . Anyway we went on to win and one of our joint managers went on to manage in the old western league. :clapper:

Guest keano

The player who refuse's to come off will 9 times out of 10 come off sooner or later ( bit embarrasing for him the longer his protest goes on ) then the manager should tell him to return any club property he has and send him packing !!!!

OKAY, I'VE GOT THIS ONE.

ANY PLAYER REFUSING TO LEAVE THE FIELD OF PLAY WHEN SUBSTITUTED OR ANY PLAYER TAKING FAR TOO LONG (LIKE A TIMEWASTER I HAD A FEW GAMES AGO) THEN THE REFEREE CAN CAUTION THE PLAYER FOR UNSPORTING CONDUCT OR DELAYING THE RESTART OF PLAY.

IF HE STILL WILL NOT LEAVE THEN THE REFEREE CAN ADMINISTER A SECOND CAUTION, THEREFORE A SENDING OFF.(NEVER QUITE GOT THAT FAR FOR ME)

THIS RULING CAME ABOUT A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN TEAM PLAYERS AND MANAGERS STARTED USING THE SUBSTITUTE PROCESS TO WASTE TIME IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES OF A CRUNCH GAME.

This happened in a semi final cup game i played in as a young Frank Stapleton wannabe. The referee :SM_carton_y: gave an indirect free kick to our home team and sent of the youngster that wouldnt leave the pitch. He also gave a red card :SM_carton: to both managers as well because they swore.

The fine in those days was £3 for a yellow and £5 for a red :SM_carton: so we paid it straightaway from the kitty. You were meant to send it in to the county f.A. :c: and cos they had a league bigwig there for the semi final we received no further action. I think it was because the league official pocketed it...?

Well well well, we'll never know because he's dead now :yahoo: . Anyway we went on to win and one of our joint managers went on to manage in the old western league. :clapper:

Are you happy about the fact that someone is dead? To me that equtes to never being taken seriously again. It won't take long for this name to have a reputation like the last one eh?

Hey fatty,

not that its got anything to do with you but maybe if i apologize for using the 'happy chappy' symbol you'll be ok. I thought it was an exclamatory figuire.

And no, I would never willingly celebrate someones death...well maybe a few people....I was merely trying to state the facts and chose the wrong smiley thingy.

Maybe its just a bit close to the wire with you cos of your self proclaimed obesity problem.

Also, Fatso, Is your Avatar a self portrait? If so i'm sure i saw you round new years eve in Gunnislake?

maybe I have you 'weighed' up wrong and you were taking the proverbial urine. lets hope so.

As for that knobber dermot piping up, if you want to analyse things i find his avatar in bad taste, many a young life has been ruined with accidental spillage of flammable liquids and indeed my own pet tortoise came to such a demise, it involved an old stratton briggs lawnmower and some turpentine solution. You can imagine the rest but needless to say you can picture my face when Gramps told me the terry the tortoise had met his maker. While i accepted his honesty I still feel aggreived that he had to have 'one last' woodbine in the shed out of sight of nanna.

Cheers anyway. :drink:

Guest Dermot

`knobber dermot`

You sound just like the sort of person this Football Forum needs,whilst the majority of people use this site to give out and receive information,in the few posts under your new name you have tried to insult as many people as you can,and heres me thinking that the moderators were going to do away with timewasters like you on this site. :blink:

Guest Dermot

Of course I will Johnnie,you have my number or you can always PM me on here,might have to have a little Cartilage Op,hopefully in June so the more pre season friendlies the better for me. Cheers. ;0) :smiley20: