Cornwall Football Forum

GERALD SOBEY SHIELD FINAL

THREEMILESTONE 1 V 2 TREMOUGH .........

.Superb game of football played in great spirit between two very good sides ..in the fog at Wendron !!

Students were on top for most of first half with TMS keeper Ian Jay in fine form to go in level at

halftime 0-0

Two well worked goals up the hill put Tremough clear although a late goal gave TMS hope........

but not to be the treble for Richies boys this year .

i was reading in the back of the programme and it said that,that was richies last game???

if so he hasnt told any of us lol?

can you explain the situation?

I must take full responsibility for the slight error in the programme. Never good with detailed semantics.

Richie has two more games - next Sunday's final and the game against Regent. I forgot about the Regent game and just thought I could use the same notes on the final programme next week.

Maybe we just hoped that it was his last game?

Maybe he'll change his mind?

Maybe he told the team at one of his team talks which they've learned not to listen to.

Life's quite uncertain you know.

Guest Tremough Defender

We finally won one! Who would have thought?

Thanks to everyone who congratulated us at the end and many thanks to Threemilestone who played the game in great spirit and admitted the better team won on the day.

Up the mough.

Jj

Guest Tremough Forward

I shall pass congrats onto those players, they are the better ones in the team and have had experience at higher levels. Mike used to play against Walcott at School. Erik used to train everyday!! Oli has played for Dorchester Res and has been offered a contract for Sherborne for next season. The goal is second place now which would be our best placed position ever. The Campus in Penryn is ever expanding with more halls of accommodation being built. With more students, more want to play football and loads of potential players wanted to join last year but we had to let them down. There is talk of a second team entering div two for next year in preparation for the influx again. Hopefully as the Uni expands, Tremough might be a dominant force in years to come but who knows.

It would be great to have a second Tremough team in the League. Probably good enough for Div 1 as well! (Crowntown view!)

Please be aware of the "different" League rules. Each team must have its own set of players so that they can't be swapped between teams.

It gets rid of the problem of one team robbing the other or strengthening the other unfairly.

It's all historical. In days gone there were examples of the first team getting nowhere, the second team winning the League/Cups swapping teams to collect more pots. And, of course what goes on all the time, on days when 1st team hasn't as game, use players to strengthen 2nd team. (and steal regular players' places.)

THE GAME WAS PLAYED BY BOTH TEAMS IN VERY GOOD SPIRIT, MY LADS SEEMED TO SIT BACK AND NOT ATTACK THE GAME WHICH COST US DEAR. WELL DONE TO TREM, THEY WERE THE BETTER SIDE ON THE DAY A GOOD WIN FOR THEM. IM GLAD THEY HAVE MANAGED TO FINALY WIN A FINAL.

ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE. :thumbsup: