Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Finals Day 4/5

Jubilee Cup Final

Four Lanes 2 St Buryan 1

Feisty :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

7 yellows, including 2 for one St Buryan player who obviously then saw Red!!

Four Lanes scorers were Andy Couper and Nathan Allen (who picked up man of the match award as well) :clapper:

tms res 1-3 chasewater

josh turner

mike hitchens

brenden hitchens

mike davies

was a very tight game not alot of shots tms took the lead when turners deflected goal found the bottom corner of the net.then a keeping error from tms keeper aloud chase back in the game.then after jenksys one on one miss fell to the feet of several chase players and eventually they put it in the back of the net!!then came the killer for tms when are subsitute jody comitteted what can only be described as gbh on a chase player the ref had choice but to give a penalty which mike davies tucked into the bottom corner>

well played chasewater in the end a deserved win hopefully tms can clinch the league in the next few weeks :clapper:

Fair assessment Liam.Good sized crowd too for you guys to play in front of.

As you said,from what i saw and was told,it was a tight match with not many goalscoring chances but i have to say that Richard Bennetts and Paul Edmonds were simply outstanding at the back for us.Brendon did turn and take his chance superbly.Not sure what your right back was thinking about for the penalty (which was tucked away by Matt Davis) rush off blood to make that sort of challenge in the penalty box.

It's been a good season for both clubs in Division Three and looks like it will go down to the wire......

Fair assessment Liam.Good sized crowd too for you guys to play in front of.

As you said,from what i saw and was told,it was a tight match with not many goalscoring chances but i have to say that Richard Bennetts and Paul Edmonds were simply outstanding at the back for us.Brendon did turn and take his chance superbly.Not sure what your right back was thinking about for the penalty (which was tucked away by Matt Davis) rush off blood to make that sort of challenge in the penalty box.

It's been a good season for both clubs in Division Three and looks like it will go down to the wire......

yeah i must say who ever the person that gave itchy man of the match but he was wrong no disrespect to him but like you said rich and paul were amazing,best centre backs i have played against all season did everything right.i only had one chance all game were i got a yard away from rich and should of burried my header.....o well look foward to playing you next season,well not you but chasewater unless you coming out of retirement sf? :clapper: :clapper:

yeap it was. you should mate your younger the some of chases players :P:P i was chatting to a couple of mining 2 players who were waiting to come on for there game after and they were saying if we can both keep are players then theres no doubt we will be up the top of mining 2 next season :clapper: :clapper:

nathan allen deserved man of the match for most of his performance, but should he of still been on the pitch after what i would call two footed assault on the st buryan defender.

but four lanes have been in fantastic form for the last 2 months and could still snatch the league from st buryan and do the double

up the laners

Guest Luffy

Just like to say well done to Chacewater for their win. We just did not turn up after the break and in the end the best team won.

Both defences played very well and I think this made for an interesting game. Looking forward to playing in the next division and if we can win our next three games we will go up as champions.

The youngster did the club proud by getting to the final and I am proud of them. Well done to both teams, although it mean't I had another runners up trophy on the side board at home.